My comp takes to...

Ok 1st it sayes page not found then its sayes thank you for useing startnow and then takes me to ebay.Is this adware and if so what is a good progarm to use to remove it?

Nori

It sounds like adware, from your description, but it could also be a virus. So firstly do you have a virus program, if you don't I suggest Nortons AntiVirus (it's not free). If you already have virus software then a good program for adware/spyware is Ad-Aware (it's free).

Archangel

Yeah no doubt that is adware hmmmmm I dont know any good programs but check download.com for one ( they got everything and its free)

Krahe

Full of bees
Ad-Aware is good. I also use Spybot - Search and Destroy.

As for free anti-virus programs, I use AVG Free Anti-Virus.

Nori

Nice. Hmm this thread should become the official, "My Computer is Acting Like a Piece of Shit, What Should I Do?" thread.

Entombment

Haha. I suppose you could call it that

Glad you fixed your computer though. Personally, when I used Window$, I used NOD32. Best there is ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krahe @ April 12, 2007, 12:06 AM) [snapback]5784[/snapback]</div>
Ad-Aware is good. I also use Spybot - Search and Destroy.

As for free anti-virus programs, I use AVG Free Anti-Virus.[/b]
Pretty much what I was gonna say.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
^^, Hope do i install ram on my computer?? I'm having lagy problems and slow internet >_< and i bought some but have no clue how to put it in..[/b]

before doing anything check for spywares/adware and viruses. do diskclean up then defrag.
that should minimize some lagy problems.