Euthanasia

Bloodrazor

The Overlord
What are your thoughts of Euthanasia? Many people have different opinions and I'd like to see the opinions of the TI folks. Some of my elitist friends thinks that crippled people or people who're not "worth" the trouble (keeping them alive is much more "costly" than they're worth) should be euthanized to better allocate those resources to other more "important" people.

Other people disagree and say that euthanization is unethical conduct and that all people are "priceless" and no life should be wasted. Many religions also forbid euthanization (as far as I'm aware anyways).

What are your views on euthanasia? Also, if someone asks to be euthanized what would you do? Fulfill their wishes and be guilty for assisted suicide, or tell them to bear the pain so that they might be able to overcome the difficulty they are facing?

If a close friend or a family member was too weak to commit suicide and was facing an incurable (and life-destroying) illness, I would do it for them even if it were illegal. With my own hands if necessary. A blood-choke, properly applied, kills in 20 seconds and is completely painless.

Of course I'd only do it if. . .

1. Their chance of recovery was negligible.
2. The quality of their remaining life was incredibly poor and filled with suffering
3. If they asked (while mentally lucid) specifically for help with assisted suicide.

The danger of legalizing Euthanasia is abuse of the practice to "get rid of" the infirm. Were it legalized, there would need to be a rigorous set of criteria met before it were carried out in order to prevent abuse.

Bloodrazor

The Overlord
In that circumstance would you say that you are guilty of assisted-suicide or would you say that it was to end their suffering and therefore it wouldn't be a crime?

In that circumstance would you say that you are guilty of assisted-suicide or would you say that it was to end their suffering and therefore it wouldn't be a crime?
In America, I'd get locked up.

Perhaps it'd be best if I found some way to cover my tracks or make it look natural, because I'm not a fan of going to jail for doing the right thing xD

Bloodrazor

The Overlord
Lol.

But then again, we'd have to determine what the word "right" would mean.

There are many different views and potentially all of them are "right" in a sense.

I mean, even my elitist friends aren't heartless enough to kill people for no reason. However, is cutting off life support for a person (who may or may not want to live and endure the pain) and then allocating the funds into healing others?

Lol.

But then again, we'd have to determine what the word "right" would mean.

There are many different views and potentially all of them are "right" in a sense.

I mean, even my elitist friends aren't heartless enough to kill people for no reason. However, is cutting off life support for a person (who may or may not want to live and endure the pain) and then allocating the funds into healing others?
Without their consent?

I couldn't support that.

Darkchao45

No More Heroes
Staff member
Sometimes....in one of those once in a million type deals...miracles happen. I can understand wanting to put someones endless suffering to and end, but what if there was hope down the road for recovery?