Wolf Mountain RP

They had almost reached the summit when a male voice rang out, "Hey, awfully fast travelling tourists, or are you guests heading for a place to stay?" Ethan and Lacy froze. "He could see us?!" they said in unison, the thought screamed through Ayame's head. It was much a shock to her as it was to them, someone was here and they could see Ethan and Lacy. Actually see them, they were ghosts, how could anyone see them?! But then again Ayame could, but she was different, Ayame thought consoling herself. "Turn around Ayame," Ethan commanded, his voice pounding through her head, she could tell he was nervous. Both her friends had started communicating through her thoughts the moment the voice was heard. "Remember to stay calm and don't give anything away," Lacy chimed in. Then they both just disappeared, she knew Ethan and Lacy hadn't left her, they just stopped making themselves visible to Ayame. Not that they were that solid before, but still.

Ayame turned slowly and pin-pointed where the voice had come from. It came from a boy, who looked about Ayame's age, but seemed a lot older than what he appeared. His eyes were one of the clearest and prettiest sky blue that Ayame had ever seen, and he had spiky blonde hair. He was sitting carefreely on a tree branch, looking down at her with remote interest. She breathed slowly before answering, something that was a habit of hers when talking to anyone, it helped to calm her nerves and clear her mind. "Oh, hello~ I'm just here to see the sunset from the summit. I heard it was extremely beautiful." Ayame answered softly, ignoring the fact that he used the plural form to address her, and trying her best to stick with the truth so that he wouldn't suspect anything. "And why are you here? Are you a tourist also?" she questioned. Ayame made sure not to do anything to make herself suspcious, acting as calm as possible, as normal as possible.

Cornelia opened the door and bowed down. I was told to give you a quick visit. I am Cornelia Krauss, head knight of the elite guards of Wolf Mountain. You can say I am the second in command in here after my Lord. As she said this, she came closer to Sathre and smiled. I wish you have a nice time having your stay here in Wolf Mountain. if you need anything, we can provide them to you. As she said this, she turned her back and stared at the entrance door. I hope you really like this place. i like it a lot. It has been my home ever since I left Asgard. It is a great place and all the people here are welcoming and warm hearted. Just be careful...there are darker times coming here.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Sathre didn't expect a woman to enter through her doors. She was even more suprised when she figured out it was a Valkyria.
And when she bowed Sathre did also.
A greeting she found most useful at times like this.

When Cornalia introduced. Sathre slowly offered her name also.
"My name is Sath. I'm glad we met."

As the women came closer. And smiled. Sathre relaxed a bit. And smiled back.
And Cornelia continued "I wish you have a nice time having your stay here in Wolf Mountain. if you need anything, we can provide them to you.]

Sathre replied to her with a wider smile. And remarked with a sentance : "Actually.
I am not in a need of anything.
I would like to offer my assistance,if there is a need for it. After all i am a demon with a few skills."

When Cornelia turned away to the entrance saying " I hope you really like this place. i like it a lot. It has been my home ever since I left Asgard. It is a great place and all the people here are welcoming and warm hearted. Just be careful...there are darker times coming"

Sathre said "The dark times are the thing i know of about perfectly. I am a daughter of her father .
And a sily fact is that my father is the Old demon of War.
Certain things i learned could be of help to you. When that time comes."

"Oh and by the way." Sathre added.
"There is something in the forest...something dangerous.
It is still beyond my understanding ,what it is. But it is out there."

Sathre looked away as she said it. And crossed her hands.

