Final Fantasy

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
Final Fantasy IX is my most favorite. I could play it over and over again. There's so much in it to keep it fresh and the story is just amazing. I've had it since I was little and probably still haven't done everything you could possibly do. My favorite character, that they actually let you use, is Beatrix. My god how I wished she was a main party character.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
Final Fantasy IX was amazing. I have beat it repeatedly. I love the setting and the story of that game so much. Beatrix was awesome but I think Vivi was my favorite because he was so cute! I got everything in that game, I even did the speed run through to get the excalibur 2 lol

I just want to say, the FF series really has fallen off of its pedestal. I have played FF(Original, PSX remake, GBA remake, and Blackberry remake), FF2(original, PSX, and GBA), FFIII(Original[so hard to find a good translation for emulation] and DS), FFIV(Original, PSX, GBA, and DS), FFV(Original, PSX, GBA), FFVI(Original, PSX, GBA), FFVII(DoC, Crisis Core), FFVIII, FIX, FFX(X-2), FFXII(Revenant Wings), FFXIII, FFT(Original and Lions War), FFTA, and finally FFTA2. The only, single game, I have not completed and beaten, including all of the remakes, was FFXIII. That game should never been given such a prestigious title as Final Fantasy.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
I agree with you Kain. FFXIII didn't meet the FF standard, kind of like X-2 which was a joke imo... FFXIII would have been considered a good game if it wasn't a Final Fantasy I think :3

I totally agree. It was a very playable game, and the visuals were stunning. It really was put together very decent, but to be a part of the Final Fantasy legacy, it just does not work. Oh, I left out 2 games. Dissidia and Dissidia 012. I would say my favourite FF game of all time would be Final Fantasy Tactics, however, I would have to go with The Lions War, because they made a very good remake, and the CG scenes were beautiful. My favourite character of all time would have to be Squall. Not only is he a bad ass of his own game and use an awesome, iconic weapon, but he is also a bad ass of the Kingdom Hearts games.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
I hate how they changed it to Leon in KH but I guess they had a reason for it. Yeah he is badass and sexy *ahem*. <.< tactics was fun but I wouldn't put it in my top 5 I think.

Tactics was more groundbreaking for the strategy RPG than FFVII was for regular RPG's. I am a fan of strategy RPG's, and if it were not for FFT, we would not have had many great games of the genre that were modeled in FFT's image. Of course, we probably would still have Disgaea, and that game is just pwnage.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
See, I'm not one of the ones that don't like strategy RPGs that much. I prefer regular RPGs more than those types. But that is how I just am, and probably because FFVII was the first video game I ever played. That most definitely has an affect on my tastes.

First... video... game... wow... I feel old. Out of the regular games, I think I have played through FFVII the most, including playing the remakes of the older games. I think I have beaten the game up towards 15 times. I love the game and it would definitely be second for me, I just love FFT equally if not more so.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
Well I first played it when I was 6 :3. I've beaten it 23 times.. I keep count... its sad.. anyways lol, my second favorite would have to be 9 or 4, that's a hard one for me. And don't feel old, I'm just young

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
Mine would be: FFVII, FFIX, FFIV, FFX, FFVI. I just wish they will make the remake of FFVII soon but that won't happen for a long time.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
[quote name='"Blackgold' date=' post: 45840"']Final Fantasy IX is my most favorite. I could play it over and over again. There's so much in it to keep it fresh and the story is just amazing. I've had it since I was little and probably still haven't done everything you could possibly do. My favorite character, that they actually let you use, is Beatrix. My god how I wished she was a main party character.[/quote]Beatrix is an amazing character, I loved her, I wish they would have done a sequel from her point of you or a spin off of some sort where we could have seen more inside the castle and working for the Queen.

