Final Fantasy XIII- 2

Alyss

=Vampiress=
The trailer:

[youtube]<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZvO4DcGQ8E4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZvO4DcGQ8E4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>[/youtube]

Holy craaap, and I haven't even played the first game yet! >o<

I need to grind another hour so I can finish the game... D: the game was good and I liked the combat system, even thought most people hate it. What I didn't like was that you continuously had to grind .-. I grinded 4 hours on the planes to go to the city, go through the maze looking thingy to get teleported to a room where there was some new superpowered beasts was waiting, which I couldn't defeat OTL

thought, I hope the XIII-2 will be better on it <3 story seems pretty good from the trailer at least

Alyss

=Vampiress=
I know right??? @______@

I already hate how they're not putting versus XIII out this year, so XIII- 2 better be really good... >o>

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
I really don't like Claire's new outfit. I mean, why change the previous one when it was good? The whole concept of a sexy female armour? Sexist. Not to mention, did you see anyone wearing a traditional iron armour like that in XIII? I have no idea where it came from. I will probably buy it anyway, because I really loved the story telling and easy battles (x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x win). Then again, I hated how linear it was.

Well I thought the new armor looked awesome and neat ._. well I guess there is some people that lust for pixels and would blah blah, but I fail to understand how you got to the conclusion that females wearing armor is sexist... *is also a big fan of Kayle, and got the battleborn skin* then again I prefer female armor types since they give a lot more mobility then the male ones. Its personal opinions, whether you want t be able to jump around and dodge or just be able to take a thousand slaps without falling.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, Kayle's armour isn't in any way as revealing as that one. Here's an example of fail:

18+ warning:

Seriously, full armour can be cool, no need to unnecessary reveal so much skin:

Well, her first set of cloths revealed more skin then her new one =/ the only exception is she covers up her legs but reaveals more at the hip, which is actually a good idea, since it doesn't get in your way while moving. I wouldn't consider Claire's armor to be a "sexy armor" after viewing those pics

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Guh......

Lightning (sorry Emmie, but I like her nickname) new clothes just, awkward....

Prefer the original clothing...

Nevertheless, can't wait xD

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
Ladies ladies. Did you miss me? I'm glad to see some people who aren't hating on XIII.

[quote name='Alyss' timestamp='1307520273' post='148977']Holy craaap, and I haven't even played the first game yet! >o<

[/quote]

Chillax, you've got plenty of time to catch up. XIII-2 isn't due out until next Spring or Summer at the earliest. You can net XIII for about $20 at Gamestop.

[quote name='Alyss' timestamp='1307522424' post='148997']

I know right??? @______@

I already hate how they're not putting versus XIII out this year, so XIII- 2 better be really good... >o>

[/quote]

You and me both sister. No lie. The only reason I bought a PS3 was for Guns of the Patriots and Versus XIII. I got my Snake now I want my Noctis.

[quote name='Avan Onee-chan' timestamp='1307522101' post='148994']

I need to grind another hour so I can finish the game... D: the game was good and I liked the combat system, even thought most people hate it. What I didn't like was that you continuously had to grind .-. I grinded 4 hours on the planes to go to the city, go through the maze looking thingy to get teleported to a room where there was some new superpowered beasts was waiting, which I couldn't defeat OTL[/quote]

Yeah I feel you. You think that's bad let me tell you my story. A couple months ago I was about five hours away from the end of FFXIII when my PS3 died on me. Lost all my data, had to get it repaired, and now I have to start all the way over from the beginning. I've been knee deep in XIII for about two weeks now and I'm at the part where Sazh and Vanille are going to see the chocobos and I "haven't" been grinding like I did the first time through. When Chapter 11 rolls around I am so going to pay for it.

[quote name='Avan Onee-chan' timestamp='1307522101' post='148994']

thought, I hope the XIII-2 will be better on it <3 story seems pretty good from the trailer at least

[/quote]

I think we're looking at another X-2. It's going to be a GREAT game no doubt but I'm not looking for an epic adventure.

[quote name='Emeralda' timestamp='1307548182' post='149149']

I really don't like Claire's new outfit. I mean, why change the previous one when it was good? The whole concept of a sexy female armour? Sexist.[/quote]

Not really. Clearly they were going for a different image with this game. There is nothing sexist about it really. Look at the armor of Lightning's mysterious male counterpart. Square is obviously going for a light contra dark thing and her armor is meant to contrast his. Her armor is meant to make her look elegant, but strong, vulnerable and powerful, masculine but also feminine. Not only that but let's keep it real. Do you really want your main characters rocking last years fashions? They obviously didn't want to have their characters wearing the same clothers in EVERY game so they changed a few of them. Look at Yuna and Rikku in X-2 or the entire cast of Advent Children sans Vincent and the Turks. Sequels mean makeovers.

[quote name='Avan Onee-chan' timestamp='1307551326' post='149174']

Well I thought the new armor looked awesome and neat ._. well I guess there is some people that lust for pixels and would blah blah, but I fail to understand how you got to the conclusion that females wearing armor is sexist... *is also a big fan of Kayle, and got the battleborn skin* then again I prefer female armor types since they give a lot more mobility then the male ones. Its personal opinions, whether you want t be able to jump around and dodge or just be able to take a thousand slaps without falling.

[/quote]

Same here, but in my view I don't like her new outfit. It's not ugly or sexist as some might say, but it just doesn't fit the setting. Lightning's armor is medieval. XIII-2 is futuristic. Even if we take into account the "fantasy" setting her armor is out of place. I understand that she has to have a similar dress scheme to compliment or contrast her male counterpart in this one but hell she could have just gotten an update to her current outfit. Change her top and I would have been happy. Give her something black. But armor? Ehhhh, no.

Alyss

=Vampiress=
[quote name='Avan Onee-chan' timestamp='1307573516' post='149344']

[youtube]WXYF34d8ksA[/youtube]

[/quote]

*O*

It looks really good, but I think I'm gonna miss Lightning a bit... D:

Not that I don't like Sarah, but just that Lightning was really cool.... =P

[quote name='Emeralda' timestamp='1307623713' post='149530']

Wait, what? You no longer play Claire, but as Sarah? That's... even worse than the costume change.

[/quote]

Well, going solo with Claire would be fun too, but not a FF game :S she's gonna join your crew eventually I guess...

Sandbox rpg with Claire? Do want.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
This is so sad. Claire was one of the best characters story wise for FFXIII (I used Fang as my main though), and doing something cheap like that, just ehh.

Plus the monster part, I'm really sceptic about it.

Ehh? They gave Claire one of the most important roles in the story, and your complaining that you can't use her 24/7 ._.

I used Lightning as main, with Vanille and Fang as support.

Lightning capped as commando and ravanger, and almost capped medic.

Vanille capped as ravenger, medic and almost capped saboteur

Fang capped as commando, sentinel and almost capped saboteur

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, I loved the Fang + Vanille saboteur combination to cover all the negative status effects in the beginning, while Hope casted protection spells. Sometimes I had to interchange for that black guy since he had haste and a lot of hp, but nothing special in other fields. I also sometimes had to use Snow's sentinel mode on occasions. But Lightning? In combat she only had speed attribute, but everything else was inferior compared to Fang.

Well, I feel like an idiot for bumping a pretty old thread (at least in my book) but I'm still confused as to how they are using magic when only a l'Cie can use magic. Did something change?