She stopped and turned back to look at her. I didn't mean for you to misunderstand. It is great that you possess knowledge about the darker times, but I was referring that there will be probably a war outbreak sometime with one powerful army. We have no notification on how great it is, of what it is composed or what types of creatures will be used to fight. She shrugged for a second and placed her hand on her sword as she heard that their was something mysterious on the mountain. Something mysterious? I will be going to check it out. By the way, Kiba and I appreciate your help offering. We would really be grateful if you wanted to help us in the upcoming war, but we also assure you that if you want to be kept safe, we will protect you at all costs. Well, if you excuse me...she stopped, wanting to listen if Sathre wanted to say something or go with her on the look out.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
After Cornelia explained to Sathre what she ment.
Sathre offered a little nod. It was my mistake. I did misunderstand.
And the only protection i will need is if my father finds me here.
Then we ll both be in trouble"
Sathre grinned and winked,in an attempt to loosen Cornelia's tension.
As Cornelia turned around to leave, Sathre asked :Can i join you?I am quite curious of the creature in the forest. It is near humans,or to say my familiar claims,it is...

Diva Elly

Emmie was here
" Yes, I know a man like that. Mentioned he was going for the summit." The words of the helpful elderly man living at the base of the mountain rang in his head for the umpteenth time, like a dreadful premonition. He bit the inside of his cheek, squeezing his eyes shut as his ascent came to a sudden halt. Did he want this in the end? Was he even there? Did he really want to meet him again?

Obey that man's orders? The man who had done all this...

The thought unnerved him, made him squeamish and uncomfortable, made his accursed arm throb heatedly and most of all, made him afraid. Yet there was an inkling of hope welling deep down in his chest. A hope he'd once again be reunited with the man he once and still occasionally during a moment of weakness called his father.

Opening his doe-like eyes, he nodded. He had to press on. And so his journey continued... to its apparent final destination, towards the summit.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Violet looked at the little creature, as she was not capable of speaking she herself had become very concious about body language and for sure, the little creature wanted them to follow it. She knew for sure her little sister was eager to follow the cute being, but she herself still wasn't so sure. It might look all innocent, it might not be so innocent, or it could even be dangerous or bringing them to some pace dangerous. What she wanted for her sister now was savety. She didn't want to risk her getting hurt or even worse getting seperated again. She glanced at the man with the dangerous gun, she had no idea what he was thinking, but he seemed to have more experience with this area and he had pointed the gun at it. So to her idea the creature might very well be something dangerous.

She turned to her little sister, without leaving the little creature out of sight. She took another quick look at the man to be sure he couldnt see what she was saying. There weren't many people who could understand this unspoken language but she just had to be sure.
"What do you think? Do you trust any of them? And don't just look at how cute something can be. Everything can deceive you." She didnt have to remind her little sister of their stepfather who at first didnt seem that bad of a guy, not that they wanted him as father. But as neighboor he'd be good enough. Their mother never asked them about marrying that guy though, another thing of adults that really despised her, thinking children don't think of their own. Or atleast make it look like that.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
"What are you? What are you doing here?" The man asked the creature. Lara furrowed her brows. She felt strangely at ease now with this thing here. Plus, the creature had the attention the big man. Lara licked her lips once again and tried to voice her thoughts out “M-Mister, who are you? Do you live here?” Her eyes were wide with curiosity . One could say that Lara was very easily distracted. She could feel her sister getting troubled next to her so she took Violet’s free hand and squeezed it to reassure her. Although it felt more like she was the one being reassured.

Her sister whistled in warning. She knew she shouldn’t get too close to the creature, but she was just fascinated..that’s all.. She wouldn’t actually put them in danger…. ..Would she? The big man had gotten between them and the little creature. It almost looked like he wanted to protect them, she felt a weird tug inside her. She was reminded of her own papa. Her sweet daddy, who had left them so soon. Her face fell again and she frowned.

It appeared that the creature wanted them to follow it. She looked to her sister in askance. Though she was almost sure her sister wouldn’t let them follow the unnamed creature. "What do you think? Do you trust any of them? And don't just look at how cute something can be. Everything can deceive you."Lara pouted at her sisters questions. She felt as if being reprimanded like a little child. “I know that, Sis. I don’t know who to trust.. But the big man.. he ..” She hesitated to continue. “He doesn’t look like he is going to hurt us… he could have done that by now” She ended a little lamely.

