Women and tradtion

I do not feel like looking up articles so don't ask me to. This comes simply from experience. I have been wondering about this for awhile and yesterday at school it happened again.

We were on line and this guy let the girls ahead go first to talk to the professor. But the professor clearly stated he is not allowed to give special treatment to student,. The girls said that he was just being a gentlemen and thats when brought up equality. The girls shut their mouths when I asked them about wanting to be equal.

So what do you think of this. Being a gentleman is said to be a good thing but it goes against all the shit women talk about wanting to be equal.

Do they only desire to be equal when it benefits them? And when it doesn't being a gentlemen is better? There is no equity in that kind of thinking.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Being a gentleman within the context of your premise imply that a man will treat a woman more than just equal, that is by sacrificing his rights for her sake.
Since the act is of voluntary nature, it doesn't contradict feminists argument for equal treatment of which stemmed out from involuntary submission.

Involuntary Submission. sacrfising his rights?

Well I can give you other examples were the women almost demanded such treatment but its not needed

Voluntary or not , special unequal treatment is being created(which is against their principles)....its like saying its o.k to treat someone miserable and inferior if the person voluntary decided to be treater that way.

They only speak up when it doesn't benefit them. when it does it o,k. This is the behavior which disturbs me so much. And now your going to tell me loophole to this is if the guy wants to treat her that way she should let him even if it goes against this equal shit she sill most likely spout if this unequal treatment harmed here instead of benefited her.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
If a rich man donate a little money to a beggar, he will not be blamed for treating the beggar unequally (by giving him special treatment) since the act is voluntary and the lost of private property is only limited to the person that rescind his right. But in your case, it seems that I've misread your scenario. If it's in a queue line, then the man is acting selfish and unjust by equating all the men behind him as consenting for their rights to be rescinded for the women.

If a rich man donate a little money to a beggar, he will not be blamed for treating the beggar unequally (by giving him a special treatment) since the act is voluntary and the lost of private property is only limited to the person that rescind his right. But in your case, it seems that I have misread your scenario. If it's in a queue line, then the man is acting selfish and unjus by equating all the men behind him as consenting that their rights are being rescinded for the women.
Of course he wont be blamed but thats not a good scenario. A fitting scenario would be if thee beggar clearly says he/she wont except unequal treatment and to be treats Exactly like everyone else. Now this beggar accepting the money with ease when it goes against his principles simply because it benefits him when he wouldn't if it went against his principles and harmed is acting hypocritical in every sense of the word..

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Equal treatment does not prohibit voluntary sacrifice because the root of equal treatment stemmed out from protest against involuntary submission.

Equal treatment does not prohibit voluntary sacrifice because the root of equal treatment stemmed out from protest against involuntary submission.
What ever the root is doesn't change the meaning of it today. Its not equal or greater treatment or not less treatment but equal treatment. And to many women are using that principle selectively and to their advantage.

"I demand to be treated exactly like you , except when its better not to"....is more like it .

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Voluntary act cannot be demanded, otherwise it will become involuntary submission - thus why equality and voluntary act are not necessarily contradicting.

Voluntary act cannot be demanded, otherwise it will become involuntary submission - thus why equality and voluntary act are not necessarily contradicting.
When a women accepts and encourages the act it stops being that.

A women can easily say no . No one is forcing her to go against her principle of no special treatment.

Your word's just seem like a loophole your trying to create.

Here's an argument I had with an acquaintance

Him- "Hitting a woman is never okay!"
Me- "What about hitting a man?"
Him- "Sure, in certain circumstances."
Me- "I'm sure you've heard of the phrase 'double standard' before. What you just said is sexism."
Him- "Girls are weaker."
Me- "What if a particular girl happens to be stronger than you?"

et cetera.

Sexism is still strong.

Here's an argument I had with an acquaintance

Him- "Hitting a woman is never okay!"
Me- "What about hitting a man?"
Him- "Sure, in certain circumstances."
Me- "I'm sure you've heard of the phrase 'double standard' before. What you just said is sexism."
Him- "Girls are weaker."
Me- "What if a particular girl happens to be stronger than you?"

et cetera.

