Tipping

amanda

When we go to restaurants and places like such where there are people who serve you, do you feel like giving them tips? What does tipping mean to you?

When you are the patron...
#1 Would you tip the waiter generously if he or she had served you well, or you would just assume that the tip has somehow been included in the service tax?

#2 Would you just give the change (from the counter where you have paid) as a tip or you would consider it rude?

When you are the waiter...
#1 How do you feel if you have received a tip from a patron?

#2 If the patron gives you the change from the bill would you feel insulted? (e.g: a few cents left from the bill)

Syanaide

Suigintou Love
I don't really tipping.. but in most places now you have to pay it like it or not since it's often in your bill. Otherwise I will still tip a few dollars if the place doesn't charge me. I don't really like smaller restaurants that don't really serve you but have a tip jar. It's like, why would I give you a tip when the ONLY thing you do is bring me my food when it's ready. I mean, they don't even take your order in places like that.

If they serve me well with a smile and are polite and such I'll tip to show my appreciation for their work.

If I don't tip I feel bad and think they must think I'm a big jerk.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
i do it to show appreciation for their work. i know they have to deal with a lot including the rude customer. i usually give a couple dollars, unless its a tip jar in which case it gets the leftovers from a broken bill.

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
i usually tip, if they served me good, with a smile on their faces. but if there's someone i don't like, i don't tip them.
it's said in my country that you have to tip them 10% of the bill

B StAR

2D Complex.
Yeah, for great service means tips! Part of the dining out experience for me is the laziness involved so there should be a fee for someone serving you. Well, round here, wages are lower than minimum so waiters/waitresses depend on some tips for their wage.

1. Hell yeah I would tip well, unless like a hamburger costs 15 US dollars, and that is without a drink O.O

2. Only if I am out of money. Or if the service was REALLY BAD.

1. Hey I must be doing a good job, or they are nice!

2. Only if I did a good job serving and they give me chump change, eyebrows will be raised XD

Cruss-kun

Pokemon Master
If I was the patron I guess I'd give them the tip rather then the change from the bill cause I would eat so much I would just use a credit card. xD

If I was the waiter I'd expect the patron to give me my tip. I don't think I'd be insulting if they gave me their change unless it was under 50cents.

TheHundreds

Streetwear Is Dead
I Only Tip When I Rlyy Feel Like It. And Since I'm Broke Half The Time, I Only Tip One, Two Dollars Max. I Remember This One Time Though When The Waiter Forced Me To Pay Tip. I Was Like Wtff Man... $5. Gone.

I only tip when the staff serve me well and have a smile. If they just bring food or are rude they should consider lucky that I paid wakakakaka!