Forum Tutorial, or rather, What Does This Shiny Button Do?

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
User Tagging let's you automatically notify a person that they were mentioned. It helps when you want a certain someone to read what you wrote, make them reply, or just for plain old activity.

It's also very easy to use:

[SPOILERA]
  • Type your post.
  • In front of the name of your addressee type @, for example [MENTION=2]Emeralda[/MENTION]. If done right, the name will turn into a hyperlink to the profile.
  • The interested party will be, like, "WTF?" when they receive a notification, but will reply anyway.
  • They will be really happy to be pestered like that, trust me~
[/SPOILERA]

Quick Quoting allows for faster selective quoting without the need to use a separate page. It's implemented and working well with quick replies on all skins.

To quick quote:

[SPOILERA=How To]
  1. Highlight user's post or a part of it by holding the left mouse button.
  2. Click Quick Quote for the text to magically appear in Quick Reply box with proper quote tags.
  3. ????
  4. PROFIT!!!
[/SPOILERA][spoilera=Screenshot]
[/spoilera]

To quote with Reply with Quote:

[SPOILERA=Reply with Quote]
  1. Click Reply with Quote (Konata Extreme & LifeStyle skins, Notepad for Blue & Orange, PEncil for Blackstealth)
  2. You will be moved to Quick reply box. Don't worry, the quoted message isn't there, but when you reply, it will be shown.
  3. Check the Quote message in reply? box and post.
[/SPOILERA]

PS. It is now possible to quote messages in social groups.

Fast Image Posting with Add image to post function lets you instantly upload any image from your computer to a free file hoster and receive a BBcode with embedded IMG tags. You can safely remove the URL tag from the result.

To upload and post an image:

[SPOILERA=How To]
  • Click Add image to post below your editor, all skins are supported.
  • In the new window that appears, chose the image you want to upload and chose whether it's Family Safe or does it contain Adult Content.
  • If the image is too large, I'd advice to keep the url tags as well, since the result will be a miniature with a link to the full size image.
  • ????
  • Wait, where's my profit?!
[/SPOILERA]

Reply All is a nifty little button in your Private Messages window. If more people were the receivers of a given PM, with a magical click of a button all of them will chosen as recipients of your message as well, not only the person who have sent you the message.

[SPOILERA=How To]
  • While reading a private message, click Reply All.
  • Write something stupid like always.
  • ????
  • This is becoming an old joke, isn't it?
[/SPOILERA]

Named Spoilers are now in. And boy, are they hawt or what? Fully animated button made of win that you can name to your wildest desires~ But let's cut the chase and see what's in store:

1. Normal spoiler code is: [noparse]
[/noparse]
Your Text[noparse]
[/noparse]
2. Special spoiler with titles requires equation mark, as in: [noparse]
[/noparse]
Your Text[noparse]
[/noparse]
3. Not much else to say /sademmie
[sigspoiler=Big nasty spoilers]1. Normal code: [noparse][sigspoiler][/noparse]Your Text[noparse][/sigspoiler][/noparse]
2. With title: [noparse][sigspoiler=Your Title][/noparse]Your Text[noparse][/sigspoiler][/noparse]
3. Because there are awkward people would might like these.[/sigspoiler]

Music in your Profile! allow you to play your favourite song as an mp3 in your profile. Share it with the world! Or at least the forum.

[SPOILERA=How To]
  • Go to your User CP > Edit Your Details > My music
  • Enter a full url of your desired MP3 file, with proper extension
  • The mp3 needs to be on a server that allows direct linking, for example > Dropbox < or > Kiwi6 <, or even > G2's very own file hoster <
  • Whenever someone views your profile, they will be trolled with whatever you selected, rawr~
[/SPOILERA]

Default Fonts, Colours and Sizes will let you set, surprise surprise, default fonts, colours and sizes of fonts you use in your posts!

[SPOILERA=How To]
  • Go to your User CP
  • Edit Options
  • There scroll down to Miscellaneous Options
  • Change the Default Text Formatting Settings to your liking. Remember that it's optional and it's best to use default style anyway.
[/SPOILERA]

Autoresize Images according to your whims. Because it would be evil of me if I didn't give you a choice, right? By default, if an image is wider than 800 pixels, it will be reduced and give you a little bar on top to revert it back to the original size. In you User CP you can freely change the max height or width, or even completely change or disable this mod. How you ask?

