Final Fantasy

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
Since FF has a vast array of different titles I decided to just make a general thread about all of the FF games. You can talk about anything, what you like most about FF games, what you dislike most about them. The music, the game mechanics, the plot, upcoming releases you are excited about, anything at all about the giant FF universe. Please no haters.To start off any discussions about this great game series, which FF game is your all time favorite and which is your least favorite.My favorite of all time would be Final Fantasy 7, I loved the characters and the rich story it told. The materia system was simple but still fun. The music was also phenomenal. The spin - offs have also been good, but some haven't either, i.e. Dirge of Cerberus. FF7 was also my first videogame that I had ever played at the age of 6 years old.My least favorite would have to be FF13, which I feel like will be the least favorite for many others. There wasn't much to it, it was too linear and simple. Also the fact that it was multiplatform also hindered it. The graphics were gorgeous but could have been much better if it were PS3 exclusive. However the music was amazing in this game and I thought that was one part I enjoyed a lot from this game. Nevertheless I am still excited for FF13-2 since I am a FF fangirl.So what are your most/least favorite FF games?

Most favored would be 11,12, and Crisis core for the PSP the prequel for my most hated 7. Sorry I cant pick one I loved all of those so much. 11 was the MMO I adored it spent 7 years of my life playing it made many friends many good memories making it one of the most valuable games to me also being the only thing I've played that long. 12 was just all around fun had a decent story but the game play along with Fran and Balthier is what made it golden to me I just love those characters so much. Crisis core is probably the greatest story told in any of the FF games in my own opinion the main character was excellent in every way the game play was smooth and enjoyable it moved me so much the ending caused manly tears to fall down my face. In terms of soundtracks I can't really comment I rarely ever have music turned on in games. Last yes my least favorite is 7 but I wont go into that because most 7 fans just generalize it as hate.My favored list might get even bigger if they get 14 up in tiptop shape I like the game so far but it's nowhere near as amazing as 11 was for an mmo but we'll see I'm holding on tight and hoping for the best.I'm not good with reviews or explanations all that stuff so sorry but this is the best I could probably type out lol

I detested Could as a character more then any other in any video game nothing but a very whiny emo brat. Sephiroth was just a huge joke. Lets face it Sepirioth is nothing but a sad guy chasing after his mom and wanting to destroy earth. A lame villain in my book. There's been so many other good villains Kafka, Zeromus, Gobelz, Kuja, Gilgamesh, Odin, Garland, Sin, Yunalesca, Kain, Zemus, Exdeath. I also played this much later not when it came out. I actually played Crisis core first then decided to play it after hearing for so long the mindless verbal diarrhea from the fanboys about how great it was so I can't comment on hating the graphics considering it's that old. Along with the battle system I personally enjoy real-time battles and pure turn-based battles but I did not care for FF7's battles where you have to wait for your meter to fill up before mashing the buttons like mad. In general the game is just hackneyed and cliched has characters with no real depths the characters from earlier series were much more interesting had more to them not to mention I am sick of hearing people say it is the greatest game ever made despite all of it's blatant problems.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
13 was very meh, only thing I liked about it was the graphics and music. The story was decent but everything else was crappy. I mean the fighting system was way to easy, the only times I had trouble was when you had to fight the Eidolons. Those werem't even that hard either, besides maybe the one against Alexander.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
Yah Vivi is cool, though sometimes I got a little annoyed and I wanted to shake him and...uh how do i say it... be a little more.. "manly"? lolz. Zidane and Freya are my favorite. Surprisingly I like Kuja too, I think it goes with the powerful aspect, I thought he was a great Villain.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
Kuja was a pretty boy, and a tad bit pyscho but whatevs, I liked him as well. Ah now I'm thinking about my favorite part of FF9, the monster hunt in Limblum, I loved that part.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
I love that part too. The song as well. hmm... my favorite part in FF9. I think probably Terra, love the scenery and that's when the story starts really getting good.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
haha yah he was, I didn't like when i fought him there actually. I like the final battle much better when he turns into his Trance form. Song is epic too.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
The song is so awesome, it is perfect for that battle. Hah. I remember during the battle against the giant guy, forgot his name, where I had Zidane, Steiner, Garnet and Eiko in my party. Steiner got zombified and I didn't have anything to cure him, he died and I couldn't revive him, then Eiko turned to stone and I had nothing to cure her as well (I was really unprepared for this fight) so all I had was Zidane and Garnet fighting, each time it was "Zidane: Attack" then "Garnet: Cure" repeatedly until I finally won the battle, which wasn't long since my Zidane was over powered but still annoying XD.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
lolz yah, I wasn't either, went into the battle at lv 40 thinking that I could beat him. Nope. So had to go back and Lv up. My party is usually Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Freya.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
I would usually use Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, and Garnet/Eiko I think its one of the most powerful party combinations, with Vivi and Steiner working together with the magic sword attacks and so forth. But if I was going to fight a hard enemy I would usually bring in two healers with me, you can never be too safe hehe.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
Ah I see. Yah Steiner + Vivi combination worked great. I just didn't care for the character as much and really liked Freya so I stuck with her. I only used one healer, they never had enough hp so I'd rather bring another fighter to kill the boss quickly before my healer starts having trouble with healing the other party members.