Sexism is still strong.
The problem is were some were between old traditional ways of looking at women and new 'equal' rights ways. So a women can easily exploit both to her advantage.

Oranges

Complimentary
So what do you think of this. Being a gentleman is said to be a good thing but it goes against all the shit women talk about wanting to be equal.
Assuming the modern interpretation of a gentleman the teacher was rude to say such a thing as they were unaware as to whether or not the 'gentleman' would have told a male student to speak to the teacher before him. In this case it may have simply been someone who thought their question might be time occupying or would rather it not be public and didn't want to bother the other person and that was their reason. A teacher of all people should be aware of this and was likely flaunting a personal opinion.

Assuming the modern interpretation of a gentleman the teacher was rude to say such a thing as they were unaware as to whether or not the 'gentleman' would have told a male student to speak to the teacher before him. In this case it may have simply been someone who thought their question might be time occupying or would rather it not be public and didn't want to bother the other person and that was their reason. A teacher of all people should be aware of this and was likely flaunting a personal opinion.
I don't care about whats just in this case. The point of the thread is to go beyond that into tradition vs modern view of how women should be treated.....why do people always try to solve the siuations I give when thats not the point of the thread.

Oranges

Complimentary
I don't care about whats just in this case. The point of the thread is to go beyond that into tradition vs modern view of how women should be treated.....why do people always try to solve the siuations I give when thats not the point of the thread.
Because it's an explanation that wasn't considered and demonstrates how touchy people are about shit they have no control over, are incapable of controlling or can't be bothered to control. Traditionally, I may add, the woman would have been expected to let the man discuss with the professor first, not only because women were not traditionally in school until recently, and secondly whatever she wished to discuss likely wasn't as important as what 'he' wanted to discuss.

In regards to your traditional vs modern view of women, I cannot speak for the modern as mine is extremely different from others views and focuses of what equality is; however, under the understanding of traditional views women were seen as objects and as things to kept in a closet, despite what Ernest may try to convince you of. This view has in many places been debunked because of women rights activists, who I may add do not seek equality, and a change of societies leaders.

Traditionally, I may add, the woman would have been expected to let the man discuss with the professor first, not only because women were not traditionally in school until recently, and secondly whatever she wished to discuss likely wasn't as important as what 'he' wanted to discuss.
Those same traditions also give her special treatment. Or maybe traditions is not the right word but what ever would label you a gentlemen for treating her special. And I couldn't give a shit less about everything else in your post.

The problem is were some were between old traditional ways of looking at women and new 'equal' rights ways. So a women can easily exploit both to her advantage.
Hmn, well this isn't a topic I know much about. I generally treat women the same as men.

Pisses my girlfriend's father off pretty bad.

I just reply "Hey, I wouldn't expect her to do that for me." and he looks at me like I have three heads.

Oranges

Complimentary
Those same traditions also give her special treatment. Or maybe traditions is not the right word but what ever would label you a gentlemen for treating her special. And I couldn't give a shit less about everything else in your post.
So you're just trololololing around? If I treat my girlfriend special, am I a gentleman? If I'm polite and open the door am I a gentleman? No; you're stupid to think so.

Wanting to go deeper then the problem mentioned in the OP will never happen if you can't understand basic concepts.

Core

Fascinating...
In the past being a gentlemen meant a whole lot more then a few simple gestures.

Nowadays getting your head out of your ass constitutes as being a gentlemen.

But that aside: Treating women the same as men is retarded. Different physiological build + mental structure.

It is like wanting to treat a dog like a wolf and vice versa.

Still most women claim they dont want special treatment but what they really want is not to seem like they are any less capable.
(You can swap out women for men here if they are the the ones receiving special treatment)
You see this behavior all the time with people who are sick/wounded.

In reality equality is not so much a question of who is capable and more about: Who is watching.