Manga Stereotypes

You know what I noticed?

Every manga is the same. -_-'

Well... not every manga, but enough of them for the whole thing to start getting a little boring.

I mean with every shonen, for example there is always the following:

Head-strong Hero: He acts before he thinks, and is not the usually the best strategist. He's strong, but his enemies are lightyears ahead of him.

Damsel In Distress: There is always one or two key women in manga that always have to get saved because they continue to associate with Fight-Frenzied Guys.

Next-Best-Thing: This is usually the hero's best friend. This is the guy who gets his ass beaten if the hero does not. Sure he's strong in his own right, but it's never quite enough.

What do you guys think? If you could make a manga, what would you bring to the table that hasn't been done before? Are there any manga cliches you're sick of?

I've read around 20 or so different manga and I haven't come across any noticeable clich?s yet.

Though actually Hayate no Gotoku does fit into the clich?s you stated above. But it parodies clich?s on purpose for humor.

Maybe you just read too much shounen?

Last edited:

Aori

Evil Extraordinaire
That's true, for once...

In almost every manga where there's a male lead, he tends to be cocky, dopey somewhat, and always happen survive when everything else die.

Unoriginal, definitely.