Should Headphones (music) be allowed in school?

Should headphones be allowed in school?

• Total voters

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiss @ 2-27-2007 @ 8:13 PM) [snapback]3607[/snapback]</div>
WOW, I surprised to see that we r still debating on this topic. Headphones? I'm thinking, right now that u should do whatever u want, your money, your time and your business. If you don't like rules and want to use headphones then go ahead. That's what free will is for.[/b]
By that theory, you can go around killing people without opposition because of free will.

in my school, headphone were not allowed.
because it will cause student didn't pay attention in class.
then, to avoid from stealing

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lorthimyer @ 3-4-2007 @ 12:24 PM) [snapback]4096[/snapback]</div>
Do you mean so that people won't steal the headphones? Why would anyone do that?[/b]
He means what's connected to the headphones (CD Players, iPods, other crappy MP3's, etc)

Oh, that's something I hate. Normally my school doesn't have problems with theft, but the new freshmen suck!! And now we actually have to pay attention. Before it was leave an ipod out, who cares. Now it's, there's an ipod, someone might steal it.

I FULLY AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED. lol id rather listen to music than listen to a teacher blah blah all day =/ . wouldnt you? even tho ud get failing grades lol. but what if grades didnt matter in life? that would be sweet lol.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (siehydra @ 3-10-2007 @ 12:16 AM) [snapback]4293[/snapback]</div>
I FULLY AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED. lol id rather listen to music than listen to a teacher blah blah all day =/ . wouldnt you? even tho ud get failing grades lol. but what if grades didnt matter in life? that would be sweet lol.[/b]
But the funny thing about it is that, they do!!! LOL

hehe yea i wish they didnt XD. well i have good grades so i have nothing to worry about. BUT STILL itd be awesome just to be allowed to have headphones and if anyone stole em from you the teachers gave you permission to kick their butt.

ehhhh mebe....... lol probably yea but still it would be a fun world? sometimes i guess when ur not gettin ur butt kicked by some random stranger on the streets.

I don't know if I would like. Maybe for a little bit to beat up people I don't like, but otherwise no. Too many people in this world could beat the crap out of me, and I don't like pain.

I don't agree that there should be a ban on headphones, however, with that being said students should be able to use them within reason, like at the cafeteria before and after class and during breaks.

Entombment

Personally, I say let them do what they want. If they choose to listen to music and not hear, it's there business. Many students, like me, don't need to hear what the teacher is saying to do the work. Just gimme the paper and I'm set

But, in our school they're completely banned, if you're seen with one, it gets taken

Wow i never knew those were prohibited in the US. Over here at the Netherlands (or at least my school which is really layed back) they dont really complain about it if you just do your work properly or when there isnt anything to do i guess. We have these so called C-hours (choice hours). You have to sign up wich class you wanna take the next week. This you do for about 6 hours, each day at least 1. Really chill if you have difficulties with a subject or need to catch up on some homework. But anyway we are allowed to have music on during those hours(not to loud of course, but better than nothing right?)

As a student who listens to his Zune constantly throughout the school day, I say yes yes 1000 times yes.

As long as they don't listen to it while the teacher is speaking, I don't think anyone would care.

It makes sense that listening to music not be allowed during classtime. If you don't want to listen to what the teacher has to say, then don't attend class.