Windows Vista

Nori

I don't really know to much about the operating system. I've read a few things about it, but you know ofcourse these are speculations! I want to know who would get this system, and what you guys know about it.

A new windows os awsome.Im going to try and get the system.It look kinda great and also the start up screen looks nice.

dev

newspaper say that some of the head of microsoft company say it will out in 2007 and maybe more than 2007 coz many of the system not stable

Entombment

Well, I'd get it... But I'm not paying for that. Way to expensive. It's release is slated for '07, although it'll more than likely be pushed back due to bugs and what not.

The visual theme is really great... And most new PC's are Vista compatible. Although the use of a Glass2K type thing gets annoying sometimes, making it hard to read. Still nice though

To answer the first question it supposed to work a bit like windows media and have a lot of simalar features to it
also WMP 11 looks great I have the beta for it and I have a friend with the Vista beta. a few nice things for gamers will be there like Xbox 360 and the computer will be able to play each other. and yes it's due right after christmas some time in the 1Q of 2007. it is suggested that you have a min of 512kb of 1gb of ram I dont remember I'll need to check my PCG for that but thats basicly all I know about it and also it suposed to have some nice things I think for computer art.

Nori

Yea WMP11 looks awesome, but it's a BETA and it's annoying sometimes. I can't wait for it to come out, but I'm not gettin it for a while probably.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Redx @ Oct 19 2006, 10:07 PM) [snapback]451[/snapback]</div>
WMP11 looks kinda sucky to me, I do not like it at all.[/b]
That's the response of a true drug addict. ;) Jokes ^_^

well i have friend with vista and he sad that it uses a lot of resources (1gb ram) and it has a different interface from xp. The program didn't seem to be that different from xp at least for what he uses it

As long as this was brought back alive I though I might as well post one last think about the operating system
It will cost a butt load
$385 according to Amazon prices which is the inly place I could find it and that is probably non upgrade version also for a little more than 100 or so you can get windows SP2b with a vista coupon so it will be cheaper.
On another + most new computers sold by best buy, at least, that are vista compatible are now shipping vista for free once it becomes available