Do Nice Guys/Girls Finish Last?

Core

Fascinating...
Again not crom ;) ITs Core but like me you dont actually read posts.

Btw where do you get the idea that only alpha's manipulate? just by breathing you manipulate the air. By existing YOU MANIPULATE. I think you are metaphorically comparing WOLVES AND SHEEP to ALPHAS AND BETAS. Which are completely different things.

Yes wolves prey on sheep. But alphas dont necessarily pray on beta's. Because Wolves and sheep are different steps on a food chain and Alphas and Beta's are different steps on a Social chain. As a student of human behavior you should know this.

I dont give a damn about your credentials and you dont know anything about me, I have nothing to prove to you ^^

Manipulation doesn't in itself imply "prey". But it is still minupulation. The act of getting your way over another person...Alpha males are very predictable in that way. Even their body language show it. I only need to be in a room with a group for 10 min to know who the alpha nd beta men are. For an alpha to keep is position in most cases ,manipulation is used especially when other people in the group start gain power of their own.

[MENTION=1543]Core[/MENTION]....my bad I thought I was talkign to him

Core

Fascinating...
Yes that is preying I am sorry dont know who wrote your dictionary. But manipulation is a very broad word. You manipulated your parents simply by existing in your mothers womb but did you actually mean to get your way over your parents?

Alpha males are everything but predictable because they dont adhere to the same laws that apply to "masses".

Considering maybe 8% of the planet is alpha.. I think what you are talking about is Beta's vs Beta's(the discussion on whether humans have lower rings on the hierarchy. It is well accepted alpha's are on top, but there are varying degrees of beta's some closer to alpha some more distant.)

An alpha never needs to KEEP his position. An alpha doesnt require gratification or anything of the sort. They dont need to be told they are the best. They already are.

Beta's are obsessed with how they are perceived by others if there was a true alpha in the room everyone would either fear or revere him. You do not find as many alpha's in this world as you might think.

PS. Alphas have an extremely magnetic personality and all beta's stick to them like metal. Not saying they follow them, but subconsciously they submit and overlook their previous transgressions and try to be as equal to the alpha as possible(sometimes this just results in copying behavior but that is just a very weak beta.)

Yes that is preying I am sorry dont know who wrote your dictionary. But manipulation is a very broad word. You manipulated your parents simply by existing in your mothers womb but did you actually mean to get your way over your parents?

Alpha males are everything but predictable because they dont adhere to the same laws that apply to "masses".

Considering maybe 8% of the planet is alpha.. I think what you are talking about is Beta's vs Beta's(the discussion on whether humans have lower rings on the hierarchy. It is well accepted alpha's are on top, but there are varying degrees of beta's some closer to alpha some more distant.)

An alpha never needs to KEEP his position. An alpha doesnt require gratification or anything of the sort. They dont need to be told they are the best. They already are.

Beta's are obsessed with how they are perceived by others if there was a true alpha in the room everyone would either fear or revere him. You do not find as many alpha's in this world as you might think.

PS. Alphas have an extremely magnetic personality and all beta's stick to them like metal. Not saying they follow them, but subconsciously they submit and overlook their previous transgressions and try to be as equal to the alpha as possible(sometimes this just results in copying behavior but that is just a very weak beta.)
I know what alpha male is and I never said manipulation involved caring what the person thinks. Its just getting what you want. And that involves manipulation even if its just taking advantage of that magnetic personality.

That is what alpha males do and it is very easy to find an alpha male. I dont know were your getting this unpredictability from.
Maybe you just lack the knowledge to do it.

Core

Fascinating...
No... Again.. Alphas are not conditioned to do that... Can you please list the things that define an alpha for you? Because something is definitely not correct in that picture. Since this is the third time you tried to insult my intelligence I am asking you to hang yourself and not give yourself the oppertunity to change your mind later.

Please list everything that defines and ALPHA to you. If you refuse or cannot comply I will take it as a sign of submission.

No... Again.. Alphas are not conditioned to do that... Can you please list the things that define an alpha for you? Because something is definitely not correct in that picture. Since this is the third time you tried to insult my intelligence I am asking you to hang yourself and not give yourself the oppertunity to change your mind later.

