The War in Iraq

I dont have an emence amount of time to talk about this but ...what do you guys think about the war in iraq....i think we should bring our soldiars home what about you?

A

agoyal80

I think The Iraq War have effective Soldier more than any other. They actually don't know when they meet their families.

Alzina

i think the war is iraq is pointless...its not doing good to any sides...people from both sides r dying almost everday and more victims r being created.
i strongly believe that the soldiers should be sent back and let them be reunited with their families again who miss them a lot and await their coming.. -_-

Nori

The unfortunate thing about it is that it's not that easy. The U.S. dug to big of a whole for them to just go and say, ok we're done with the war send the troops back.

Alzina

ya its true dat US dug too big of a hole and now they don't know wat to do...but its about time that they should start doing something to fill it up and give the Iraqi people the peace they deserve...

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alzina @ 12-8-2006 @ 7:55 AM) [snapback]1149[/snapback]</div>
and give the Iraqi people the peace they deserve...[/b]
HAH! Peace is in Iraq. Yea right. When we leave, it's not going to get better, it's definately going to get worse. People think that Iraq was good when we went over there, yea right. Iraq was a complete mess then, the problem is that it didn't get better. We're not even fighting a war right now, the U.S. Army are acting like police, and getting killed over it. The plan that they are currently using was extremely foolish. And because our president is so completely obvlivious to things of common sense, all he wants to do is fight, fight, fight, and kill, kill, kill. It's idiotic to have a president with absolutely no common sense. Al Gore should have been voted in. <_<

You know it's sad though because we voted him in twice, but John Kerry was a total dumb ass also, I honestly couldn't even support him either. I'm glad I couldn't even vote then, because I probably wouldn't have.

Kiwik

Uuuuh, what a tough topic =)
I think that all the campaign wasn't planned out as well as it should have been. And now the U.S army is dealing with the results. Now, I don't know how much of a threat Iraq really was, but I don't think that Bush sent the army there just because og the oil. And I remember that before the war in Iraq, it was considered here (in Israel, that is) a real threat to the existence of the country.
Oh, and I kinda agree with Nori. Theleaving of U.S Army won't lead to the peace in Iraq. The U.S completely disordered the traditional power sustem - the Sunni are in the lead, and Shii (sorry, don't really know how to spell that ^^') get no politic power at all, despite them being the majority of the population. Now it's all reversed and there's a civil war between the Sunni and the Shii...

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supertyman @ 12-13-2006 @ 7:54 AM) [snapback]1318[/snapback]</div>
Don't you guys know anything? There is no ware. The 9/11 thing is just a big scam. The goverment was loosing the people trust. So they plant a bomb in the plane and ran it stright in the towers. I have all on tape and it enough evidence to get goverment to talk. Irqys didn't start the war. We cause the war. Cause were the number one nation on planet earth. So join me and we can take down those lying bithches[/b]
You sound foolish, don't speak. <_<

Also, when was that picture taken, in WWII?

I do feel that the Iraq war is meaningless though they force saddam hussein(tyrant) reign to topple but it still does not solve the long history of racial conflicts. Somemore there are extreme militants out there and they will stop at nothing for their own motives, like racial supremacy or a government body of their race.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The war in Iraq is stupid and pointless they only got invaded for oil.. sooo greedy[/b]
omg dont tell me your one of thoes people that say BUSH LIED US INTO THE WAR IT WAS FOR OIL. ok look, ever since we went into iraq we havent even gotten any oil from them, except the oil we use for tanks planes etc. if it was for oil our asses would be out of thear in a second. Many other intellegence such as the British intellegence also belived that sudam indeed have wmds.

as for the war in iraq now, i think that we should have gone in there more prepared, we went in thear unprepared and that was a huge mistake. i think we should stay in there for about 1-2 more years and if the iraqs cant support themselves then we should have a withdrawel plan.

Krahe

Full of bees
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Choad @ 12-17-2006 @ 11:01 PM) [snapback]1442[/snapback]</div>
omg dont tell me your one of thoes people that say BUSH LIED US INTO THE WAR IT WAS FOR OIL. ok look, ever since we went into iraq we havent even gotten any oil from them, except the oil we use for tanks planes etc. if it was for oil our asses would be out of thear in a second. Many other intellegence such as the British intellegence also belived that sudam indeed have wmds.

as for the war in iraq now, i think that we should have gone in there more prepared, we went in thear unprepared and that was a huge mistake. i think we should stay in there for about 1-2 more years and if the iraqs cant support themselves then we should have a withdrawel plan.[/b]
Bush did lie to get us into this war. He said Iraq had WMDs, and that we needed to invade because of those weapons. That was his only reason until we actually got over there and found out Dubya was wrong. Then he had to scramble to cover his butt by shifting the reason over to freeing the Iraqi people and spreading democracy.

