Aspects of Characters

B StAR

2D Complex.
What aspects do you seem to like when it comes to characters? Do you focus on personality or is it the appearance/drawing of the character that makes them? When it comes to anime characters, does the voice actor add more depth to the character or is natural imagination way better?

For me I mostly look into the personality of the character, thats where the uniqueness of the character lies. Combine that with the appearance and you got one imprinted character stuck in your mind.

Personality is the biggest thing to me. If I dont like their personality, then I wont like them at all. I usually dont like hyperactive characters.

Ray

无限之剑制
Personality , Determination , Berserk mode(only for characters finally using it to save the one they love)

Spark

Club Member
Personality is definitely important. This is what makes you love them. This is what makes you hate them. Nevertheless, it is what provokes an emotion and makes them real. I especially love watching different personalities clash in an anime. But reactions, emotions, dialogue, behavior. All of these stem from the nature of a character. Have a good voice actor develop the traits of a character through speech and have a good artist show us the dress, the actions and the other nonverbals of a character, and the anime character becomes truly unique. Such dynamic characters is what makes anime so much more enjoyable for me.

amanda

personality of the character for me. I always look at that first to see what kind of character they are and if i wll like them later on.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
yup, personality definately comes first. the abilities they have may also play a role but that would be an added bonus

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
personality is a plus, all animes sopost to be attractive so looks really don't matter unless they are mad ulgy. Watching Gurren Lagann all of those personality are what attracted me to the anime, but I like watching a Trigun anime, Vash acts stupid but hes doing it for a good cause...

seirei

kumo no you ni
I also believe that personality is what makes the characters interesting. And if they also look good, then I add them to my favourites:D I don't think the voice is so important...I rarely remember a character's voice:eek:

BLue-FIsh

I have muffins! =D
Personality for me too. I don't mind the way that they act but I take the character's values into consideration. :p

I don't care so much for the appearance as long as it's not too.. exagerated?