Anime Recommendation Thread

sweet list ^^ here's my recommendation
neon genesis evangelion
In the year 2015, the Angels, huge, tremendously powerful, alien war machines, appear in Tokyo for the second time. The only hope for Mankind's survival lies in the Evangelion, a humanoid fighting machine developed by NERV, a special United Nations agency. Capable of withstanding anything the Angels can dish out, the Evangelion's one drawback lies in the limited number of people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers, all born fourteen years ago, nine months after the Angels first appeared, are able to interface with the Evangelion. One such teenager is Shinji Ikari, whose father heads the NERV team that developed and maintains the Evangelion. Thrust into a maelstrom of battle and events that he does not understand, Shinji is forced to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything.

Sanae

Staff member
I've been back and forth with watching to watch anime. What can you guys recommend that is full of shoujo-y goodness with a mix of comedy, and action is ok.. Or, something similar to Kamon, Clannad, and Air TV ^__^ I'm one of those weird ones who actually like English Dubs >_>;;

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
@Pangary : yah when we made the switch, all the coding got messed upim gonna work on it right now and get it back working@Gene : okay i'll add yours ^^

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
oh i seeis it possible to allow more like just for a specific thread?cause i would have to make another thread once i reach 10 people :/Added your recommendation Gene

Guyver, Record of Lodoss War, Mobile Suit Gundam, Memories(film), Devilman, Genesis of Aquarion, Outlaw Star, Blue Gender, Pet Shop of Horrors, Soul Eater,Keroro Guns?, Tenjou Tenge, Sumomomo Momomo: The Strongest Bride on Earth -- to name a few. : D

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
Eureka seveNJust rewatched it with my Panda ^_^Definitely the best anime I've ever seen. Yes, better than Code Geass. Even better the second time ^^As for adding others to my list, I'd say: Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Knight, Gunslinger Girl, Desert Punk (Sunabouzu)...haven't seen very many. I play video games and learn about computers too much >.>"

N

Neji-kun

Well I've watched plenty of anime. Some recommendations I can think of are...Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Clannad, Darker than Black, Durarara!, Angel Beats!, Elfen LiedGurren Lagann, FLCL, Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex.Some current ongoing or airing anime's that I will recommend that are doing pretty good...Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, Fractale, Gosick Mahou Shoujo Madoka and Kimi ni Todoke.

Franken Stein

Spiral Power!!
Staff member
OO looks i haven't recommended any....well i recommend Seitokai YakuindomoIts freaking hilariousIts one of those that really doesn't have a plotso its one you can have a snack while you watchIts full of innuendos that just make ya laugh xD

This is a general thread to discuss anime recommendations.

I like mostly mainstream series, but comedy and romance are also options.

I want some good mecha series (I've already watched CG, Guren lagann (i dun liek) and most Gundam).

Eureka Seven, Macross Frontier, Star Driver.

Can't think of anything else. The best of them is Macross Frontier, the worst I'd have to go with Star Driver...

But you've probably seen them already. You just forgot to type it down, ne?