Marijuana

Ahh..One of the most remarkable plant in the world and yet its illegal.It's no diffrent from beer,they both cause memory losses,Death,loss of motor coordination,Slows down body,also make attention span shorter etc.
Oh yeah dont forget Cancer.
One of the reason crime is so high now and days is because of drugs and w.e.
Maybe if america allow Marijuana the world will probally be a better place,thats my oppion it would stop drug dealers,put them out of business.

So what do you think america should allow Marijuana or not?Or atleast give a statement why they didnt legalized it.

it should be illegal for yes the reason mchipp stated but also Marijuana has been found to be a lot more harmful then beer or cigarettes (and don't say why don't they ban cigarettes to because my home town is) plus also America is trying to be the new Britain, even though Japan seems to have that title right now with technology

Archangel

if you wuld have talk to me 3 years ago i would say yeah it should be legal but now that im older and wiser i relize it should stay illegal. Once you get your mind right you understand certian thing that you wouldnt before exp once you see your freinds get caught by the law then you get caught , then your family finds out then you ask yourself was the drama worth it. but yet agian what works for me might not work for you so i respect it.

Agreed with anybody who says no. Drugs in general are stupid, no benefits, some have benefits but the problems outweigh them. Alcohol is okay if used in moderation, and a few drinks now and then is okay as long as you aren't alcoholic.

i was never really ok with drugs so i would say that they are no good because, it really is no point in smoking that stuff if you are wrecking your body. plus if you want to wreck your body just go jump of a bridg or play with a grenade. -_-

Marijuana is extremely addictive and people who has used it could not stop even ending up doing things that they should not do such as stealing, and in worse case senario, even killing other people just so that they'll have the money to buy this stuff. That is why it is illegal!

Swiss

function Swiss()
Well I'm glad this topic was posted. I live where marijuana is an everyday issue, although it is illegal, it is only illegal to some people. Rastafarians smoke because it's a part of their religion. Here u can just dred your hair to look like a rastafarian and smoke. The police can't lock them up because it's apart of their culture. Even though u have alot of people who are not apart of this religion who smoke whenever they want. I have friends who smoke marijuana, heck! even my stepfather smokes it, but guess what, the police can't lock him up because he was once a rastafarian and although he shaved his head he believes he is still a rastafarian. But in any case I believe any type of smoking is wrong. It kills, It hurts the ones u love, and it messes with your mind.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ko_kid @ 2-4-2007 @ 4:31 PM) [snapback]2272[/snapback]</div>
only reason its illegal because the government cant tax it because we can just grow it on our own[/b]
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say you smoke it/know people that smoke it, and are mad that is illegal.

Yes, I'm purposely being an ass...cause I can.

I don't really get what you just said Nori, but to tell everybody, if it was made legal, sales would just spike. And it isn't just about the money. I don't know if you agree with me or not, but America has a history of abusing things. I don't think we should add Marijuana to the list.

Archangel

If Marijuana some how became legal (it wont happen) it would sell like crazy . The only reason why i say that is because peoples opinions will change cuz its no longer a drug .Since it would no longer be a drug and its legal it would sell. But my question is whats this bullshit about it not being legal cuz of taxes. If you haddent notice theres almost taxes on everything. The gov. would find away to tax it and make money off it. If anything it would help the gov. if it was legal cuz people would be hooked and wont stop buying just like beer and ciggs. and that means more money to them. I believe it would sell just as much as beer or ciggs. or maybe even more (there both over billion dollars industries) why would taxes stop the gov. The only reason why its not legal is becuase they dont want to see half of america baked out. Also if it was legal then people would start asking why isnt coke legal or some other drug legal . I know your thinking it would never happen but it will where greedy by human nature. You ever hear the saying you give the devil a inch and he will take a whole mile from you. As someone who used to smoke i ll tell ya that the high wont work for ever thats why you alway try to find better budd to get back the high. If it was legal it would hert use more then it would help and believe me its not cuz of money.I know yal are thinking about how Amsterdam and how they pull it off but we aint amsterdam. We live in the US one of the world most powerful yet corrupt nations in the world if you havent notce as Americans we view the world completely different cuz of our freedom. If you dont believe sit down with someone who coming to our country for the first time and talk to them about the world then you will understand. Yet you want to compare the US to Amsterdam its like a bad joke come on people get your mind right. If you want to smoke then smoke its all on you but im sorry to say it but it wont be legal . Theres way to many problem in the world to worry about weed it wouldnt even make it to congress. The only way i can see it coming close is if we have 20 to 30 years of peace and the gov got nothin better to do.