[SPOILERA=How To]
  • Go to your User CP
  • Edit Options
  • There scroll down to Thread Display Options
  • The proper options start with "This forum automatically resizes images which are too large. Please choose here how you would like to view the enlarged images."
[/SPOILERA]

Media Players and funny videos are a way of life. Shame we can't live on those alone >.>

• Youtube; the final ID code component needs to be insterted, for example - youtube.com/watch?v=QvW90ifsnvo. Code:
    Code:
    [ youtube]QvW90ifsnvo[ /youtube]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [youtube]QvW90ifsnvo[/youtube]​
    [/spoilera]
  • College Humour videos; you need to insert the numbers ID code that you see in the url of the video, for example collegehumor.com/video/6478802/troopers-space-improv. code:
    Code:
    [ ch]6478802[ /ch]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [ch]6478802[/ch]​
    [/spoilera]
  • Daily Motion; yeah, they do exist, and have very annoying videos. To get the code, the short code is in the url, just like with Youtube or College Humour. Code:
    Code:
    [ dm]x3pnjk[ /dm]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [dm]x3pnjk[/dm]​
    [/spoilera]
  • Blip TV; requires a special ID code that is not in the URL, but could be obtained from clicking the embed or share buttons. Code:
    Code:
    [ blip]gbk7grTpSAI[ /blip]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [blip]gbk7grTpSAI[/blip]​
    [/spoilera]
  • 4shared Music and Video files code is installed, but requires taking the ID code from the "embed" link on the site, for example - 4shared.com/embed/44261287/ef25097. Code:
    Code:
    [ 4shared]44261287/ef25097[ /4shared]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [4shared]44261287/ef25097[/4shared]​
    [/spoilera]
  • Veoh player, not much to add, inferior to youtube - http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20956281QMAZRyTY. Code:
    Code:
    [ veoh]v20956281QMAZRyTY[ /veoh]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [veoh]v20956281QMAZRyTY[/veoh]​
    [/spoilera]
  • IGN videos; yeah, you can tell I was bored? Well, you'll need to enter the url address of the video, like this: "http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/04/27/game-scoop-tv-why-the-psn-is-down." Code:
    Code:
    [ ign]http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/04/27/game-scoop-tv-why-the-psn-is-down[ /ign]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [ign]http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/04/27/game-scoop-tv-why-the-psn-is-down[/ign]​
    [/spoilera]
  • Onion News, because they had an embed code and I demand you post them to not waste my efforts; what's need is the ID code from the url [noparse]http://www.theonion.com/video/report-economy-failing-because-us-built-on-ancient,[/noparse]20638[noparse]/[/noparse]. Code:
    Code:
    [ onion]20638[ /onion]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [onion]20638[/onion]​
    [/spoilera]
  • Viddler... you know what, screw it, I have no idea what they are up to, but you need the code from share > embed for it to work - http://www.viddler.com/player/b6a18137. Code:
    Code:
    [ viddler]43fc710[ /viddler]
    [spoilera=Example Video]
    [viddler]43fc710[/viddler]​
    [/spoilera]
  • MP3's player was a biash to make. I mean, why are they harder to implement than even such Youtube? Sigh, anyway:
    Code:
    [ mp3]http://muffin.g2anime.net/Emmie/Beyonce.mp3[ /mp3]
    [spoilera=Example Song]
    [mp3]http://muffin.g2anime.net/Emmie/Beyonce.mp3[/mp3]​
    [/spoilera]
  • More will be added when people propose something or I have such a whim.

Random BBcodes

• Horizontal line: [spoilera=Info][noparse][hr][/hr][/noparse]
    [hr][/hr][/spoilera]
  • Tab function for paragraphs: [spoilera=Info][noparse][tab][/noparse]35[noparse][/tab][/noparse]
    Example:
    [tab]35[/tab]The data between the TAB tags must be numerical or it won't work. Other than that not much to say, so blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah cupcakes.
    [tab]90[/tab]This one uses 90 as a paramater, so it will be larger. A good value is 35 for a standard tab.[/spoilera]
  • Not parsing BBcode in posts: [spoilera=Info][noparse][noparse][/noparse][noparse][/noparse]Your Code[noparse][/noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse][/spoilera]
  • Text Typer: [spoilera=Info][noparse][typer][/noparse]Your Text[noparse][/typer][/noparse]
    [typer]Example text. Well, just remember that it doesn't work well with multiple Typer tags on the same page and that it needs loading.[/typer]
    [/spoilera]
  • Rainbow Text: [spoilera=Info][noparse][rainbow][/noparse]Your Text[noparse][/rainbow][/noparse]
    [rainbow]The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question concerning the purpose and significance of life or existence in general, which equals 42.[/rainbow]

Do note that this is an advanced java script, and it requires reloading the page to work if you have made a post or edit using Live Post function.
    [/spoilera]

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
The signature limit is there no more. I removed it so you could use your spoilers, but if I see a single sig that goes over 300px, I'm bringing it back.