Should Headphones (music) be allowed in school?

Should headphones be allowed in school?

• Total voters

Sailor_Peridot

Ultimate Bleach Fan!!!!!
I agree with you Sanji1P, because the school I go to has banned the headphones in the classrooms, and in the hallways. The only place we are allowed to have headphones is in the cafeteria.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Princess of Leo @ 2-16-2007 @ 11:42 AM) [snapback]2538[/snapback]</div>
I agree with you Sanji1P, because the school I go to has banned the headphones in the classrooms, and in the hallways. The only place we are allowed to have headphones is in the cafeteria.[/b]
Banned totally from school is stupid. I agree that they shouldn't be banned in the hallways, but in the classroom they shouldn't be useful to you in any way.

You should be allowed to listen to it

a ) When you are doing quiet work and the teacher doesn't need to say anything
b ) When you are out of class.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Suraj182 @ 2-17-2007 @ 9:23 AM) [snapback]2558[/snapback]</div>
a ) When you are doing quiet work and the teacher doesn't need to say anything[/b]
If you are doing quiet work, then why would you be listening to music? Explain that to me please, because if you are doing, as you said, work then you shouldn't have the distraction of music.

Archangel

Nori does have a point as much as you might hate it there really is no point in have headphones in class. You dont need it for anything , unless your me and still do it and get it taken away from you.( or at least used to ) I dont mean to sound like a ass but let me giv you some advice pay attention in class and enjoy highschool . cuz as senoir year hits you and then you have to decide what are you going to do with your life . Let me tell you i saw many of my freinds not make to the shcool they wanted to . Just think about your future cuz the world wont stop for you.

damn i feel so old after wrighting that, im only 19 , WOW I really wrote that what happening to me ???? im getting old NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swiss

function Swiss()
Well I guess headphones would make a teacher feel that he/she isn't in control of the class, because the student would look as if he/she was doing whatever he/she wanted, so the teacher would feel out of control. But is there really a need for earphones in class? Shouldn't students be listening to the teacher at that time. Well as long as the earphones aren't disrupting the class, then I guess it's ok. I am going to college so no one can say what I should and shouldn't do in class as long as I'm not bothering anyone.

Sailor_Peridot

Ultimate Bleach Fan!!!!!
I always wind up singing and being told by my classmates and my teacher in my world history class to stop singing because they find it annoying. T_T I need some advice on how I can sing without annoying my teacher and classmates....

Archangel

Once you hit collage its a different ball game teacher dont care if you hear music in class or not. Shit all i do during class is go on the internet , There kids in class that all they do is shit. Since you now pay a shit load to go to collage they cant stop you what you want to do, but you cant forget tha your paying to go there. It cost me about 200 bucks a day so i try to pay attention.

Sailor_Peridot

Ultimate Bleach Fan!!!!!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 2-18-2007 @ 12:50 AM) [snapback]2586[/snapback]</div>
Once you hit collage its a different ball game teacher dont care if you hear music in class or not. Shit all i do during class is go on the internet , There kids in class that all they do is shit. Since you now pay a shit load to go to collage they cant stop you what you want to do, but you cant forget tha your paying to go there. It cost me about 200 bucks a day so i try to pay attention.[/b]
I'm only a freshman in High School........T_T

Swiss

function Swiss()
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Princess of Leo @ 2-18-2007 @ 5:45 AM) [snapback]2585[/snapback]</div>
I always wind up singing and being told by my classmates and my teacher in my world history class to stop singing because they find it annoying. T_T I need some advice on how I can sing without annoying my teacher and classmates....[/b]

That's a problem because u r annoying your classmates and they will not get to pay attention in class.Thus not learning anything.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 2-18-2007 @ 5:50 AM) [snapback]2586[/snapback]</div>
Once you hit collage its a different ball game teacher dont care if you hear music in class or not. Shit all i do during class is go on the internet , There kids in class that all they do is shit. Since you now pay a shit load to go to collage they cant stop you what you want to do, but you cant forget tha your paying to go there. It cost me about 200 bucks a day so i try to pay attention.[/b]
Sorry to post twice but, $200. Man you r so lucky my tuition is over $158,000, so I can't afford to let anyone distract me in class, I pay too much doe.

Sailor_Peridot

Ultimate Bleach Fan!!!!!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiss @ 2-18-2007 @ 12:55 AM) [snapback]2588[/snapback]</div>
That's a problem because u r annoying your classmates and they will not get to pay attention in class.Thus not learning anything.[/b]
I usually wind up getting threatened with a refferal from my teacher so I shut up fast...............

Swiss

function Swiss()
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Princess of Leo @ 2-18-2007 @ 6:00 AM) [snapback]2590[/snapback]</div>
I usually wind up getting threatened with a refferal from my teacher so I shut up fast...............[/b]

lol. :D . ok then. It's ok but just don't disturb the others students.

Archangel

Princess i know what you mean but like Swiss said as much as you want to sing you cant . Its kinda like me and my car cuz i got 3 12 "inch speakers in the trunk of my car and i get bitch at cuz i roll back to the dorm with it at full blast around 2 and 3 am :D so people get pissed at me

Sailor_Peridot

Ultimate Bleach Fan!!!!!
I usually wind up getting bored of the classwork we have to do so I start singing and well you guys know what happens............................I even wind up singing on the bus because my parents are hardly even home since they both have to work 2 jobs.... I have to support myself by working afterschool........

Swiss

function Swiss()
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Princess of Leo @ 2-18-2007 @ 6:05 AM) [snapback]2594[/snapback]</div>
I usually wind up getting bored of the classwork we have to do so I start singing and well you guys know what happens............................[/b]

Maybe you should try something else to do when u get bored, Like a psp or something. Just not something that makes u have to sing out loud.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 2-18-2007 @ 6:09 AM) [snapback]2595[/snapback]</div>
yo swiss what school you going to cuz theres only a hand full of school that cost that much[/b]
Well It ain't no Harvard. I don't know if you know it. University of Technology a.k.a UTECH. Was once refered to as CAST. College of Arts Science and Technology.

Sailor_Peridot

Ultimate Bleach Fan!!!!!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiss @ 2-18-2007 @ 1:14 AM) [snapback]2597[/snapback]</div>
Maybe you should try something else to do when u get bored, Like a psp or something. Just not something that makes u have to sing out loud.
Well It ain't no Harvard. I don't know if you know it. University of Technology a.k.a UTECH. Was once refered to as CAST. College of Arts Science and Technology.[/b]
We're not allowed to have those on during the school day........ I hate HIGH SCHOOL because I just got done 2 hours of homework because I am taking piano lessons so I can play the piano more than I can..........