For All Lovers of Asian Cinema.

noex1337

Emmie was here
[quote name='ZERO PHOENIX']Yeah, Kill Bill and Ninja Assassin were American movies. As far as ninja go the Wachowski brothers don't know anything outside of raping the culture. [SLAM!] If you want a real ninja movie check out Shinobi: Heart Under the Blade. It's heavily based on the manga Basilisk which is also more in line with the true shinobi.

Also, there is a series of movies simply called Shinobi which star Kenji Matsuda. This thing was so low budget but it captured what shinobi was, how shinobi lived, how they fought, and how they died. When I saw the first ten minutes I was like, I can't watch this, it's so cheap. But this is actually one of the best damn ninja flicks you'll find anywhere.

Best action movie I've seen from Asia is VERSUS without a doubt. This thing is like two and half-hours of fist fights, gun battles, sword fights, and good ole mafia vs zombies beatdown.

Check out my man Tak Sakaguchi (badass longcoat).[/QUOTE]

Hey, Ninja assassin was badass. And the best asian movie I've seen is without a doubt "5 deadly venoms"

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Does House of Blade and Silver Hawk counts?

Actually, I saw this one time a horror film. It's about a girl(boy, can't remember) who commits suicide, by jumping from the apartment, right in front of her friends - and the rest of the friends starts doing the same, until one of them figures out why they do it.

I forget the name, and if you remind me of it, it will be appreciated.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='moi']I've seen Lady Vengeance, that movie was so awesome. Saw another one (that's in the same series I think?) called Oldboy.[/QUOTE]

Yay! I like your taste in films, moi~

[quote name='Biomega']Does House of Blade and Silver Hawk counts?

Actually, I saw this one time a horror film. It's about a girl(boy, can't remember) who commits suicide, by jumping from the apartment, right in front of her friends - and the rest of the friends starts doing the same, until one of them figures out why they do it.

I forget the name, and if you remind me of it, it will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It probably isnt it, but it reminds me an awful lot of Suicide Club.....

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='insane-azn']It probably isnt it, but it reminds me an awful lot of Suicide Club.....[/quote][quote name='noex1337']I read a manga like that though. It was called Alive: The Final Evolution.[/quote]

Found it! It's called Apartment 1303 - really good film, if you tell me. It's a shame there aren't that many J-Horror out on T.V or in Cinema now a days.

The Man From Nowhere. I want more action movies like that D=

Death Bell. It'll make you study. o.o

Shutter. It is scary.

I don't really watch a lot of asian movies, but I think these are some good ones that you people haven't mentioned yet.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='insane-azn']Biomega, you should check out yoututbe, a lot of great stuff there :)[/QUOTE]1) Not having a good speed for video streaming.

2) Youtube - either incomplete, in hundred parts, low quality.

But don't worry, I have bookmarked several film hosting sites, it's just I have to wait 2 hours just to see half of the film(in low-quality, too). :cry2:

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='insane-azn']FYI suicide club is on YouTube, and I'd really recommend it :D

@dessert I heard shutter is good. Do you know where we can watch it?[/QUOTE]

Shutter and Suicide Club are now on my to watch list.

Now, Asian Action Films Question:

Why do all Asian gangsters have to wear monograms or dragons as tattoos? And, why do they shout(Akkkeeeeeeee~!) when they run with knives after the hero? And, do Asian really have more than 20 pints of blood(that's what I have learned from Asian Slasher films) ?

[quote name='insane-azn']

@dessert I heard shutter is good. Do you know where we can watch it?[/QUOTE]

No idea at all. I torrented it and watched it with some people.

Tale of Two Sisters is good as well. but very confusing.

and @bio's q: No idea at all. O.O

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='Biomega']Why do all Asian gangsters have to wear monograms or dragons as tattoos? And, why do they shout(Akkkeeeeeeee~!) when they run with knives after the hero? And, do Asian really have more than 20 pints of blood(that's what I have learned from Asian Slasher films) ?[/QUOTE]

So true! This made me LOL

But the tattoos are based on real life, cos I hear they actually do that, and some even represent their clan or something like that

Also the blood thing is pretty damn unrealistic, I'll give you that