Awesome 2:Electric Boogaloo

And from what I hear, I haven't missed out a lot by not playing FFTAdvance?
You haven't missed anything good if that's what you're asking. Tactics Advance shifted the entire paradigm from "dark story of betrayal and false religion drawing parallels to the French Revolution" to "Final Fantasy is my favorite book! I wish I could live inside it!" The old detailed sprites turned into amorphous eye-burning blobs and the music degraded into light,boppy,kid-friendliness along with the art design.

It turned this:

into this:

And this:
[YOUTUBE]rVrQv36YFgg[/YOUTUBE]

into this:
[YOUTUBE]a-cuFUsMySc&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Some seem to praise Tactics Advance for starring a character that is debatably more villain than hero,but the plodding pace (You want the next story battle? Sorry,you have to keep doing unrelated sidequests.) and childish characters,paired with the alterations to the skill system that only retard your character progress and the arbitrary law system that serves only to punish you (You use soldiers and paladins? Sorry,swords are banned now. Why can't you be more like those guys and use 5 archers? You'll never see an anti-bow law when you fight against them. Hey! You got some archers! Sorry,ranged attacks are banned now. Who uses archers anyway? Paladins are where it's at.) make it an inferior product to the original in all regards as far as I'm concerned. A2 cleaned up the law system a bit,but you still occasionally have to go into battle against bullshit like "don't miss".

FF Tactics is a hard act to follow,it's an awesome game easily on par with Tactics Ogre if not better for it's deeper customization. What makes Tactics Advance truly terrible isn't just the fact that it's a bad game by comparison,it's the fact that it's the new standard for the brand. The kiddy Tactics Advance image of Ivalice with bunny girls and lizard men is the canon image instead of the darker and far more interesting feudal land painted in Tactics. I'm sure Square intends to bind the two worlds by saying Tactics is set in the future after the fall of all the beast races,but that doesn't change the fact that when Tactics A3 inevitably crawls onto handhelds,it won't be Tactics anymore.

Just get an ISO of FF Tactics,apply the FF Hacktics 1.3 patch,and bask in the good kind of pain.

...Another Pervert....Competition is fierce!
I don't think I care much for that accusation,I've hardly left a line behind to give anyone that impression. You are mistaken.

I was going by a much different handle there than I am now,it's entirely possible that we did,but I don't remember much from it. I left rather disgruntled and was glad to be done with it.

I keep waiting for someone to figure out my super secret identity,or I could just post these and see if Emmy shits a brick house made of nostalgia. And poop.