Assassin's Creed AG Discussion Thread [Game Over]

Sanae

Staff member
Eh, we have a band wagon going on already? Who and why so? Or, is it just day one random vote? If that's the case, I'd rather not vote today :\

*Sees no point in voting "No vote" xD

Stein

The doctor is in.
Oh and just a few things ladies and gents:

1.) On the whole "Kitty is/isn't a merchant/banker/merchant-banker/gogo dancer" issue. Y'know, though she may have worded it wrongly with her description, and though it may be somewhat suspicious (I'll admit, I've still got my caution flags up too). If you take a few seconds, really, all a banker does IS sell the service of safeguarding one's money, so as to prevent theft. We pay banks also (paying them interest and things of that nature). So, in a round about way, bankers are somewhat like merchants: they provide us with a good/service that we want and are therefore willing to pay money for.

((Though I will admit Kitty, you kinda got a little passive aggressive and condescending. But that's really neither here nor there))

2.) I never really understood this from my previous (my first) AG either: but what exactly is so wrong with lurking? I don't do it, but I just want to understand. How exactly does it correlate with one being evil?

3.) And has anyone stopped to consider that it might not just be the Templars or the Assassins that are the 'assassins' of this game? It could be that both factions have members with the ability to kill. Unless I'm missing something here.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Mh...there is really no valid reason to vote for anyone.
Except Crestham. And it isn't even releated to the game.
lolz
I ll rather leave it empty then to vote for someone just cos i must.

Oh hey, it turns out that this game started at a less than ideal time for me.

But I read all the pages.

Nothing interesting to me. Not sure how to find the people I need either :(

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Oh and just a few things ladies and gents:

1.) On the whole "Kitty is/isn't a merchant/banker/merchant-banker/gogo dancer" issue. Y'know, though she may have worded it wrongly with her description, and though it may be somewhat suspicious (I'll admit, I've still got my caution flags up too). If you take a few seconds, really, all a banker does IS sell the service of safeguarding one's money, so as to prevent theft. We pay banks also (paying them interest and things of that nature). So, in a round about way, bankers are somewhat like merchants: they provide us with a good/service that we want and are therefore willing to pay money for.

((Though I will admit Kitty, you kinda got a little passive aggressive and condescending. But that's really neither here nor there))

2.) I never really understood this from my previous (my first) AG either: but what exactly is so wrong with lurking? I don't do it, but I just want to understand. How exactly does it correlate with one being evil?

3.) And has anyone stopped to consider that it might not just be the Templars or the Assassins that are the 'assassins' of this game? It could be that both factions have members with the ability to kill. Unless I'm missing something here.
Well to reply:
1) When I think of the banker from the game, all they did was store money for you. Not to mention, if you look at that rolesheet, it says Merchant Guild -> Which means there is more then one player in this group (Most likely), which tells me why would the banker have to sell these services when there are other players who can sell services?
Like I said, I don't think Aker/Kitty is bad and they might be the Banker, but I think they are Lying and hiding something (ignoring the personal goal, which he admitted to hiding which makes sense). That is why I'm not voting or taking action against Aker, since I don't think he is bad, but I think he is a liar and people should be careful with dealing with him.

2) Well, Lurkers are hiding and don't contribute anything. Typically this will cause them to be less associated with the active-posters and hurt us rather then help us.
Its not bad, but it doesn't help anyone. Also, people tend to believe lurkers are evil because the only reason for them not to post is because they are hiding something. Not that I agree with this logic, but I also dislike lurkers because they just harm us rather then help, though I rarely go after any myself.

3) Well, this game is a bit special, since it doesn't present a real assassin group. I believe the Templars are the intended assassin (bad group) because of their goal ("have more members then the rest of the non-Templars"), but because the Templars can choice to just go to war with the assassins only, citizens and neutrals can really join either side. So its more complex then usual, either by the GM failing to realize the flaw in the goals or him screwing with us.

noex1337

Emmie was here
RNG = Random Number Generator (They use it to pick a player to lynch for their vote. They also don't expect others to follow their vote, its more of a placeholder on Day 1).
People do it sometimes. Its stupid and a waste of time, but you can't make everyone act smart in a game, sadly enough~

Also - Everyone who jumped on the kulitman vote is on my suspect list as of now. You don't give him a chance to defend himself when his vote was most likely RNG. You honestly think anyone bad would be stupid enough to start a lynch like that? Please think before voting in the future, thank you~
Day 1 of an AG is consistently idiotic, lynch wise. Basically, the only way not to get lynched is to be a lurker and vote before the day ends. You vote first, you're a lynch target. You don't give explanation, you're a lynch target. You do "no vote", you're a lynch target. You vote yourself, you're a lynch target. I've pretty much given up thinking on day 1 and left it to RNG, because of such foolishness.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Day 1 of an AG is consistently idiotic, lynch wise. Basically, the only way not to get lynched is to be a lurker and vote before the day ends. You vote first, you're a lynch target. You don't give explanation, you're a lynch target. You do "no vote", you're a lynch target. You vote yourself, you're a lynch target. I've pretty much given up thinking on day 1 and left it to RNG, because of such foolishness.
Actually, no.
That is what happens when the general public is nothing more then mindless sheep.
If you vote first and make it clear why you are voting for that person, then you are fine.
So RNG the first vote = Stupid.
But saying "This person lied to us in the thread" = Good enough people won't just sheep you to death.

Your theory applies to MF, but don't just assume it applies everywhere else. Most people here (ignoring the 5-7 who jumped on kulitman for no apparent reason), are not going to lynch you for throwing a lynch target idea out, unless it is obvious you are doing it just to kill the target in a way that doesn't help the general public.

Also, when in doubt if your lynch could be questioned - Use the discussion thread. Say why you want to lynch the person and see if people support it. This thread is here for our usage after all~

noex1337

Emmie was here
Actually, no.
That is what happens when the general public is nothing more then mindless sheep.
If you vote first and make it clear why you are voting for that person, then you are fine.
So RNG the first vote = Stupid.
But saying "This person lied to us in the thread" = Good enough people won't just sheep you to death.

Your theory applies to MF, but don't just assume it applies everywhere else. Most people here (ignoring the 5-7 who jumped on kulitman for no apparent reason), are not going to lynch you for throwing a lynch target idea out, unless it is obvious you are doing it just to kill the target in a way that doesn't help the general public.

Also, when in doubt if your lynch could be questioned - Use the discussion thread. Say why you want to lynch the person and see if people support it. This thread is here for our usage after all~
Shadowwolf also says hi. And yeah, that happened to me in your batman game, so I think that theory applies here as well.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Lol

Can we lynch ourselfs? Also?

Come on. Seriously. Forget what happened before. <3
This is a new game. Enjoy it.

So..there is..how many players all together?
if you take half is citizens ( a few everyone needs = like the merchant) ,and the other half is assasins / templars . It gets interesting ot try guessing who is who.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Well, I dont know how AG's usually work~ The only reason I voted for Kulitman is because he voted for me. Maybe Ill change it~ though we dont really have much going yet :3

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Shadowwolf also says hi. And yeah, that happened to me in your batman game, so I think that theory applies here as well.
Ah, I won't deny it happened here in the past.
Look at the player list. Lots of new faces and they already appear to not fall into the moronic trends that plagued MF, such as sheeping mindlessly.
New start in this AG, too many new players to assume old trends will occur here~