*** KMPlayer RMVB Codec Fix ***

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
By default, KMPlayer does not come with Codecs for RMVB files. They can't, because it would be illegal.I'm unaware if this problem is only on Windows 7, but it is definitely a problem.Even installing the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack doesn't fully fix the problem. The video can be seen, but there is no audio.The fix involves acquiring the Codecs Real Player uses. This can only be done by installing the horrible software, and taking the codecs. Unfortunately, the current version of The KMPlayer is not compatible with the current Real codecs. Or something like that.The fix involves taking the Real codecs from "MPlayer", a Linux movie player. To save any users the hassle of searching for a solution that wont work, and installing a bunch of unnecessary software, I have archived all the necessary codecs.Just download and extract all codecs to the root directory of your KMPlayer install.By default, the directory is:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The KMPlayer
View attachment 2 Extract all codecs to that folder and you'll be all set! :DEnjoy watching RMVB files on the awesome KMPlayer.

the newer version of K-Lite Codec doesn't seem have the right stuff.... it's like you said no audio... and sometimes the program crashed... corrct me if i'm wrong but it seems that older version of K-Lite Codec pack can play rmvb files...

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
I honestly don't remember. All I do know is that the attached codecs, extracted to the root directory of your KMP install will indeed play RMVB files.

KMplayer official has some problems.. but if u get The KMPlayer 2.9.4.1435 (DXVA+CUDA) MULTI It can Run smoothly its a freeware and is an unofficial Russian build.. Its usually in 3xMB or 2X but it contains customs fix and new added feature and supports even Enhance audio plugins

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
It's not really a problem with KMPlayer. The KMP team can't legally include the Real codecs, because Real gets their panties in a bunch when people don't use their terrible media player. (like crApple)So that also means that K-Lite can't legally include them either. That's why you've got to acquire them yourself. I believe I found these in a Linux media player called "MPlayer". It was too long ago.

Hi Zero Knight, millions thanks for the upload, I was searching high and low in the KMplayer forums and all the topics was to install Real alternative, was going to give up watching rmvb files when I came upon chance on your files upload and voila it works perfectly! But theres one problem with Windows 7 though, the video images seem to be lousier than my previous XP setup even though I'm pretty sure that my Windows 7 system can run it pretty well, I have even change the renderer in KMplayer to EVR (slightly better but not asw good as when I watch on my XP setup). Any tips on this?Once again thanks for the upload, you saved my day.