“Just forget it” She shook her head back in forth “We can’t trust anyone” She said this all in sign language rather quickly. She didn’t want to take the chance of their conversation being… ‘listened in to’.. So to speak.

You can come with me. She nodded and gave her a small smile. But I do need you to be in human form. She said as she used her magic to make a set of clothing appear for Sathre. She used her magic to hide her wings and seem to become completely human. It was an easy spell to turn things invisible. As we are going to head now. I will wait for you outside. As she said this, she exitted Sathre's room, giving her enough time for her to change. SHe then walked to the entrance of the cave complex and waited for Sathre to come out. Once she was out, she began to fly down towards the middle of the mountain. She had arrived to a clearing and waited for Sathre to catch up, knowing that a demon like her would be with her in no time. She looked extremely human, just that her blonde hair looked golden, just as something that wasn't natural. She felt the shards starting to react to something as she began to get closer to the humans.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
“I know that, Sis. I don’t know who to trust.. But the big man.. he ..” She hesitated to continue and Violet already thought to know why. “He doesn’t look like he is going to hurt us… he could have done that by now.” Violet had thought about that aswell. It sure was true that the man could have easily hurt them already if he wanted to. And he DID take a protective stance against the little creature as if to protect them, but what if it was all a play? What if the little creature belonged to them man and this all happened to make them trust him?

“Just forget it”, she shook her head back in forth “We can’t trust anyone.” Violet couldnt do anything else but to agree to that. "Only eachother...Let's try to get out of here before the man or the creature notices it..." she changed her mind. "Never mind that, he has a gun. He might shoot us if we go to far. We don't know what he is capable of." She hugged her little sister shortly. "Let's follow that guy and make him believe we trust him. That way we might get more food and get to know more about this man. Then when he sleeps we go." Just as Lara she'd been 'talking' fast. Even if hte man turned around now and did understand signlanguage then it still would have been hard to follow. Violet knew lara would understand though, they had been 'talking' very fast for a long time to block it out from other people. You might see it as whispering.

David stared at the creature as it looked around curiously. It's sapphire eyes seemed to glow with an ethereal quality. It mewed and purred, though it sounded completely unlike a cat. David lowered his hunting rifle, now more intrigued than shocked. After he asked about the creatures origins, it seemed to understand his words. It tilted its head to the left, then shook it, the bells on its collar ringing. Raising a paw, it pointed at the two girls behind David. "Weep... weep... wep..." it called out. Turning and walking towards the bush it had appeared out of, it looked back, almost as if it were beckoning them to follow. David turned his head back to see how the girls reacted. Their hands were moving animatedly, gesturing to each other. David didn't know anything about sign language, so he presumed that they were discussing about the weird creature.

"Heh, you want us to follow you?" David remarked amusedly, turning his head back to look at the creature. It occured to him that the creature probably couldn't talk, but he wanted to get some answers first before he started following this creature. "First tell us what you are and who your master is," he said to the creature. "You're an odd-looking thing, so I'm going to bet that your master has some kind of unusual powers. Who is he, or she, or it? Was he the one hovering in the sky just now?"

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Sigma sighed,deeply and heavily. He layed down. In front of the humans.
With disappointment,he put,both of his paws on his black muzzle.
Just to demonstrate this big human,how much he was wrong.

The girls where still nervous. They smelled of distrust and underestimation. Was he judged by them, Stigma wondered.
He whined after looking at them,with a depressed whine.
"If Sigma manages to prove,he is harmless,would this humans follow him?" He thought.
"Hiis Mistress ordered.And it needs to be done.!" Sigma concluded.

He sat down and with a frown glanced at the big human's rifle. After that he heard the human ask : "Heh, you want us to follow you?"

Sigma noded.

"First tell us what you are and who your master is," Human said.

Sigma made a pouting face. And sighed again. He was totally uninterested in showing this man who his mistress was.

