Gender Issues: Love

B StAR

2D Complex.
I remember I used to have this friend who was a really good guy. Friendly, nice, good sense of humor, smart, and a happy one, but he had a problem. He was afraid of girls!!! One day I was talking to him and suddenly he ran off screaming like a chicken on crack! I looked around to see what was the problem, but it was just an average-looking girl walking down the hallway. "I guess I'll never find a girl," he said later.

That brought me issues to consider: When it comes to love, which gender is more so the "winner"? Who's fault is it that we have obey certain "rules" (such as the boy asking out the girl instead of vice-versa)? Does that mean the people who is deviant from the "rules" are the ones to suffer the consequences?

LoneWolf367

Thizzin' on Rizon
Edit: I have no idea if I answered the question at all or if I just went on a rant...

Dating dynamics are a pretty interesting topic and the interaction between humans is indefinately complex.

Classically it is definately the male role to be "dominant." And that means confidence, women love guys with confidence and if you lack it, you better either find some or be good at bluffing or you're in for a ruff ride.

I do think that the guy should be the one to lay down the boundries though in any relationship right off the bat and probably should be the one to step up and ask a girl on a date and take the chance of rejection. Women can give off so many mixed signals (even if you don't think you do ladies, you just do, and you have a language of your own that us guys won't ever quite understand) so you never know until you try!

And also, I see alot of young people (my age and younger) totally like obsessed with finding "the one" or dating. The dating game is a total scam that our culture is obsessed with. For a while in my life I was out messing around with a few girls every weekend. Now I've chilled and I'm not actively looking, just sitting back waiting. The right person will come along when your time is there so there's no point in stressing or worrying about that stuff, doing so will only make you make stupid and irrational choices.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
hmm... i think these things are etched into our minds as the "normal" things and the average person wants to be considered "normal". but in the end what is "normal"? personally, i think "normal" is what you make it so those who deviate won't suffer the consequences if they wait for the right person. when they come you'll somehow know it.

Hmmm.. the problem is kinda confusing but what I can say is there is no such thing as who is the winner when it comes to this topic. There will come a time that your friend will find the girl that’s totally different from him (i.e. perspectives in life) but a perfect match. You’re friend is just shy when it comes to women but I think he must overcome that fear if he really want to go out with a girl that he likes or just wait for a straight forward girl who will ask him out There’s also no such thing as rules in love, people just create it.

Shi-chan

__--ρєяƒє¢т ρяιη¢єѕѕ--__
i think it differs... noone really is the winner (even though i think girls are ..xD~~)
and i dont really know why boys have to ask girls out (even though i prefer that)
there are cases where a girl asks a boy out ... and it isnt really a rule ..=/
to suffer consecuences sounds hard...
i would say ... hmm
maybe its harder for them to find a partner (not in all cases there are special cases)
you can compensate the "being deviant from the rules" with other skills/character traits or anything .. uhh well yea...=)
actually both genders are hopeless if it is about love ...
its just the way of hopelessness that differs xD~~ (true)

I'm pretty sure girls are the winners of the socially normal asking out dynamics, since its up to the guys to pluck up the courage at times, i remember those days well, all flustered and sweating XD, but i'll agree with shi-chan when it comes to love both guys band girls are hopeless but i guess that's what makes love interesting, the awkward feeling between the guy and girl. I don't really think there are consequences, love is more like a wild stallion: no rules bind it.