Religion

I am a Jehovah's Witness.

The one thing i don't get about those calling themselves Christians and yet, not following the guidelines set forth in the bible. For example the whole sex before marriage. A lot of people i know say, ya i believe in God, i go to church every Sunday, but then come Monday, and its like they choose to forget some teachings and go out and do things that are gross sins.

I know i am imperfect and i do sin, however i try my hardest at trying not to.

I am not here to get anyone annoyed, but just something odd i have seen. It is interesting looking at other peoples beliefs though.

Edit: Just noticed i put Sat instead of Sun in my example.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Jehovah's Witness.

The one thing i don't get about those calling themselves Christians and yet, not following the guidelines set forth in the bible. For example the whole sex before marriage. A lot of people i know say, ya i believe in God, i go to church every Sunday, but then come Monday, and its like they choose to forget some teachings and go out and do things that are gross sins.

I know i am imperfect and i do sin, however i try my hardest at trying not to.

I am not here to get anyone annoyed, but just something odd i have seen. It is interesting looking at other peoples beliefs though.

Edit: Just noticed i put Sat instead of Sun in my example.
I notice that as well. But, people are different, and as you said no one is perfect. Everyone is different

As said before, I don't believe in anything. But blah

inb4 Nori

SakuraYume

Severuuk's Cuppycake
I'm agnostic. I believe that there is a higher power, but I don't really believe in one specific God.
I believe that as long as I know the difference between wrong and right, I can do my best to do whats right and whatever happens when I die hope for the best.
I'm not really too convinced that people have a soul or a spirit when they die. Nor do I believe in reincarnation either. But I find it interesting to learn about it, and hear other people's opinions on it.

Well... Technically that wouldn't really be Agnostic. Just kinda confused. A belief in God wouldn't make you Agnostic

Agnostic is the belief that it is all unknown, and unknowable. And that what we know, is limited to experience. A skeptic of God, but not completely denying his existence. That it's just... Well, something that will never be known until the time

As said, I'm complete Atheist. I have no beliefs toward an existence of a supreme being, or beings. But, if, when I died, there was a God or Gods, I wouldn't ask for any kind of forgiveness. I lived my life how I wanted. And I'm prepared to face the consequences. But that's a very big if

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

i use to be chirstian,
but since it been like 20 years i didn't go to a church. that should rely me as a protestant i guess.

but in my opinion, in the present moment i use to follow none of the religion path. i just believe my path my own destiny and no god can help out. if something would happen, it will not be on they fault but will be mine.

its my way to choose to look forward i guess. free to think and choose my destiny without serving any religion @ all.

(i'm maybe stupid to think like that but i just putting a opinion :p )

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven
But you wouldn't be reigning, now would you?

Just serving, with you not getting rewarded, so much as punished anyway

anyway, I don't have any particular religion. I do kinda like the idea of nirvana after life though.

Be nice not to want or need anything.

On the serious note: I'm agnostic because you can't tell if there's a 'god' of any sort and if you could then to me that makes it not a god any more, just something significantly more advanced than ourselves. However I hold the belief that there is no afterlife, I think we just die and to me that's somewhat of a comfort although that makes me sound emo and/or depressing which I'm not, or atleast I like to think I'm not.

On a less serious note: I'm a Flannelist. We believe in the Divine Flannel that encompasses all. Other deities include the Sponge and the Holy Waffle.

Religion doesn't really matter in anyway for me. I won't say that I don't believe in a god because there is still the possibility that there really is one. But it's just that this god of any religion isn't affecting my life in whatsoever manner so I won't care about him or her or it. Yet, if the time comes that there is proof of the existence of this so called god in any religion, I will believe in that existence but not in a way that I will make this god the master of my life.

well personally, i am a born again Christian, i have been raised that way. (not trying to be rude at all) but in my opinion everyone believes in something. you say you dont believe in anything but people who say they dont belong to any religious group well that puts them into their own little "religious group" just by saying "i dont believe in catholic, or buddism, or Christianity" thats saying you believe in not believing in them. (if that could possibly make sense ^~^''') everyone believes that what they believe in is right. saying you dont believe in something is believing in something.

WandererLynx XX

Dark Leviathan Sannin
i was born a catholic, but i me a the big guy went our ways so now i'm an atheist ( religion-wise) but officially i'm an adept necromancer, so i believe in Arcane Magick

I was brought up in an atheistic family. I...how should I say this...kinda fear religion, because I find people who blindly believe in the rightness of their own way pretty scary. The fanatism born in the nest of the monotheistic religions like Christianity and Islam has caused many disasters. I find it disturbing that many believers tie up atheism with immorality. I don't see why can't a person be good and moral without the promise of heaven and fear of hell. It makes me feel as if all the humanity are nothing but children who need a candy or a "go-stand-in-the-corner" punishment to behave. Can't we be good to each other, can't we care for each other without being told so by a higher power?
It is also disturbing that each religion sees herself as true and superior to all the others, which is very problematic in my view. Of course every human being likes to think that he is right, it gives him a sense of satisfaction with his life. But there is a difference between saying that you are right and saying that you are the one and only truth and all the other should be like you and if not - they burn in hell...For me views like that are only step away from hate and aggression towards all the Others, and this step has been taken many times over the history. On the other hand people will always find a thing or two to fight for, which is pretty depressing...
Despite my personal opinon I try to be liberal to all the religions and aknowledge that every person has the right to believe in whatever he chooses. But sometimes it can be hard sticking to that point of vie, especially when little kids from religios schools throw things at me and call me a bitch *sigh*.
Sorry for the long rant, but this topic kinda touched a nerve ^^''

WandererLynx XX

Dark Leviathan Sannin
that is excatly how i see religion, my family are blind believers but i'm the only one that does not believe in catholicism, in my opinion it is a way to control the mentality of the masses, to offer a meaning to their unfullfilled and misunderstood life ( no offense to anyone) as for Arcane magick i believe in the practice, there is really no god.