Muffin Standard Time (MST)

Well, lately we've had more and more events appearing which need members to be online at a specific time or to do something by a specific time (eg. SOTW, Emmie's poker), so I was wondering: Why don't we officialize a standard time for the site and forum? That way we won't have confusions over GMT and stuff, and we'll be able to make event dates and times clearer.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Shouldn't it be up to the organizer of said events to make it clear? Just write your timezone as GMT (+/-)#
If members can't figure it out themselves, Google is there for them. If they can't even do that much, I don't know what can help them at that point.

Also - This will just confuse the shit out of new members who see "MST" as a time label. It is much safer to just go with the classic, clearly defined GMT (+/-)#

VivaLaDementia said:
Shouldn't it be up to the organizer of said events to make it clear? Just write your timezone as GMT (+/-)#
If members can't figure it out themselves, Google is there for them. If they can't even do that much, I don't know what can help them at that point.

Also - This will just confuse the shit out of new members who see "MST" as a time label. It is much safer to just go with the classic, clearly defined GMT (+/-)#
Yes, but it's more convenient if all timings followed standardized time. And MC has many confusing things already. New members just have to go to the newbie guide thread to see what GMT+ MST is and then follow it from there.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
But it honestly feels like your making this up for nothing, as in the only thing I see this as is a way to help lazy people who can't figure out basic time conversions. Even more so in a way that is a bit more complex for most new members to pick up on, when there is no need for it. However, lets see what others have to say.

Canabary

Administrator
So basically you want a second clock called something like Muffin Central Time under the "real" clock that shows the server time (GMT+1)?

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
There are just some things I have never expected to see. But meh, I don't mind if Cana were to make the code on a separate page and I could just link it to it.