You're an odd-looking thing, so I'm going to bet that your master has some kind of unusual powers. Who is he, or she, or it? Was he the one hovering in the sky just now?"

He tryed to answer what he was first, by drawing a summoning simbols in the dirty soil.
He weeped again and sat straight with satisfaction written, all over his animal face. Then he looked at that man's eyes and waved his tail around.
Weep ep ..ep .eep...... He weeped, with joy. As he heard a sound of double pair of wings approaching.In distance.
His Mistress was coming. He was so sure of it. His ears could hear a sound a mile away. So he twiched his ears and weeped a song, as the birds fled from the tree line.

When his song stoped. He got up in a rush. And went to the human man.

Then he started to push him with his head.
He was impatient. So he grabed the man's trouser leg, and started to pull him towards the bushes, really strongly.

Meanwhile...

Sathre took the clothes that Cornelia offered her with gratitude.
And as Cornelia waited for her to finish dressing up,Sathre happily clapped her hands,when she was finished with it.And snapped her fingers to create a reflection of her in the wall.
A mirror appeared.
Dark green,tight pants, a loght green top,with a hole on the back. Perfect for her wings. Black leather boots,that went to her knees. The mirror vanished. And as it vanished Sathre grinned with approval and her eyes glowed. She was pleased.
She didn't forget to fasten her belt and check her weapons before she left the room.
"This will be interesting." She whispered. And closed the doors to her room.
She followed the Valkyria.walking fast,behind her. Passing shops and people. She was in a rush of the hunt. Notting could be more exciting for a demon's side of her.
Once she was near an exit of the cave. She released her wings of the spell. And took a deep breath of relief.
Sathre streached her black wings,feeling the wind. And flapped them a bit. Then she started to move them faster and faster and in a few second, she was in the air.
She flew ,following the Valkyra scent.Sathre made a few agile sharp twists and turns for practice. before she cought up with Cornelia.
When she was a few feet away from her,she slowed down.
Was that a smile on Cornelia's face?" Sathre asked herself.

"Shall we m'lady"? Sathre said in a pleased voice.

David watched as the creature used it paw and drew symbols on the ground. They were alien, and David didn't know what they meant. After the creature was finished, it waved its tail and looked up at David expectantly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked in puzzlement.

"Weep ep.. ep.. eep.." it called out suddenly. It seemed to be happy with something. Ears twitching, it started singing an odd song. It sounded remarkably like a bird's song, yet it was deeper, with a certain ethereal quality to it that David could not describe as he looked at its performance, confused. After awhile, the song subsided, and the creature sat there looking at David. Suddenly, it sprang up and ran towards him. David took a few steps back, but the creature was simply too fast. It reached him and started nudging his leg with its head. Grabbing his trouser leg, it began pulling him towards the bushes it had appeared from. David was startled by how powerful it was, and for a moment he was forced to follow it as it moved along, but he steadied himself, trying to stay in place. His pace slowed down, but the creature was too powerful, and he could not resist its pull entirely.

"Where do you get that kind of strength from?" he called out. Turning back, he saw the two girls, still unmoving in their places. Raising his rifle, he pointed it at the creature, making sure that it saw him. "Look," he started. "I don't know where you're from or even what the heck you are. Don't expect me to just follow you without a proper explanation!"

(OOC: I may seem stubborn, but seriously, I don't think anyone in their right mind would follow a weird creature into a bush. :scared:)

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
( OCC : I wouldn't too..actually :p )

Sigma let the man go and whined sadly. He started to back off. And he lowered his ears down. His eyes where on the rifle.
He wouldn't got hurt by the rifle. The wound would heal cos of his bond with the mistress. But he was so sad the task he got from her, failed.

He sneezed. And looked at the man with confusion in his eyes. He really did not know what to do any more.
A light growl muffled through him and then stoped.

He can always try again. Sigma thought.
So he did try again,he slowly approched the man and snuggled to him. Trying to ignore the rifle in the man's hands.

