Environment and Time

B StAR

2D Complex.
What is your favorite era of time and what environment do you mostly like in anime and manga?

I personally love present day time because anime makes the ordinary world into EXTRAordinary.(think Clannad and Black Lagoon)! I also dig the cyberpunk world (Ghost in the Shell) for hey, it might happen in real life :eek:

The urban sprawls that are associated with them work great for the environment for there is always something to do (school adventures or a shoot out in the city). Old school eras are a bit too historic for my taste and scenes with mountains and nature is a bit too calm for me.

Rei Ayanami

Pilot Evangelion Unit-00
Yeah, in the era and time, I agree with you.

I like urban scenarios too, but the occasional open, grassy area, mountains and stuff are good too.

Shinji Ikari

Pilot Evangelion unit-1
Yes, I agree with both Cobalt and BStAR. Present day is great, as long as the city or urban areas do not become lame. I also like settings in the past. With a little modern stuff thrown in, like Afro Samurai.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
yeah, i have no problem with the present and wouldnt really have an issue with a Ghost in the shell type era either.

I honestly couldn't care less what era/location a anime is set in. But being that most slice of life is set in modern times that's my pick I guess. Though there are still some very good SOL shows that are set in different worlds like Mushishi and Aria.

Zeta

State Alchemist
i like the future. i wana go into space and discover new lands and maybe even new life. i want to be the first to step on a planet thats not earth.

BLue-FIsh

I have muffins! =D
I like the gintama time.. It's edo time but alieans invaded so it's like a major fast forward but still keeping the old traditions and building and such and such.

I personally prefer futuristic setting(gundam, ghost in the shell, etc.)I also like feudal Japan setting since I love ninjas and samurais.

I like it more is it's based in europe and during anywhere from the 1800's down. That would be ideal. Even a completly different place is good too.

=]

But I do like modern time one too.