Swords or Guns?

amanda

I had a discussion with a friend a few days ago about which is better/cooler:
a sword or a gun.

I naturally liked swords over guns(because of the history and art behind them). However, he believed swords are useless and that guns are overall superior. Just out of curiosity, I would like to know what all of you prefer, swords or guns(swords as in any form of blades such as daggers, knives etc. and guns refers to any kind of firearm).

Cruss-kun

Pokemon Master
Firearm and Basic weapons all require skill, but when it comes to Basic skill since it's usually not a 1Hit K.O. you need more skill and training, but when it comes to firearms all you need is speed and accuracy.

What I'm saying is Basic Weapons are cooler.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
i like swords/ blades better than firearms from more than one standpoint though i do enjoy the occasional rifle shooting. in the end, the better weapon all comes down to how the person using it wields the weapon.

Edit: remind me to never get you mad zeta. o_0

incidentally i have a good number of knives myself

hmm.. if we're talking about real thing I prefer guns.. coz' guns are faster than sword..(I think) or it depends to person who holds it...
But if it's anime.. I prefer sword.. coz' Kenshin and Byakuya's swords are cool... ^^,

amanda

hmm.. if we're talking about real thing I prefer guns.. coz' guns are faster than sword..(I think) or it depends to person who holds it...
But if it's anime.. I prefer sword.. coz' Kenshin and Byakuya's swords are cool... ^^,
haha i totally agree with u there lol.

B StAR

2D Complex.
Situation takes part too in battles (If you are fighting in a open, grassy plain or a dark, claustophobic warehouse full of cover to hide in). I like guns, it is something about their design that appeals to me.

Serph

I am The Light
Ill take a sword any day i have 2 in real life i have clouds that big thing and a japanese sword that was like 600 bucks i love sword lol

thats easy without a doubs .. Swords Why .. cause they kick ass and I think your a lowlife if you use guns >..> guns are for the weak :O ?
Swords also look much cooler then guns :p

chimerA.^

...is bored.
Guns, whether it's pistols or rifles, I can't get enough : P

Although, Swords make for some excellent fights, there's just something about two squads opening fire on one another.
BTW, this should have a poll.

templeofanubis

The Music Hunter/Sharer
Call me old fashioned but I prefer any sword over any gun any day of the week. Guns are so impersonal and easy to use. You can kill someone you don't even know for a long distance away with a gun which is horrible. With a sword you need a lot more skill and training and when fighting it becomes a lot more complex that shooting. It seems a lot more personal that way too.

In short, swords are an honorable way of fighting for the most part, guns are definitely not.