Subs or Dubs?

Subs or Dubs

• Subs

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • Dubs

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
subs. since its translated from original, and has a deeper meaning. and... the dubs are all changed and stuff. like yugioh GX. Jaden (judai's) catch phrase in japanese is "Gotcha" (in english), and they changed it to "GAME ON." oh god!

In http://www.animenewsnetwork.com they have reviews on anime and also posts the rating for the subbed and dubbed. I was yelled at in Anime Fest(NY 07) for saying something like this they should have one, or improve on it, they said they already have a good crew doing it... If you guys want like expert advise that might sway your views, its on that site near the bottom where they post there rating.

Spark

Club Member
While occasionally I do miss subtitles when I pay attention to the picture, I still prefer them very much over dubs. Like the majority of you have said, the dubbed versions do not sound pretty at all. From my experience, the voices have been either unfitting or just plain dull (almost robotic). Japanese seiyuu are definitely the best!

When it comes to anime I think about 85% is best in Japanese with subs, 10% is good in dubbed and 5% can be either. Dubs do have good purposes, like when your trying to eat and watch anime at the same time and it kinda get hard to watch what there saying and then you have a get hot ravioli fall into your lap, or when your making an AMV and don't have to worry about text at the bottom.

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
definitely subbed ^^ but wasn't a thread like this already? or am i just dreaming ...
anyway, subbs are better cause the characters voices are best made by japanese, although they don't have much of an intonation, but they scream a lot ^^

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
I'll NEVER watch dub again, I saw the whole Sonic X in dub, and saw some japanese eps, they were so much better.
I like Desert Punk in English though :p pretty good voices

Kenzou

pink spider
I like certain dubs. Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Dragonballz, Yu Yu Hakusho and MSG 08th MS Team.

I find American humor boring, so I like subs better. But I would watch the above shows dubbed a million times before i even try the subs.