Windows Vista

Hmm i work whit computers and we always have beta of windows office ect. I wanna say its kinda going the mac way whit the new "skins" all more glimmer. Some feautures are nice though but i dont think i'm gonna upgrade my computer to vista when it comes out. Maybe if i buy a new one (and dont asamblage it myself) and there is a vista os whit the pc i would prolly use it. If i dont like it i reinstall XP. I also could run my notebook whit vista or my second pc for just learning purpouse. Vista runs on a 512 mb ram (hmm thought the install said it can not run on 512 but there was a way around it dunno how we did it thought) but when you runs some progs you are getting a bit more lag. Ohh yeah need to say that office 2007 looks very cool ;) prolly my company will be buying license when office 2007 is in dutch. My 2cents.

Vista is more troublesome than XP, the amount of times you can reinstall it or use it on different machines is limited. They're like forcing people to use cracks on software they legaly purchased. And the things they ripped off of mac osx is incredible. You should really check out youtube for the 50-some movies people posted on the matter. (But yes, due to the stolen features, I guess it'll be a better os.) But I must say, the design is not much of an improvement really... I had rather sticked to the plain none-transparency, square window buttoned Windows.

Yeah I'm having second doubts over Vista now, I mean 3 people have already told me not to get it, and I heard it makes your computer slow. I have the disc cause it came free with my Laptop.

Is there anyway to roll back to XP once you've installed Vista?

I am the man when it comes to tech!Windows Vista is a new revolutionary system.It comes at a HUGE price though!The Vista operating system with the most protection and features comes in at about 350-500$.Thats the price of a desktop computer that already has Vista installed!However,I have seen some Vistas at 150.00$.You might want to go to your nearest Circuit City to check it out.I got the chance to use a Vista recently.It runs smoothly and had me envious!This is a must get for all gamers,tech freaks or people who like the new look.However,I dont recommend it for people who just use their computers for regular stuff.Its the future of Microsoft,the future of computers!Are you scared?

ummm I wouldn't give vista all praise... xp runs a lot faster, though vista has more fixes.
so... lets all install windows 3.1! :tongue:

I'll admit that ms is good at their user interfaces and business... which I suppose help each other out in keeping them on top. Compatibility too I suppose, but if their interface were horrible, people would probably try other stuff more willingly (with compatibility following)

As for me, I got my computer (vista and all) for something like $100, so I can't complain too much about the price :tongue:

Also there's the space it takes up... a ton more off course.

As for whether it's good or not, that of course depends which aspect... for example, it'll ask you a lot of times for permission to do this or that or the other action (such as installing)
Annoying as it may be, it's the same as with passwords... I prefer having a password on my stuff over ppl who I don't want looking through what I have without permission :p
hmmm on that aspect I suppose it resembles ubuntu

as for the new tab switching stuff... I do not use it :p
I've used it once - to take a screenshot to show to a friend who was curious as to what it looked like.

To each his own I guess.

I play World of Warcraft as my secondary hobby (after being addicted to anime and manga) and I compared my frame rate to another person with a similar computer spec to mine (during a time when the game would be under alot of stress) and while I had 9fps at the time he had 22fps the difference you ask? he had windows XP and I had Vista :(

The worst thing is though is that Microsoft are working on it so that all games in the future will be only vista compatible so as balls as it is we're all gonna have to use it >.<

I don't really know to much about the operating system. I've read a few things about it, but you know of course these are speculations! I want to know who would get this system, and what you guys know about it.
Vista need 1GB of RAM just to run... That is too much. I also hear, that thanks to contract with Hollywood, all movies will be played in 3/4 quality they actually have to force you to buy new DVD. On the other hand, many companies are supporting them well, some of them are even cutting support for XP.