We should have never have invaded Iraq to begin with, but we did, and we should have started forming a withdrawl plan when everything started to go to Hell in a hand-basket. Hell, we should have had some sort of worst-case-senario plan when we went over their. Also, I doubt one to two more years will make much, if any, difference. The country would have to stabilize dramaticaly, and that dosen't seem very likely.

I feel I need to put my input on this because I debate this everyday with a strong left winger where I like to stay in the middle and sometimes favor right but thats not the point.

Say the least I have to say we screwed up and where too far in to do a direct 100% pull out. If we do do that then all that will happen is a huge civil war which probably will happen anyways. I don't think the war was about oil I think this was caused by false intelligence about the WMD. But at the same time I feel we where somewhat successful in the fact we got a horrible man out of power for killing or having sentenced to kill thousands of his own people and had them starved by faking food supplies. If anything we should do a slow pull out within the next year or so I think.

All together the war was a screw up and we had no right to be there since Saddam had no connections to Bin Laden and supposedly disliked him but getting him out of power was the one big plus to the war.

Krahe

Full of bees
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim @ 12-19-2006 @ 8:20 PM) [snapback]1480[/snapback]</div>
I feel I need to put my input on this because I debate this everyday with a strong left winger where I like to stay in the middle and sometimes favor right but thats not the point.

Say the least I have to say we screwed up and where too far in to do a direct 100% pull out. If we do do that then all that will happen is a huge civil war which probably will happen anyways. I don't think the war was about oil I think this was caused by false intelligence about the WMD. But at the same time I feel we where somewhat successful in the fact we got a horrible man out of power for killing or having sentenced to kill thousands of his own people and had them starved by faking food supplies. If anything we should do a slow pull out within the next year or so I think.

All together the war was a screw up and we had no right to be there since Saddam had no connections to Bin Laden and supposedly disliked him but getting him out of power was the one big plus to the war.[/b]
Oh, I agree completely. We can't just hand control of the country over to the current government with nothing but a pat on the back and a hearty 'Good luck.' We need to try to get Iraq as self-sufficent as possible, but I have no idea how we would go about doing that.

If the country could ever stabilize, Saddam's fall from power probably would be veiwed as a good thing, at least by the average citizen. I doubt it seems that way now, though.

Nori

I remember a time, when I was basically like, we should just nuke the Middle East. At that time I was still extremely mad about 9/11, especially since I'm a resident of NY. Either way, my view changed of course, considering all of the people over there aren't terrorists.

Archangel

Thats True when 9/11 hit man was i pissed but now that i think about it all were doing is sheding more blood, the death toll count on US soldiers is almost the same as 9/11. Dont get me wrong im not saying we shouldnt have done anything but how much blood has to be shed for peace. They killed , We Kill, We wont get anywhere like that. I believe that we dont have much of a choise , But at the same time i remember one of my classmate shedding tears on 9/11 cuz he lost his father and my collage buddy breaking down cuz his best freing died in Iraq. Everytime someone is killed it brings pian that why i think Iraq is taking so long cuz their seeing family dieing in front of there eyes and were killing innocent people ,not on purpose, with bombs and other things .Poeple over their are felling the same kind of pian we did and at the same time were telling them to trust us. That is someting that is not easy it wouldn't be for me , Lets just hope this ends soon for the sake of both countrys cuz were both suffering.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 1-22-2007 @ 10:36 PM) [snapback]1941[/snapback]</div>
Thats True when 9/11 hit man was i pissed but now that i think about it all were doing is sheding more blood, the death toll count on US soldiers is almost the same as 9/11. Dont get me wrong im not saying we shouldnt have done anything but how much blood has to be shed for peace. They killed , We Kill, We wont get anywhere like that. I believe that we dont have much of a choise , But at the same time i remember one of my classmate shedding tears on 9/11 cuz he lost his father and my collage buddy breaking down cuz his best freing died in Iraq. Everytime someone is killed it brings pian that why i think Iraq is taking so long cuz their seeing family dieing in front of there eyes and were killing innocent people ,not on purpose, with bombs and other things .Poeple over their are felling the same kind of pian we did and at the same time were telling them to trust us. That is someting that is not easy it wouldn't be for me , Lets just hope this ends soon for the sake of both countrys cuz were both suffering.[/b]
Almost, it's past the death toll from 9/11.

Also, right now, we're acting as police over in Iraq. We're not the ones causing the killing, they are. So the bloodshed is because of Al-Qaeda not the US.