Religion

I believe in a god, sure, who doesn't? I can believe in that..

Jesus, no. I don't believe in that. And I will never.

But yeah, I'll pray when facing hard times, that's easy.

Not praying to Jesus though.

Yeah, he was a real person. It's been proven he was around. Doubtful that he was the son of god though. Don't argue, I don't want to. There's no way you can prove he was actually the son of god.

I'm agnostic. I believe in whatever I want to.

Agnostic.

Formerly a Muslim (of pretty weak faith, might I add). I was just born into it and tried to stick with it but gave it up for good in 9th grade. I don't mind religion, just don't try and force it on me.

I'm actually a muslim. I too dont really know if Allah really exists or if I believe in him. I mean, a couple of centuries ago people were still thinking the earth was flat. This is one of the examples of our ignorance. Things we cant comprehend often are explained as the work of an 'higher power'. I believe we'll just learn more through time and more and more things will seem logical and don't have to be the work of Allah/God. Though I do believe these things, I also cant help it but think that there are some things in the universe no one ever could explain or just isn't something to be explained. These things are making me think there is an higher power.

i used to be a "protestant christian"but i didnt believe in god because he was never there when i needed him i thought religion was just something humans made up to give themselves hope such as the "afterlife" or "heaven" or "hell" but 2 years back a friend of mine came up and spoke to me and my life had completly changed lota things like miracles happend in my life and now im a "born again christian"....and i do believe in jesus and heaven and stuff...and i think there is no such thing as weak faith or strong faith as long as you really believe in your religion its all that matters

Swiss

function Swiss()
Yes sweet, we are no longer alone. lol. Although I really need to do more as a christian instead of doing whatever and whenever

Then I saw her face...now Ima believaah... xD ah just love that song. Well we'll see in the end whats up after this. Or maybe not :p . Let's hope it'sa bit positive

i don't believe that there is a God. i'm saying that it wouldn't be a good thing if there was a God but i just don't think there is one. don't get me wrong. i think that some people are better because of religion and maybe, some people need it. i don't think religion is absolutely necessary and some of them can get a little overbearing. so, if you believe in something like a God and practice some sort of religion and it makes you a better person, good for you. if you believe that you are better than everybody else because you are a part of some religion or you force your beliefs down somebody's throat, shame on you. no one should look down on person because of something they believe in as long as his belief doesn't hurt himself or anybody else. just my thoughts. thank you.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mysticwaters @ July 15, 2007, 3:09 AM) [snapback]8713[/snapback]</div>
I think that whatever religion you belong to, just be a good person and be nice, and God will bless you. XD

I am Catholic, by the way.[/b]
That fact that you said that and that your Catholic proves to me that you don't read your Bible much. Because being a good person and being nice won't get you into heaven. Only having a relationship with God will do so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
That fact that you said that and that your Catholic proves to me that you don't read your Bible much. Because being a good person and being nice won't get you into heaven. Only having a relationship with God will do so.[/b]
Yeah, I do believe that a relationship with God is important, but I dont' believe that a good person with good values can't go to heaven. The Lord stresses on living virtuously. People with good in their hearts cannot go to the devil, can they?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mysticwaters @ July 15, 2007, 4:28 AM) [snapback]8721[/snapback]</div>
Yeah, I do believe that a relationship with God is important, but I dont' believe that a good person with good values can't go to heaven. The Lord stresses on living virtuously. People with good in their hearts cannot go to the devil, can they?[/b]
i dont mean to prove you wrong or anything but if you read the bible properly it says ....you have to accept jesus as your personal saviour to enter kingdom of god

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mysticwaters @ July 15, 2007, 4:28 AM) [snapback]8721[/snapback]</div>
Yeah, I do believe that a relationship with God is important, but I dont' believe that a good person with good values can't go to heaven. The Lord stresses on living virtuously. People with good in their hearts cannot go to the devil, can they?[/b]
Hmm. Everyone has some type of good in there heart, even serial killers. For some reason, I don't think you'll see a serial killer in heaven, unless he's a saved serial killer....for some reason that's probably not possible. He has the ability to become saved after I guess a conviction, but I serial killer who is not saved and who doesn't have a relationship with God, but is good to some people isn't going to heaven.

