secret hideaway

welcome to my hideaway​

fact file:

started around mid october of 2010, wasn't too serious, started making an effort in late december, started just making icons, but lately been trying sigs and banners, i use photoshop (CS4) and gimp, loved both of the programs. love the features of both. recently, i been trying to do some of the effect using picnik as well.

rules & guidelines:

- all forum rules applies

- no spamming

- no trolling

- always try to cnc

updates:

- will update probably weekly if i'm not too busy

- will check daily, so if you post, i will reply

- check last page for all new updates

cnc:

- please specify examples and avoid general comments

- techniques help is wanted

- guidelines or any good guide would be helpful for me to improve

tag examples (most current):
tags:

most current.

EDIT: to check out icon galleries, please scroll down to the next post

Disclaimer

I do not hold any copyrights to the images used to create my tag, icons, sigs etc. All of the finished products are made by me. Do not steal, copy or take without permission, please respect the hard works and time and effort put in for all of the product. Copyrighted/Credits goes back to the rightful owner of any images, programs, and finished product.

[quote name='chronicle_']

tag examples (most current):
tags:

most current.

[/QUOTE]

ill try to CnC them all XD

1st: it looks kind of plain, maybe you could try adding another texture on type of it or a light source to make it look less empty, or some typo

2nd: I can tell you used a render since it stands out form the BG and the BG turned pixelated (dunno how that happened O_O), this one is kind of empty too, maybe add some flower brushes in front of her to make it look like one picture

3rd: i really like this one XD no CnC needed

4th: bokeh! 8D anyways i liek this one too, i think you should have added some more sparkle to it (i love sparkles XD) and some typo since its a scenery tag

5th: not sure what you did to this one but its nice too so i wont CnC it

6th: happy tree friends~ make the typo opacity lower and move it closer to flaky so it doesnt look so much as the focal rather than flaky and flippy

7th: i think you should experiment with this one, it looks liek a fun one to experiment with XD try some color changes and some gradient maps and maybe a couple filters

8th: so cute XD so empty on the left side though ;A; add some typo to it so it doesnt look so empty XD

wooh that was fun 8D keep updating CC ill keep CnCing (or at last trying i dont think im very helpful)

thanks star.. how about the icons..

i made couple of new ones. i guess i'll update them here.

different method on this set of updates:

there are different versions of them b/c photobucket and imageshack distorted some of my colors.

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

still learning how to make nicer render with the backgrounds. will experiment more this week.

awesomeness all over the place!!

gotta stalk this thread 8D

and I like #4 more, for clean and brighter background

it gives more focus to the character.

light n the char shading more makes sense there ^.^

ooh woah i forgot about the icons lmao XD ill do those after i finish this tag:

#4 on the awaiting tag- i like it the best, youre getting better at blending together the background and the render gradually ^o^ though i still suggest trying more stocks for now. the light source is great, the BG is kinda smudgy (did you do that on purpose?) just move the typo close to the render too

[quote name='chronicle_']Icon Galleries:

[/QUOTE]

k now ill do the icons i wont CnC them all though

4th icon - this one looks blurry or smudgy, you want to be able to see the focal (something i had to learn the hard way)

5th and 6th- the brush is really visible, you should lower the opacity or set it to a layer mode to make it blend more and less visible

the rest are really good ^o^ (plus im not an icon expert so i cant see evry detail in them lol)

thanks for all those who had stopped by and took the chance to cnc.

here is my weekend updates:

probably add more later.

let me know.

cnc

[quote name='Chronicle_']thanks for all those who had stopped by and took the chance to cnc.

here is my weekend updates:

probably add more later.

let me know.

cnc[/QUOTE]

Um, I'm not good at this GFX-thing but I'll try to CnC.:) I really really really heart those icons of yours, they are beautifullll!!!! :3 Though they look a bit plain in my eyes... Maybe some more textures? Could I bother you for the original image too? >< For the avys I like them, they're very nice.:) But, imo the text doesn't seem to fit well.

I just love you how keep it simple. You don't go overboard with slapping effects on your sets, and the simplicity becomes a quality in itself. Just a bit of colour correction, some nice typography and voila! The result is great!