SOTW #23 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
Entry#1 GMV ..... It reminds me og Mario Paint and the combo Popout is done nicely

Entry#2 ....this is a close second i love the manga and the coloring is cool

Entry#3 ....Intesting but something is missing

Entry#4 ......Nothing was done

Entry#5...... nothing but separating was done

Entry#6.....Its cool looking but something is missing

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ehm well I have to say at first I went like BAYM i love entry number 4, but looking at the render.. all that's done is added the text and turned the picutre a bit. and the text.. is too inimini to read properly. so Too bad, you lost my love :*love:

Oh btw where is the coloursplash in entry 5? yeah just wondering... not getting my vote because of it...

Entry 1, needs some work cleaning up. it feels kiinda simple and pasted.. (not that I'd have been able to make it though so *kneels down* hallelujah)

Entry 3 I simply love what you did with that background O_O amazing how you build it up all by yourself relaly the only thing why you don't get my vote is because I no like those charaters (shoot me)

Entry 6 yeah well looks great, dont feel the coloursplash so much..

Ehm,.. well I have to say Entry 2 GMV then the person did a considerable amount of work adding the colours though I'd have love it if the colours came out of the pencil. and it just looks neat~~

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Actually, Colour Splash means having monochromes and either one or two non-monochomatic colour. Colour splash =/= colourful piece.

Hm, IMO, most of them aren't even qualified. But seeing that most don't grasp the real meaning of Colour Splash, I just gave them a go.

Anyway, Entry #2 GMV. Although there's no lighting and whatsoever, it seems to have a tad bit of depth. Le amazing, I know. I love how the text fits in there and how all the splatter brushes blend together with the render. It might seem too overcrowded but that is what creates a great flow to the overall tag, seeing that the render is actually painting something. Awesomeness, I'd say.

Rascal

i like #2 the best... but.... idk, something about how the picture is cramped into such a small space to the point of pixelation ruins it for me, the rest :/ not much seems to have been done... cept forrrr

#6 which GMV because... while it didnt match the theme... nothing really seemed to ([MENTION=163]dark_9tails[/MENTION] maybe an explanation should be posted along with the theme? lol because that seems to be the issue here, no one understood colorspash = monotone + a few colors ... ) anyways i vote 6 because the effects are epicness~ and unlike the others, the render/stock didnt make everything.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Well why would anyone ask for clarification, if they thought they interpreted it correctly? I mean I thought it just meant a colour splash in the literal sense.

Im torn between entry 1 and entry 2. These two really stood out for me, but I have to go with entry 2. The way it's overcrowded but still making it look fun is amazing. I really like the depth though there is something odd about the render's proportions. Im not sure if that's just my eyes or the way it's edited. I really adore the typography, it fits the tag like a T and the added brushes at the left of the tag.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
Why do I keep missing everything now~! ;A;

Anyways, it seems that all the entries didn't entirely fit the theme.... Was going to pick 4 since it's what I imagine color splash to be, but it doesn't seem much was done.... So 2 GMV love the effects done on this one, the text, and the depth even though I don't think they really blurred anything at all! D: Amazing~ Also cool how they made it look like it was all part of one image. 8D

#4 would've been the best of the lot with nice subtle effects. but unfortunately the theme is color splash and the nice colors was already existing, only brightened. it wouldve been nice if the colors were original.

#2 gmv. overall, the presentation is nice.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
WTF?

Color splash. People it is color splash, people. COLOR SPLASH.
I highly disagree with Lily on this case. It's what you call laziness.
Even if you do not know, you could've had asked or at least googled it instead of being so self-assuming that you know all. Better learn to learn people.
I haven't been GFXing yet when I first heard this color splash trend. It is just so unbelievable on how all of you could manage tags like this but refuses to at least ask for a clarification or research. Don't be so much self-assuming people. BE HUMBLE.

I highly suggest that you change the name of the theme instead.

Either way, #4 GMV. For perfectly executing the theme. The colors are very subtle. Though the colored parts could use more masking. EITHER WAY, IT IS A PERFECT TAG IN THIS CASE.

-Maria.

P.S. Here's a photo of a color splash.

Franken Stein

Spiral Power!!
Staff member
Entry #2 Gets my vote, the splattering of colors is well done, it actually almost creates some movement/flow too, quite impressive, would love to see more retouching on the render tho, other than that its good.

Entry #4 GMV.

Sure, it may not look that different from the stock, but there are a lot of subtle effects in place. The GFXer was wise in not letting effects get in the way of the sheer surreal and ethereal quality of the stock. An excellent execution of the theme.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm now that you say that Hadriel.. there indeed IS some difference between the original and the end result O.O woow didnt see that before :/

I feel bad about changing vote half way soI wont do that, besides I still don't like how small the text is kinda ruins it for me.

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
LOOOOOOOOOOOL awww *pats* [MENTION=163]dark_9tails[/MENTION] I can see why didn't wanna talk about colour splash (fail), i thought you just had problems explaining but you accepted the tags?
This kinda ruins the competition as people didn't follow the theme and those who did are at a disadvantage which seems like a moderation fault :shiftyeyes: hey Darky

if theme did mater, which it seems it doesn't i'd give it to, meh the others who did follow the theme hardly did any work to it
Overall I like the style and design of #2 so that GMV

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
LOOOOOOOOOOOL awww *pats* @dark_9tails I can see why didn't wanna talk about colour splash (fail), i thought you just had problems explaining but you accepted the tags?
This kinda ruins the competition as people didn't follow the theme and those who did are at a disadvantage which seems like a moderation fault :shiftyeyes: hey Darky

if theme did mater, which it seems it doesn't i'd give it to, meh the others who did follow the theme hardly did any work to it
Overall I like the style and design of #2 so that GMV
Well, since most of the entries don't actually have the theme on them, I might as well just give them a go.

Well i wouldn't comment here in the thread because well its poll thread... for me is weird discuss in same place which happen the poll... Became little messy to count the votes in my opinion. =)

But has little polemic... so i will say my opinion....

Maria. is right ColorSplash is Intuitive Selective Colorization... But If you put google images... you will find these kind of pic also. The literally of color splash not only technique what she is saying... considering who created thread and put new theme said as this manner, all entries in my opinion are according with the theme, including the one which she vote for. =)

here found many in google image using the expression color splash... Not only images what she said black white with colored parts as she are showing... So i think dont need to change the theme, or if people have better definition Splash which is colorful not using color splash. xD

Examples:

No worries much. You seems upset. ^^ the themes sometimes are more open than another, etc... In this case was ambiguity, has 2 meanings. =)

Oh by the way... nice to meet you all, who doesnt know me. ^^

@ Hadriel: Sorry, its just opinion... but any place went to wasnt allowed just crop the image and put text on it... which means the member needs put a little more efforts on it, or would be just reaping job, not gfx. =)

Sentress

Urban Cinderella
Actually, Colour Splash means having monochromes and either one or two non-monochomatic colour. Colour splash =/= colourful piece.
Exactly. D: So #4 gets my vote. Actually, #4 should win by default, everyone else is disqualified. /swt Except for number 5. Then again, I don't consider it as signature, more like icons. o_o; /gets shot

I'm sorry but yea, that's my opinion. There should be a short description for the current theme to avoid confusion. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.