Swiss

function Swiss()
true

most people are afraid of religion and don't believe in God because they believe it will change their whole way of life and then they can't have fun eg. can't go to clubs, can't drink etc. But what people are forgetting is this, you still can party, go to clubs drink or whatever but remember who you are and what you stand for and why you are here. There was this pastor once who preached about this, I don't remember his name, he said he went to horse racing, but not to bet but to observe, same with clubs. He also spoke about wives having wonderful sex with their husbands, a topic most christians are afraid of. So you can still do the things you do as long as it's not evil, your thoughts are not evil and you intentions are not evil. In other words if it's bad leave it.

I think I could have phrases all that better, somehow I got everything out but it's not quite what I want to say.

AND where the heck is my sig?

Krahe

Full of bees
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mysticwaters @ July 15, 2007, 2:09 AM) [snapback]8713[/snapback]</div>
I think that whatever religion you belong to, just be a good person and be nice, and God will bless you. XD[/b]
Oh, how I wish more Christians thought that. And now for something general:

If God is so loving and forgiving, then why does he care what religion (or lack thereof) you practice? You're telling me that a person who lives their life for others, who never commits rape, murder, or other evils acts, but who doesn't believe in God or "accept Jesus as their savior" will be damned for all eternity, but a mass-murderer who, on his deathbed, says he accepts Jesus will be swept away to the glorious afterlife? Sorry, but any "loving God" who would do that doesn't deserve to be worshiped.

And what about all of the people who were born before Jesus? Are they in hell? Will every Buddhist, Hindu, Pagan/Wiccan, etc. burn in hellfire till time stops just for not being a Christian? Nu-uh, I'm not buying it. In my book, deeds > beliefs. Who would Jesus damn for all eternity?

I am christian too...... whoa there are quite a few of us here!! yeah cool......Not that this is an insult to any other religions, just that I don't know too many christians that are into anime (most seem to think it comes from the devil)...... at least thats where i'm from :tongue:

Anyway Krahe, Unlike budhists and Hindhus (i think), we believe that belief in jesus is the only way to be saved not that all roads lead to one!

The thing you said about a mass murderer being forgiven and let into heaven is true, that is the way it works in our faith, because breaking one commandment is just as good as breaking them all and Jesus came to save the sinners not those who were on the right track.

Also, as christians we believe that good deeds come from our relationship and love of the lord. (ie: because god loved people, so should we and we should be a blessing to those around us). And by the way, the things we do here on earth do have an affect on our lives in heaven.... A serial killer may go to heaven, though a missionary who died in the field would live like a king in comparison because he trully took up his cross and laid down his life for God... Hopefully this has been a little insightful??

Krahe

Full of bees
^ I'll respond fully tomorrow, when I'm not sleepy, but for now please allow me to expand upon my deeds > beliefs point by quoting Matthew 7:21-23:

<sup>21</sup>"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. <sup>22</sup>Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' <sup>23</sup>Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Emphasis mine. Goodnight everyone.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krahe @ July 15, 2007, 10:05 PM) [snapback]8753[/snapback]</div>
^ I'll respond fully tomorrow, when I'm not sleepy, but for now please allow me to expand upon my deeds > beliefs point by quoting Matthew 7:21-23:

<sup>21</sup>"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. <sup>22</sup>Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' <sup>23</sup>Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Emphasis mine. Goodnight everyone.[/b]
"I never knew you," is the key point of that scripture. You will not get into heaven by just works alone, but through having a relationship with God.

LOL, thanks Nori, I just didn't know what quoting the scripture was for?? It seemed to be supporting the theory of knowing and following God more than good deeds, though Krahe's main point I believe was good deeds>believing in God...... so that kinda got me lost!! :laugh:...... Yeah as Nori said, Knowing God>>>good deeds, because even if you do good deeds in the name of the lord, though you don't know him, he will cast you away!!

Which is why a serial killer could go to heaven (because he could spend his final hours in the presence of God)

i was born catholic by the fact that i was baptized in a catholic church because my father is a catholic devotee..my mother on the other hand is a methodist...i was raised a methodist by my grandparents on my mother side..but as i mature my beliefs get broader,we have different ways of praising HIM but still we are praising one God..