What made you start playing video games ?

The first few levels aren't that bad. Though I did have a hard time beating level 3 early on, had to take a leap of faith off-screen (remember, this was before gamefaqs or any of us had internet) and the mini-boss (took actual thinking to beat it since it was immortal).But the hardest fight is in level 8, the only black guard who only knows how to counter attack. ? ?I also found something interesting in level 12, no fight was involved. *hint* *hint* While Jaffar was a mook, the fat guard in level 10 (iirc?) was a better fighter than him.Tri-Edge, its great to stir-up some of your old childhood memories.The only negative thing I can say about this game is the manual check system. You know, where progressing through level 2 or loading a save, the game would ask you to look for Page X, Line Y and Word Z to find what letter you need.

i remember being small and video games where just always around because of myolder brother and my cousins. it's something that's been there my whole life, you know?i suppose it was also an escape into another reality for me when things were tough,or when i was alone. i've always been fascinated with things that don't really correspond with our "reality," if that makes sense.

back when i lived in Ukraine, i was about 3i started to play a lot on sega because, well we had one XDi played games like mortal combat, mario, and many more >_>

my friend had a super nintendo, which is still pretty fun, and id always play it with him. then my dad saw i liked it alot so he gots me an N64.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
My brother sat me down infront of the TV when I was six years old and he put in Final Fantasy 7 into the old PSX and told me to just start playing. Ever since then I have been a gamer.

When I was visiting my father he was playing Starcraft on the N64.When he went to the restroom he let me try it, a year later I get a N64 for Christmas and I have only sped up since on my gaming hobby. Strategy games are often a spectator sport for me though since I very rarely crunch numbers for a game.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
[quote name='"Strife' date=' post: 40052"']My brother sat me down infront of the TV when I was six years old and he put in Final Fantasy 7 into the old PSX and told me to just start playing. Ever since then I have been a gamer.[/quote]Lol that's so cute. I've done something similar to my brother. He was 4 years old and he was crying a lot so I told him to sit down next to me and watch me play Chrono Cross.

Darkchao45

No More Heroes
Staff member
In my case, my cousin got me into video games. I remember going to his house and seeing him play, he asked me to come to his room and gave me a controller. The rest is history lol. My nephew (who lives with me) got into video games becasue of me that same way lol

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
Was staying with my great grandmother when I was around three years old while my mom was TDY over seas. She had a NES at one of her houses in the basement. Why she had one I have no clue, but I was to young to think about that at the time. The game was that Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cartridge and came with the gun. The rest is history...

What made me start playing? Oddly enough,it was my parents. When I was a wee lad of five or so my parents had an NES with Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt with the real Nintendo zapper. So I played Duck Hunt. Eventually we got an SNES with Super Mario World and they'd rent something like Mario Kart. As time passed on though I played more and more and they played less and less. Eventually they stopped altogether and the consoles became mine. It's ironic because I'm certain my parents both wished I'd never gotten hooked on this. It's at least partially responsible for my social isolation I imagine. They're both disconnected from gaming now. My old man has a Wii that he's only bought one golf game for and my mother owns a PS3 that she can't really operate because they can't figure out that the game's controls are probably in the options menu and they just fight with it until their rental time is up. It's just a Blu Ray player for them now. I very recently passed my PSX/PS2/Gamecube collection down to my younger sister after she bought her own PS2 hoping to play FFX. She had to settle for X-2 until I gave her my copy of X. She's been stuck fighting Evrae for quite some time.​

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
What made me start gaming... Hmm good question. I dont really have the answer to it though. It kind of hapened unconciously. My dad and older brother have been gamers since I can remember and growing up we would always play games together. I guess that's where it all started? xD
(lolol we still occasionally have LAN-parties OTL )

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
One day I was really bored of playing with plastic toy soldiers in the garden and my dad had the first Lara Croft. So he suggested I tried that. I did, and I liked it. God, was my dad every sorry for introducing me to it XD After that I went on to play Duke Nukem by a friend and not much later another friend introduced me to the wonders of the Nintendo 64 with GoldenEye.

Ah yeah, I was doomed from that moment on.

What made me start gaming was playing some old games like Sonic The hedgehog and mario, if i remember, donkey kong country and street fighter. Once life went on, i kept gaming until now and still am gaming, being top best in nearly most games.

My first gaming experience....hm well when i was little i always loved to sit and watch dad play games like Diablo, Marathon, F/A 18 hornet on his old Mac and and well those where my first games at the age of 4 i think also some other game where you flew a space ship through labyrinth like areas and when you destroyed the generator you had to find the exit before it exploded o.o.....XD
i didn't start playing normal child games until my sister was old enough to want to play to and mom said she couldn't play those games

O_O the Demon in the catacombs on Diablo 1 was so scary back then

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
I started playing video games when I was 3 and my parents got me a Nintendo. I end up beating Super Mario Bros. When I was 3 or 4. After Nintendo I got a Sega genesis.

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada
I remember like it was yesterday, it was 1990. My older brother and cousins where playing metriod on nes. I was stuck watching them play then, they played contra showing the infamous code. I wanted to play so bad but since I was consider a hazard; I didn't get to touch. I only stuck watching them play Dodge ball, pinball, Legend of Kage, and Punch-Out. Then when they got tired and went out to play, I jump on and played pinball.

Fucking got up all the way to the gold screen. I was playing ever since. lol