Takoyaki (octopus balls)

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
Ive seen this type of food all the time during festivals in animes, since its a type of food that you get to eat only at festivals, prolly expensive. Like cotton candy or zepplies at these types of festivals or carnivals.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
:wakuwaku: these are freakin awesome! one of my favorite snacks at football games. i admit thy are a bit pricy but its worth it since stadium food tends to be expensive in itself sometimes

B StAR

2D Complex.
always wanted to try one. The nearest thing I ate to it was probably dried squid

Serph

I am The Light
i cant eat octopus it makes me think am been eating the same thing for ever

tyron256

turnabout moderation
You guys can get some here?? Where??
you know, in not too sure exactly. even around where i live im not sure where to get them during the course of the regular year. i can only get them during football season.:dark:

BLue-FIsh

I have muffins! =D
Takoyaki? I can eat it whenever I want. :p

But the thing is that I don't like it that much.. I'll just stick to dried squid.

ingeniousthinker

ıɹnʎǝʌolı
octopus balls? o_O?

I haven't tried eating this thing... I don't know if we have that here.

I'll like squid flakes...^^

Is not my favourite,but is yummy! Here's the ingredients an directions to make takoyaki.

INGREDIENTS:
~1 2/3 cup flour
~2 1/2 cup dashi soup
~2 eggs
~1/2 lb. boiled octopus, cut into bite-size pieces
~1/4 cup chopped green onion
~1/4 cup dried sakura ebi (red shrimp)
~1/4 cup chopped pickled red ginger
*For toppings:
fried bonito flakes
aonori (green dried seaweed)
Worcestershire sauce or takoyaki sauce
mayonnaise

PREPARATION:
Mix flour, dashi (japanese soup stock) soup, and eggs in a bowl to make batter. Thickness of the batter should be like potage soup. Put oil inside cups of a takoyaki grill pan. Pour batter into the cups to the full. Put octopus, red ginger, and green onion in each hole. Grill takoyaki balls, turning with a pick. When takoyaki become rounds and brown, remove them from the pan and place in a plate. Put sauce and mayonnaise on takoyaki and sprinkle bonito flakes and aonori on the top.
*makes 4 servings

We can get it all year round here aswell,is common in most shopping complexes' markets and even night markets sell it. But somehow the name changed to takotao instead of tako yaki.