The Jest

Beneath the Mask...
(Thank you Wolf. ^_^)

Tha boy jumped off the branch looking at Ayame. "Kind of. I'm actually here for a more important reason. ...Heh, You're a pretty good medium. It's amazing you've yet to gain contact with more dangerous ghosts, like wraiths. No need to hide it, I already know you talk to ghosts, and yes I can see you two, a boy and a girl. ...I'm a bit of a medium myself. Something I got from my father." The boy said. "The only thing I truly got from him that I liked." He thought, looking like he was somewhere else. then shook himself back to reality. "Anyways, Nice meet you three. My name's Kaos. I know it's a wierd name." The boy said as he gave a chuckle.

"Oh, don't be such a baby." Something said, but something wasn't right. It wasn't the same voice, it was....David's voice? All of a sudden, sliding down the trees like a pole was a man. Clearly he wasn't David, but he looked exactly like him, even looks like he had the same rifle. For him, it would be like looking into a mirror. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I startle me, or were you too busy startling yourself?" He asked.

The man who looked like Kiba stood there by Dylan's camp for some time even as Dylan left, until the wind blew his way. He opened his single eye, as if he made a decision, and dashed towards Wolf Mountain at enough speed to leave afterimages behind.

Cornelia was indeed smiling. She turned back to stare at Sathre as she landed. She smiled even wider. It is good you already caught up. You are fast. As she said this, she moved her hand in the air in front of her. Kanervalan kasvatiksi, Tapiolan tarpojaksi Olen syntynt' sotijalo, Varttunt' vaeltaja vahva. She chanted in the air, as the invisible coating also veiled Sathre's wings. With this, you can have your wings out and nobody will see them. She laughed a little bit and folded her wings. She began walking closer towards the intruders that she had visioned before. What is this creature...this monster you say that you felt his presence. Is it powerful? As she said this, she could take a glance of the humans, between some of the trees that were in the forest. She was feets away, yet the trees covered her from them sight. What people could see was barely a set of golden hai hiding within the leaves.

Ayame felt a hand on her shoulder as the boy jumped off the tree. "Kind of," the boy began. "I'm actually here for a more important reason. Heh, You're a pretty good medium. It's amazing you've yet to gain contact with more dangerous ghosts, like wraiths. No need to hide it, I already know you talk to ghosts, and yes I can see you two, a boy and a girl." he continued, glancing at Ethan and Lacy as they reappeared. "I'm a bit of a medium myself. Something I got from my father. Anyways, Nice meet you three. My name's Kaos. I know it's a wierd name." he finished, laughing slightly. Ethan eyed the boy warily, having yet to decide whether he was a threat or not. Lacy whispered something to Ethan, so quietly that Ayame could barely hear what she was saying, she doubted that Kaos could hear any of it. Throughout the conversation, Ethan never took his eyes off of Kaos, analysing his every movement.

Ayame's gaze traveled from Kaos to her friends, and then locked on Ethan. "Keep him talking while Lacy and I talk, we don't want him 'listening' in" his eyes read. Ayame looked back towards Kaos, "Your name isn't weird. People are named for a reason, besides who's to say what's strange and what's not? I never really understood the difference between weird and normal anyways," she went on. Ayame had always been called 'weird' by her peers just because she could see ghosts. It was normal for her, after all Ayame couldn't imagined what it would be like if she couldn't. But what she considered normal, most people didn't. "So you said I was a medium? Is that what they call people who can see ghosts? And those dangerous ghosts, the wraiths? Most of the ghosts that I have met either lumbered around lifelessly, dully or they're like my friends..." Ayame trailed off, blushing. Asking too many questions again... But it wasn't like she could help it, Ayame never really knew anything about why she could see ghosts, much less anything that had to do with it. Ever since she could remember, she was at the orphanage. And it wasn't like the adults there ever believed her when she told them she could see ghosts or nymphs or anything they couldn't see for that matter.

