Rei Ayanami

Pilot Evangelion Unit-00
Not going to happen.

Most, if not all of the reasons people gave have been discredited already. Like the Mayans, if they could predict the future, why didn't they predicted the Spanish?

If Merlin couldn't redict the future, how could he predict the Nazi invasion in a DIFFERENT country?

(i'm nor for or against, I just want a debate lulz)

Last edited:

Rei Ayanami

Pilot Evangelion Unit-00
If Merlin couldn't redict the future, how could he predict the Nazi invasion in a DIFFERENT country?

(i'm nor for or against, I just want a debate lulz)
My point is, every year someone comes and says that the world is going to end at X year for Y reason. Remember Y2K? Yeah, nothing happened.

Those predictions could be mere coincidences too. Matter of chance of it happening or not. And the predictions are so empty and vague, you can give a thousand interpretations based on them.

What happened in 2000? Was it that superbug?

But there is evidence that the earth will make a magnetic shift, since scientists have comfirmed it, but that itself was predicted by Merlin.

What i'm saying is that there's too many things nowadays that could end the world. War, Nuclear, Terrorists, Global warming.

Rei Ayanami

Pilot Evangelion Unit-00
What happened in 2000? Was it that superbug?

But there is evidence that the earth will make a magnetic shift, since scientists have comfirmed it, but that itself was predicted by Merlin.

What i'm saying is that there's too many things nowadays that could end the world. War, Nuclear, Terrorists, Global warming.
Yeah, Y2K.

And for the rest, we'll just need to wait for it to happen.

I don't think this gonna happen... what I know is after this computer era it will gonna start again from the simple life (rural life) (according to the Revelations)

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
... This might offend some people but honestly I don't really care sense this whole 2012 = the end of the world shit keeps being repeated over and over again but with a different year. And every time it fails to happen the date is just pushed back a decade and its starts all over again.

"Organized" religion is a corrupt hierarchy that hordes money and oppresses people with fear so that they will follow the religion and give them more money. I mean look at the Vatican for example, it's a total hypocrisy of the religion it preaches. People are poor and starving on the streets and steps of the Vatican which has immense amounts of gold inside of it alone. Does the Vatican help these people? No, but they do look down upon them if they attended church and fail to donate any money. The Vatican at one time even sold pardons for sins so that one can subtract years away from their sentence in purgatory. What's up with that...? Oh I plan on going on a vacation and really run wild, how much will -7,000 years of SIN cost me? The only reason they stopped doing this is because of people catching on to them.
These dates of the worlds impending doom are like advertisements for organized religions, and are leaked out to people in hopes that the fear of an upcoming death will bring them more followers. ?Organized Religion? itself was created to ease fear in the hearts of people who could not handle the thought of death on their own. In order to ease this fear people put their hope there ?faith? in an unknown utopia so that death becomes almost something to look forward to. These people then met others that did the same and started growing in numbers thus an ?Organized? religion is born.

Now I'm not saying religion is wrong, I'm just saying believing a bunch bull shit just because a group of people are telling you to is insane. I myself have my own beliefs, but my beliefs stem from my own experiences and views, not on some strangers.

We also have the Mayan junkies who spread the word that the Mayans predicted the end of the world as 2012, but these people are pathetic simple minded fools who know nothing of the ancient culture they are referring to. The Mayan calendar does end at 2012 and it is said that something of a grand scale will happen to result in the end of the calendar. Now by jumping the shark these idiots see 2012, end of calendar and event of on a grand scale and automatically start saying it predicts the end of the world. But if you actually look into it they only predicted the end of a "Time Period? like when BC went to AD they predicted something will happen that is so significant that the time period would change thus making their calendar useless to continue and that?s why they stopped at 2012. Never was it said that the world will end that?s just ramblings of ignorant fools.

So anyway sorry if I'm coming off as preachy, that?s not my intention, I'm just trying to explain why believing this end of the world crap is stupid.

Life?s to short to worry about how it's going to end, just live today, and smile for tomorrow.

Rei Ayanami

Pilot Evangelion Unit-00
We also have the Mayan junkies who spread the word that the Mayans predicted the end of the world as 2012, but these people are pathetic simple minded fools who know nothing of the ancient culture they are referring to. The Mayan calendar does end at 2012 and it is said that something of a grand scale will happen to result in the end of the calendar. Now by jumping the shark these idiots see 2012, end of calendar and event of on a grand scale and automatically start saying it predicts the end of the world. But if you actually look into it they only predicted the end of a "Time Period? like when BC went to AD they predicted something will happen that is so significant that the time period would change thus making their calendar useless to continue and that?s why they stopped at 2012. Never was it said that the world will end that?s just ramblings of ignorant fools.
About the calendar, if I were the Mayans, I wouldn't continue until year 32857039847. It HAS to stop somewhere, just think about it.

Kenzou

pink spider
lol. I for one don't believe in set paths like religion or set paths like predictions. It's all too boring for me. I find it better to live how you wanna live and not to care about things "predicted" by dead people.

The merlin gag kinda ruined the video. Merlin is a fictional character. As for the mayans its possible that in 2021 they planned to make a new calender because the other one got too big.

All in all i think all these guys who predict things a million years before they happen is all bull shit. For starters who really records and writes down some guy saying something like "this big town will get beat by this army". Who would write that down? And why would that record be around when it actually happens. Who would go around and find it anyway? Theres no way to see the future. It's either all bull shit or all coincidence.

Isn't it best to be safe than sorry? What if it does happen? Every choice has a level of uncertainty no matter how much.
if ever its going to end? how can you stay safe? by goin to anothur planet? :) :frozen2:

i dun believe itll happen and i dun care. if i die i die. what else can i do...