AS I Lay Dying: Beneath The Encasing of Ashes (2001)

Darkness

Darkness Consumes All

Early, Beneath the Encasing of Ashes and split album (2001−2003)

After leaving the band Society's Finest where he played guitar, vocalist Tim Lambesis formed As I Lay Dying in 2001. Starting out as a trio with guitarist Evan White and drummer Jordan Mancino, Lambesis said the band's name comes from the novel As I Lay Dying written by William Faulkner. However, in an interview with Nick Hipa, who joined the band in 2004, he asserts there is no connection to the novel and the name was chosen because it sounds "brutal".

Because of the band's influences such as In Flames, Soilwork, and At the Gates, record label Pluto Records took interest and offered it a recording contract. After accepting the offer, one month later the band entered the recording studio to record its first album Beneath the Encasing of Ashes, which was released in June 2001. In 2002, the band recorded five songs for a split album on Pluto Records, with San Diego heavy metal band American Tragedy. The band realized it needed to expand to a five-piece to include another guitarist and a bassist. Mancino commented "we started going on tour and we needed obviously more people than that". The band experienced several line-up changes with bassists, Noah Chase left in 2001, and Aaron Kennedy departed in 2003. Guitarist White left in 2003, as did Jason Krebs in the same year.

Quality: 256kB/S CBR mp3

Size: 54.6MB

Genre: Metalcore

Length: 29:57

Tracklist:

01. "Beneath the Encasing of Ashes" - 3:03

02. "Torn Within" - 1:46

03. "Forced to Die" - 2:43

04. "A Breath in the Eyes of Eternity" - 2:58

05. "Blood Turned to Tears" - 1:38

06. "The Voices That Betray Me" - 2:58

07. "When this World Fades" - 2:32

08. "A Long March" - 1:56

09. "Surrounded" - 0:50

10. "Refined By Your Embrace" - 1:44

11. "The Innocence Spilled" - 3:36

12. "Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier" - 4:13

Download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/108955592/As_I_Lay_Dying__2001__Beneath_the_Encasing_of_Ashes_AW-G2.rar