Xiga's Patterns!

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
It's CnC time!

You have built some intricate patterns, though, I don't like the squared paper. I know that it facilitate the drawing, but it's better off with office printer paper. They are cheaper if bought in a stack. They get yellowed, sure, and the crease if you rub and doesn't have indents for the pencil - but they are best for you to practice on. Use kaleidoscope and Celtic pattern first, and built up from there.

Get GIMP - gimp will help you clean your scans(scans, right?) - it's a free, but powerful software. I will make a tutorial using GIMP for cleaning scans. And to resize it in a comfortable size.

Some of your images look halves? Get an account in Tinypic and Photobucket as well.

For the last ones, buy a couple of 2B, 4B and 2H pencils - they are specifically made for drawing, unlike the HB pencils(which are writing pencils).

Get some cash and buy Staedtler Mars Lumograph pencils - they are one of the highly available pencils, and one of the best, too. They are either sold in sets(expensive) or separately(cheaper) - get pencils of those aforementioned pencil Values.

Anticipating for more. KIU.

Xiga

It's CnC time!

You have built some intricate patterns, though, I don't like the squared paper. I know that it facilitate the drawing, but it's better off with office printer paper. They are cheaper if bought in a stack. They get yellowed, sure, and the crease if you rub and doesn't have indents for the pencil - but they are best for you to practice on. Use kaleidoscope and Celtic pattern first, and built up from there.

Get GIMP - gimp will help you clean your scans(scans, right?) - it's a free, but powerful software. I will make a tutorial using GIMP for cleaning scans. And to resize it in a comfortable size.

Some of your images look halves? Get an account in Tinypic and Photobucket as well.

For the last ones, buy a couple of 2B, 4B and 2H pencils - they are specifically made for drawing, unlike the HB pencils(which are writing pencils).

Get some cash and buy Staedtler Mars Lumograph pencils - they are one of the highly available pencils, and one of the best, too. They are either sold in sets(expensive) or separately(cheaper) - get pencils of those aforementioned pencil Values.

Anticipating for more. KIU.

Ah... I have Photoshop, and better pencils. I haven't cleaned these, And most of my patterns are drawn during school time ^^'

I have done other things as well; These aremore of sketches.

Xiga

[MENTION=192]moi[/MENTION]; Not in particular... I usually start off a pattern when I'm bored or just listening to whatever's going on. Most of these are made in school during lectures, Kind of like phone scribbling. At times a name or a request gets me going. As the one above, it was made for Noex1337 xP One on the front was made for a user called Darkdrago666 on RPG, and the one with the heart, rainbow colored, Is also made for someone.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Oh wow ~ <3 I really like the coloured ones.. especially the blueish purplish in the middle~.,. Its really nicely done.
How long does it take to finish one pattern? Does it take a lot of time? And I can see you do it all with the hand :O ever tried to do it on for example photoshop ?

Xiga

Can you make me one *puppy eyes* I promise i ll put it in mah sig <.<

You are really good at it . =3 <3
[MENTION=1240]Arachna[/MENTION]
Sure =) Youll have to answer this though xP
Big/small?
Advanced/simplified?
Spiky/round?
Random/symetrical? /(Im better with symetrical.)

And thank you for the compliment~~ =D! You don't have to put it in your sig, but it's appriciated^^ I can even make a sig sized one as well as original sized? If you want that is.

Oh wow ~ <3 I really like the coloured ones.. especially the blueish purplish in the middle~.,. Its really nicely done.
How long does it take to finish one pattern? Does it take a lot of time? And I can see you do it all with the hand :O ever tried to do it on for example photoshop ?
[MENTION=166]Lily[/MENTION]
Thank you x3 Me to. But I like the light blue one better xP And the rainbow one. It doesn't take too long. I did Noex during... Around 2 hours (Not straight. I multitasked/eated/scanned etc etc skyped... Did lots of other stuff.) And I haven't tried making a pattern in Photoshop from scratch, but I use it to color the patterns. The reason that I havent used photoshop from scratch is that its grid system semi locks the pencil from doing curvy or diagonal lines and instead draws the lines along the grids...

And I almost always draw on gridded paper (ohohoh cheater much~~?)

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
[MENTION=1240]Arachna[/MENTION]
Sure =) Youll have to answer this though xP
Big/small?
Advanced/simplified?
Spiky/round?
Random/symetrical? /(Im better with symetrical.)

And thank you for the compliment~~ =D! You don't have to put it in your sig, but it's appriciated^^ I can even make a sig sized one as well as original sized? If you want that is.
Small / Advanced / Spiky / Symetric ( since you are better at it) Black and red are my fav colors. <.<

And sure i ll put it in mah sig. O.O

It is a must....

And not a problem regarding saying you are good. Cos you really are..

Xiga

Small / Advanced / Spiky / Symetric ( since you are better at it) Black and red are my fav colors. <.<

And sure i ll put it in mah sig. O.O

It is a must....

And not a problem regarding saying you are good. Cos you really are..
Thank you tahank you