----
OOC: I should probably make chara sheets for Ethan and Lacy... ><

Diva Elly

Emmie was here
Keith bit back at a curse at his diminutive form as he continued to climb the mountainside which, to his chagrin, was growing steeper and steeper still. Blowing a bang of hair off of his face in annoyance, he then noticed two people up ahead. A girl and a boy. The former seemed tense somehow, like a hare just waiting for its chance to dart off into the woods out of a predator's line of sight. He then noticed her relax a bit as she talked, her body language screaming of embarassment.

"...the wraiths? Most of the ghosts that I have met either lumbered around lifelessly, dully or they're like my friends..." He heard as he came closer to the two, hearing her trail off. Swallowing and releasing a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding, he summoned to courage to speak:

"Umm... e-excuse me, but... is this the trail to the summit?" With an inward growl, he reprimanded himself for his nervous stutter. Both being mediums, if Ayame or Kaos were to take a look at him, however, the sight of a flushed, young teen wouldn't be the only thing they saw.

Above the poor boy's petite form floated a humongous mass of black and red. It was vaguely shaped like a human, yet lacking any lower torso as it floated above Keith like a wrathful revenant. Its arms were frightening, as thick as tree trunks and claws like scythes. Softly swaying chains snaked out from under its mist-like robes, all coiled tightly around Keith. But its most unsettling feature was its eyes, twin orbs of flaming orange that pierced through the creature's initial darkness and into the mind's abyss of any spectator.

Keith himself seemed entirely unaware of the revenant's existence as it stared deep and long at Ayame and Kaos, hungry and depraved.

"Umm... e-excuse me, but... is this the trail to the summit?" a meek voice asked. Before Ayame had a chance to see who the owner of the voice was Ethan and Lacy pulled Ayame back, causing her to stumble. "Hey what--" she regained her footing and saw a boy. He was younger than she was, had black hair, tan, and was wearing a hood over his head. In a sense he was actually cute, he reminded her of the kids at the orphanage she had been at. But floating above him was what made Ethan and Lacy try and grab her away. It was horrible, reminded her of how the other lifeless ghosts had looked like around the orphanage, but a thousand times worse. It was human shaped, but had no legs, its arms weren't really arms but claws, big, sharp and deadly. It's eyes seemed to pierce into her, staring at her as if she would make a delicious afternoon snack. The most depressing thing was that it was chained to the poor kid, and he didn't even notice. Ayame tore her eyes away from the monster, "Kaos, do you see that too?" she whispered soft enough that the boy couldn't hear them. It was probably bad enough what her reaction was, she didn't want to scare him away entirely... She gulped knowing that she had to say something to the boy. He wasn't scary in the slightest, it was just that malevolent creature above him. But if that thing chained to him hadn't done anything to harm him, to make him notice it's presence, then it couldn't be so bad. Right? "Yes this is the way to the summit... May I ask why you're going up there?" Ayame breathed out, surprised at how steady and clear her voice sounded.

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Diamond Parenthesis woke up from her dreamless sleep. Over the course of the night, she had received a letter from the Princess. She opened the letter and skimmed through it. It was mostly just the Princess giving her encouragement and advice, so she closed it and put it into her bag. Dia trotted out of the tent and packed it into her bag, together with the letter. She stopped to refill her waterskin with the water from the lake before continuing her journey. Whisking the map from her bag and unrolling it with magic, she plotted the path she would take to continue up wolf mountain.

As she was walking along a clear forest path, she heard a loud voice boom, "Because she's mute, you dumbass!" This voice made Dia jump in fright, she galloped for the nearest bush, jumped in and hid in there. Peering out of the bushes, she saw no one there. Then she looked down at the path she had been trotting on. There were muddy footprints, and these footprints were headed in the same direction as she was. She looked around to make sure she was safe, then hopped out of the bush to examine them. They were the footprints of an unknown creature, and there seemed to be two of them, whatever they were.

Since it was her mission to find out about unknown creatures, Dia decided to follow the trail that they had left.