Questions, Suggestions and Improvement Ideas for TI, HSL, HSD and SEB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist

PANDORA

Feel free to let us know for any questions, suggestions and improvement ideas, we appreciate them very much.

Update #001

1. Infinite Duress has been renamed Terra Incognita.

2. All discussions will be moved to Hic Sunt Leones (HSL) forum.

3. A debate competition will be launched very soon.

4. Any promotional ideas is greatly welcomed.

Update #002

1. Debate competition is officially launched;

HSD #001 Thesis Recommendation

Update #003

1. HSD Guidelines and Regulations has been updated, emphasizing the fact that one can and should be able to vote for oneself.

2. Users are now able to vote for thesis proposals separately.

HSD #001 Thesis Voting

Update #004

1. HSD Guidelines and Regulations has been updated, the best debater and critic will now be receiving Order of the Dragon and Lion Crests plus 1,000 Gil each.

Update #005

1. Some minor updates for Crests.

Note:

Painting source: http://www.manchestergalleries.org/...SESSID=024dc635ebf3b49f6b21a92aadd51f44&irn=8

Discussion of the Week nyah, an planned discussion every etc Friday at a certain time (pre-selected time zone) where you discuss a important thing that happened this week in the world :3

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='Avan Onee-chan']Discussion of the Week nyah, an planned discussion every etc Friday at a certain time (pre-selected time zone) where you discuss a important thing that happened this week in the world :3[/QUOTE]

Time Zone differences may be problematic here.

Discussion if the Week sounds very good, but I'm not sure we are able to achieve that with our current numbers.

[quote name='Archerguy']I think debate of the week quite good too

but well I feels some1 would get offended everyweek ~_~

maybe if we can have somekind of system[/QUOTE]

HSD is the equivalent.

If anyone has good ideas on how the mechanism should work, feel free to let me know.

Voltorn

Enjoying life
[quote name='Kaiser Chicken Imperial Flu']Time Zone differences may be problematic here.

Discussion if the Week sounds very good, but I'm not sure we are able to achieve that with our current numbers.[/QUOTE]

Just forget about the time zone. People just need to discuss about the recent news. That's all, right? ^^

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='Voltorn']Just forget about the time zone. People just need to discuss about the recent news. That's all, right? ^^[/QUOTE]

Please explain how the mechanism work.

And how it differ from just opening a thread in here.

[quote name='Graham Aker']question. what is HSD?[/QUOTE]

Hic Sunt Dracones, meaning; Here be Dragons.

Voltorn

Enjoying life
[quote name='Kaiser Chicken Imperial Flu']Please explain how the mechanism work.

And how it differ from just opening a thread in here.[/QUOTE]

lol

The mechanism wouldn't be much different because as you just said, it's would be troublesome to make multiple threads based on the time zones since there aren't much people to moderate or keep them all alive. What differ the thread from the others are the topic and time limit. Discussion of the week lasts for a week, right? xD

Jimzy

So when will this start?

Argh. I was planning to put a debate thread that I'm hoping to last forever. I mean, be stickied.

Well, the title will be too broad, but the main topic per week will be very specific. But now that you put a contest, I guess I won't put it now. XD

How does this works btw?

<---Obviously not reading.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='Johnzy']So when will this start?[/QUOTE]

I try tomorrow at late, at the same time as my promotion to Coffeehouse dweller.

Right now, I'm just waiting for MW's Order of the Dragon Crest trophy while tweaking the forum.

[quote name='Johnzy']Argh. I was planning to put a debate thread that I'm hoping to last forever. I mean, be stickied.

Well, the title will be too broad, but the main topic per week will be very specific. But now that you put a contest, I guess I won't put it now. XD
[/QUOTE]

It is always best to be specific.

[quote name='Johnzy']How does this works btw?

<---Obviously not reading.
[/QUOTE]

I have not officially put out the thread yet, but it works like this;

http://muffin.mangatreat.com/showthread.php?p=51473#post51473

I would like to recommend that Thesis Recommendations follow a standard format, to avoid confusion. The format I'm thinking of is this:

"This house posits that _____________________________"

Where the blank is replaced by your statement of argument, such as "modern warfare requires more skill than ancient warfare".

Through that, we can clearly define which sides the proposition and oppositions are on from the onset, thus reducing confusion.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='Hadriel']I would like to recommend that Thesis Recommendations follow a standard format, to avoid confusion. The format I'm thinking of is this:

"This house posits that _____________________________"

Where the blank is replaced by your statement of argument, such as "modern warfare requires more skill than ancient warfare".

Through that, we can clearly define which sides the proposition and oppositions are on from the onset, thus reducing confusion.
[/QUOTE]

Good idea, I was thinking the same as well, but for the premier competition, I try to avoid complicating the new users first.

Would you agree with me if we try this format on the second round of HSD competition? If yes, don't forget to remind me - just in case.

Add Update #004 on the front page.

noex1337

Emmie was here
I think that format would be to formal and a bit of a turnoff. I understand that you don't want this to turn out like the coffeehouse did, but I think is should still have a somewhat casual atmosphere. However, knowing the two sides of a proposition from the start is always beneficial.

[quote name='noex1337']I think that format would be to formal and a bit of a turnoff. I understand that you don't want this to turn out like the coffeehouse did, but I think is should still have a somewhat casual atmosphere. However, knowing the two sides of a proposition from the start is always beneficial.[/QUOTE]

For the recommendation I dont mind that theres a formal pre-set. As long as we're not required to discuss in an extreme formal way, since unless I can speak my own words, I cant handle a serious discussion. When presenting a case to be discussed, or your politic view etc etc I think it would be best to try and be as formal as possible. Serious, but not extremist serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.