Please list everything that defines and ALPHA to you. If you refuse or cannot comply I will take it as a sign of submission.
When did I start going by your flow. And when did I start caring what kind of sigh you take it as. How about you show me a list. and ill see if it fits in with my view.

Core

Fascinating...
When did I start going my your flow. And when did I start caring what kind of sigh you take it as. How about you show me a list. and ill see if it fits in with my view.

See? you dont know do you? You have a vague idea but to me it seems you are comparing an alpha to a wolf or psychopath.

And my flow never insulted your intelligence. So no you did not go by my flow.

If you cannot list the character traits, list people who are alpha's.

Like I said when did I start going by your flow. You started this conversation and then deny-ed my view of what an alpha is so your should be the one to go a step forward and create a list. You can demand all you want but You are the one who by the very nature of this conversation needs to act not me.

Core

Fascinating...
Like I said when did I start going by your flow. You started this conversation and then deny-ed my vied of what an alpha is so your should be the one to go a step forward and create a list. You can demand all you want but You are the one who by the very nature of this conversation needs to act not me.

So much for your credentials.... they just went out the window.. everything youve claimed is now gone.

You have absolutely no clue what makes a true alpha. You know the difference between dominant and submissive but hell that will only get you so far. Youve compared Alpha's to having the same traits as wolves in the wolf-sheep metaphor but have done absolutely nothing to confirm or back this up meaning you have no clue what I am asking of you.

This is where I insult your intelligence.

I am sure you have battled many people online about your beliefs and opinions and I am sure that you think that entitles you to have the arrogance and self confidence that you dont think anyone else can even be close to truth. Yes I disregarded your views because you have absolutely nothing to back them up other than your own incompetence. If you were even slightly openminded you would have seen what I have argued in its entirety did not go against you at all it merely corrected and supplemented information you did not possess.

1. An alpha is. Nothing more nothing less. They are the top of the hierarchy because they can rally people with an ungodly amount of charisma. Not from looks not from words not even from emotions. But just by moving in a direction the rest simply follows. They usually have the following character traits:
Silver tongue, Wordsmith, Disassociative body language. These are the traits you meant. But they have far more than that.
They dont require gratification. They dont require recognition. They dont even require other people. Immune to flattery. Immune to brownnosing. Extremely adaptive and highly innovative.
Why can alphas not be created through interaction? Because alphas by design are not limited by an ego questioning their every action, decision and thought. Therefore they dont care if they are right but usually have an extremely high rate of being right.
Critical thinkers above all else and experts at solving problems.

2. Think of any great man and theres an alpha below the surface. Granted i'll say this beforehand most of the people I am about to list were villanized in the end but they accomplished the impossible several times over before ever truly becoming a villain.
Napoleon, Caesar, Alexander, Charlemagne, Genghis Khan, Gandhi(yup little short dude was an alpha).
Stretching back throughout the ages there have been a few tens of thousands noteworthy ones. It is very important to note that you dont need to be an alpha to be "great" but it does make it alot easier when you dont question yourself at every move.
I would be inclined to add about 20 more names to that list but then the Hitler-Stalin-Eisenhower debates will come up. So i'll leave that as is for now. And remember you either Die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.(Anyone that accomplishes their goal becomes without a drive or a motivation and this is extremely dangerous because it leads to... them being alone with their thoughts.. Caesar who didnt give up the throne, Napoleon whose values we still uphold today inevitably let his ego grow too large for his bridges... etc

So no.. I am done with this little argument. Since you have failed to provide any theory or proof all of what you have said has been nothing but opinionated conjecture. Since you wanted me to reveal my cards first you have a better chance to attack my position since you have abandoned your original post and cant support it. I however am not in the mood to indulge someone who is completely unfamiliar with the complete list of fallacies. Since I am not your educator this is where our conversation ends.

If you do wish to continue arguing this point make a topic in the Lions den listing your exact thoughts and theories but I will no longer indulge you tonight.