Just to let you know all this is IMO if i offended you im sorry

All of you are so wrong. First off, smoking marijuana IS NOT addictive. There is NO addictive ingredient in marijuana. It might become a habit, but there is nothing in marijuana that can be an addictive substance. Second off, it DOES NOT cause cancer. Don't believe me? read my source. And trust me, that is not the only study that has been done about a cancer connection to marijuana, which none exists.

I saw that one smart person stated that the US cannot sell marijuana is because it can't be taxed, this is true. We would've already seen pot on the market if you weren't able to grow it in your own backyard.

It is the same as beer, maybe more like alcohol to be exact, but nonetheless there is nothing so bad about marijuana that should have everyone freaking out like they do. Who the hell cares?

And yes, I do occasionally smoke pot, I can admit that. Though I don't do it as often now that I am on probation. But look at me, do I seem retarded or mentally impaired? No.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superbond2 @ May 17, 2007, 6:35 PM) [snapback]7083[/snapback]</div>
legalizinng marijuana would be very positive. the US could tax it, it would have the same restrictions as alcohol. it could honestly only help.[/b]
The problem is that, the US can't tax it because they can't control it. Which is exactly why it's illegal.

First off - Yes, I do smoke Marijuana, have for quite a while. Judge me if you want to, don't care.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
It's no diffrent from beer,they both cause memory losses,Death,loss of motor coordination,Slows down body,also make attention span shorter etc.
Oh yeah dont forget Cancer.[/b]
Actually, it is quite a bit different than beer... Beer can become a "disease."

Memory loss w/ Mary Jane? Mine actually improves. Half a joint before I go to my classes *college*, spray some axe body spray, no one knows as long as you know how to control yourself.

Death? Death from smoking Marijuana... If you actually go study a bit... You'll find that there has never, in the history of marijuana, been a recorded death that has been caused by marijuana. Need some proof? Go watch: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Penn and Teller's Bullshit Season 2 - War on Drugs[/b]
Loss of motor skills... Yeah... That is a problem, I generally move slower when I've smoked a doob or three... But I pay more attention than I normally do while I'm on it... If you're saying that it causes car accidents and therefore contributes to killing people, sure, I can believe that... But Marijuana didn't physically kill them, only contributed to it.

Short attention spans are bad? I've generally noticed that if someone has a short attention span, it's generally because they're bored... Hell, start a decent intelligent conversation with me when I'm stoned and I'll talk and listen till you're wanting to choke me... Talk about something boring, and I'll drift off into lala land... *Whether I'm stoned or not*

Cancer? hmm... Gunna copy and paste this one and replace "Death" with "Cancer": Cancer? Cancer from smoking Marijuana... If you actually go study a bit... You'll find that there has never, in the history of marijuana, been a recorded case of cancer that has been caused by marijuana. Need some proof? Go watch: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Penn and Teller's Bullshit Season 2 - War on Drugs[/b]

Marijuana has been found to be a lot more harmful then beer or cigarettes[/b]
I'd like to see proof of that if you can, PM or message me on messengers

Drugs in general are stupid, no benefits, some have benefits but the problems outweigh them.[/b]
In the episode of Penn and Teller's Bullshit that I said to watch up there, a doctor and his wife's child was diagnosed with cancer... The chemotherapy was making him sick, weak, tired... all that stuff... The mother and father did some research, got the kid some marijuana, and let him smoke before and after he went into chemo; soon after, their son was asking to get food right after his chemo session was finished. He stopped puking, he had energy again etc etc. That seems like a good enough benefit to to me.

Granted there are a lot of problems with smoking MJ, not arguing that their aren't, just that not all the problems outweigh the benefits.