Firefox 4 beta 7 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergiance

403 - Permission denied
For you Firefox watchers, beta 7 has finally emerged. The interface is almost smooth as ever, the tabs slide out like nothing, and according to Mozilla, its 3-5 times faster then Firefox 3.6. That's quite a statement. After testing it myself, Aero-peek integration still has some work. It performs fine when the tabs have been loaded into the peek-buffer, I don't know what its called, so I'll just call it that, but its slow to buffer them, so there's a nice few seconds of blank Firefox peek windows. As far as testing goes, that's as far as I went. However, I do have a pretty screenshot.
Get the beta now:

I've been using it for quite a long time and the speed is amazing when compared to Opera, GC and Firefox 3.6I'm definitely using it after the final version is released.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
The last time I used a beta version of 4, it would crash on me when I was viewing manga or watching videos. Hopefully this beta version doesn't have the same problem.

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
If I'm not feeling lazy, I'll give Beta 7 a download. Like Rave, I've only used Beta 4I don't remember what it was about it, but I reeally didn't like something. I think it had something to do with the tabs. I don't remember

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
I'm testing it right now, juts for AT and youtube. Videos are being responsive, no crashes so far. My only problem so far is that the "Post" text in the quick reply box looks really cramped, so it looks a bit blurry.

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
[quote name='"Synergiance' date=' post: 15626"']I just want the status bar back[/quote]WTF...I didn't even notice that was gone >_<That better make a comeback. I will be upset.

I dont like the beta Fox, it freezes for me when ever i go on a website that has a lot of flash applications and java apps. The layout is nice tho and the speed is much better.

well i'm using it too even though i think it's the full version now (not sure wasn't paying attention while installing :tongue: )looks a bit better agreed but being 3-5 times faster is an exageration.at least for mei tend to use safari from time to time aswell

Darkchao45

No More Heroes
Staff member
Well, the official FF4 has been out for a while, i have a complaint about it and would like some input I can't seem to find when googling...So I close the browser, open it, last page i was in pops up. Why? FF is set to open homepage, yet this still persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.