The den of Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like winter .___.

But I don't get any where I live ;A;
That's why you like it. When you get it every year, have to go out and shovel snow, try to avoid the endless array of pileups of unprepared drivers on your way to work/school, trudge through 4 feet of snow to get the mail, freeze your butt off as you slide through the driveway only to go inside and find a power bill ranging from $600 - $1200 a month because the idiots at the power company sold all the power to Sweden for nothing, it sort of removes any good will you have towards it.

I really don't like winter all that much. Last winter, on my way to uni I saw on average 4 pileups (25 min drive) and a dozen or so cars outside the road. The winter before that there was a blizzard that was so bad that I couldn't see 12 feet ahead of me driving home, plus it was so slippery that in front of me a car going 30mph skidded off the road :(

Not to mention that the Univeristy is too cheap to properly sand/salt the parking lots, so you can usually have a few moments where the car decides to go off on it's own. Taking public transport is just not comfortable either. The bus just isn't warm enough, a taxi would be far too expensive, and the train has a tendency to not work in the winter. We have a great discussion about this every year, and nothing gets done about it, same goes for the insane prices on electricity. On the plus side, my ability to drive has probably been increased tenfold by these conditions.

The only time I really want there to be snow is around Christmas, and even then it's just so I can sit inside and drink some hot choclate and watch Disney's Christmas Special while there's snow falling in the background...

roselillya

Bleep Bloop
Staff member
That's why you like it. When you get it every year, have to go out and shovel snow, try to avoid the endless array of pileups of unprepared drivers on your way to work/school, trudge through 4 feet of snow to get the mail, freeze your butt off as you slide through the driveway only to go inside and find a power bill ranging from $600 - $1200 a month because the idiots at the power company sold all the power to Sweden for nothing, it sort of removes any good will you have towards it.

I really don't like winter all that much. Last winter, on my way to uni I saw on average 4 pileups (25 min drive) and a dozen or so cars outside the road. The winter before that there was a blizzard that was so bad that I couldn't see 12 feet ahead of me driving home, plus it was so slippery that in front of me a car going 30mph skidded off the road :(

Not to mention that the Univeristy is too cheap to properly sand/salt the parking lots, so you can usually have a few moments where the car decides to go off on it's own. Taking public transport is just not comfortable either. The bus just isn't warm enough, a taxi would be far too expensive, and the train has a tendency to not work in the winter. We have a great discussion about this every year, and nothing gets done about it, same goes for the insane prices on electricity. On the plus side, my ability to drive has probably been increased tenfold by these conditions.

The only time I really want there to be snow is around Christmas, and even then it's just so I can sit inside and drink some hot choclate and watch Disney's Christmas Special while there's snow falling in the background...
I enjoyed reading your little rant... And I will probably agree with you in a few years about all of that .-. But its fun just building a huge snow forts and going all out in wars with your friends o.o

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Quick heads up. We're going to have to start a version 2 of this chat thread soon. Threads with over 500-600 pages are bad for the database. It's like eating a double cheeseburger, you start getting fat. If the DB gets fat and has a stroke, things will stop functioning properly. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.