Intel or/vs AMD Processor

Intel vs AMD

• Total voters
Which one do you guys prefer? I think Intel since intel has duel core and quad core now lol... I heard amd coming out with a strong chip but I dont think it will even beat the intel new chips. What happen to AMD!!! They use to lead all the damn time, now its like what happen to them. So I guess Ill pick intel T.T

AMD ofc they have some good platforms right now, i have made for my client hd media center capable computer for 198USD (582,83PLN) + 259USD (789PLN) for FULL HD Sharp 42' refurbished TV, intel dont have something like this :-(

spec:

Athelon II x2 240

Asrock A790GMH (onebord radeon 4200HD, 6.1 sound,hdmi,e-sata ,gigabyte ethernet)

2GB ddr2 667mhz oem

160GB hdd samsung sata 1.0 :(

MniATX case 300W

Remote control/touch pad (like in laptops)

wirless keyboard

its good configuration for that money :)

tested games(720p):

quake 1-3 ok

hitman blood money playable up to 1200x800!!!

quake 4 (1024)

half life 1 ok

half life 2 (1024)

age of empires 3 (1200x800)

civilization 4 ok

sims 2 (1024?)

sims 3 not playable?

pure (1024)

pain killer ok

spore ok

prototype (hack 800z600, ugly)

WOW ok

NFS carbon/most wanted ok

Turok 3 ok

fallout 3 (1200x800 low/medium)

I like to support AMD but if I were to build a new system I would use an Intel chip.

Also as to what happened to AMD Core2 is what happened. basically Pentium 3s were an overall Superior chip to all other chips including the Pentium 4 and all the AMD chips. The problem was that Intel couldn't figure out how to push the chip past about 2Ghz so they came out with the P4 which they could though if 2 of the chips were compared with equal clocks the P3 would win. This is important to know to understand why the Core 2 annihilates any of the new core2s for the most part. Its because Core 2s essentially are 2-4 P3 architecture chips which they figured out how to clock faster which is where AMD got killed since they haven't.

Though in truth if you want to do overclocking AMD chips are better for high end clocking because they remain more stable.

im not saying that amd processors are better, they arent. Amd has changed target and now they are makeing low end or professional solutions only, just like VIA in the past, but in the end amd will fall, its time for new players.

@Manorexia you have right but its not exactly as you say, in epoch of first athelon's amd had in its hand most powerfull units, athelons was better not becouse of their clock speed but superior architectur, Amd was using k10 architecture for over 5 yers this was big misteake intel first developed fantastic pentium D based on pentium pro architecture and 2 years leater core2. so as u can see c2d is child to pentium d not to pentium 3... i have skiped core duo becouse of its weakness it's poor cpu