Oh the flaming wreckage of Final Fantasy,how I would weep over you.​
FFVI has always been my favorite in the series by far,and for the longest time I claimed it as my favorite game ever. I still want to make this claim but lately every time I go to play it I lose interest and end up dropping it. I've just done it. I still have my SNES cart,I have the Anthologies PSX port,I've tried to play the GBA port a few times,and I've even played ROM hacks. Awful Fantasy is a thing of genius. Mad genius mixed with AIDS and a tourette's chaser.​
Now on the other side,I want to claim FFXII as my least favorite because I hated everything about it aside from the ports of Uematsu's scores. I hated the story,I hated the gameplay changes,I hated the characters,I hated the voice acting,and none of the original tracks stuck with me at all. I cannot bring myself to finish this complete rubbish. The problem is that I also have to pick out Tactics Advance and Tactics A2 for being the complete dog shit sandwiches they were and completely ruining any chance of a good Tactics sequel. Tactics is a great game,but it's sequels are absolute childish turds wrapped in plastic. The Ivalice Alliance ruined everything. Everything
Character wise,I never really pick a favorite overall,but if I had to,I'm thinking Sabin. In the sea of swishy emo wimps you can hardly go wrong with a character so badass that even at low levels he can suplex a train. An entire train. While also out-running it. He's the closest thing to Chuck Norris that Final Fantasy will ever get and we'll never see him again in all of these Gackt rejects we get now. The series went to rubbish after X,and even X's quality is debatable. See TheSpoonyOne's review for that side,although I'm rather fine with X overall.​
Having gotten the pleasantries out of the way,I must now play the villain and line up some ducks.​
There's been so many other good villains Kafka, Zeromus, Gobelz, Kuja, Gilgamesh, Odin, Garland, Sin, Yunalesca, Kain, Zemus, Exdeath.
Kafka was a painter,you want Kefka who is awesome. If I could find some kind of Octocat/Hitler/Kefka hybrid I'd be all over that for new forum images.​
Golbez is hardly a good villain,he wasn't even the villain of that game.​
Kuja is hard to take seriously considering how gosh dern purty he is. Again he isn't even the final villain.​
Gilgamesh is hardly a villain. He lackeyed for ExDeath that one time sure but now he's just an icon. He may as well be a chocobo for he matters. He needs to buddy up with Gogo.​
Odin? The frak? When is Odin a villain? You fight him for his power sure,but that's just a test. Odin is not a villain.​
Sin isn't a villain. He may not even be self-aware.​
Yunalesca isn't a villain either. Yunalesca does her best to give the world hope the only way she knows how. She's only a boss when you threaten to remove the only known way of dealing with the overall problem on an optimistic hunch that something else will come along. Yunalesca's way saves the entire world at the expense of two people who decide willingly to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. That's not villainous,that's just an unfortunate necessity of the time.​
Kain's not really a villain either,for the same reason as Golbez. His a prick,but he's not even entirely responsible for his actions.​
Zemus and Zeromus are the same thing. You listed the same entity twice.​
Exdeath is debatable. He succeeded in his plan sort of,but not for nearly as long as Kefka did. I guess he did it first,but by comparison to Kefka he's not so hot.​
In retrospect,none of the FF villains are that great really,except Kefka. Any villain would look remotely competent compared to chumps like Necron and Ultimecia though.​
Beatrix is an amazing character, I loved her, I wish they would have done a sequel from her point of you or a spin off of some sort where we could have seen more inside the castle and working for the Queen.
That's a terrible idea and you're a terrible person for saying it. Spin-offs are a major detractor killing off this series. None of them have been good aside from Tactics.​
FFIX is the best game evar and I stick my willie in it.
I like the magic stone system from FFIX and the game itself can be fun to play,but Christ on a cracker the character designs are terrible. They just threw in random anthropomorphized animals and called it a day. Where did these duck and hippo people come from? What the bloody hell is a Qu? Zidane was an annoying skid-mark of a hero ala Vaan with more plot relevance. I've never liked the art direction of FFIX,there's just no getting around it. Zidane/Vivi/Steiner/Amarant by the way. Only casuals need healers and Amarant can heal his own MP and is one of only two people who can learn counter magic. The character balance is pretty rubbish though,not too many good combos with stinkers like Quina and having two identical healers. I never used Freya,never saw the point really. Irrelevant now,the series is dead quality wise. No more reason to pick up anything by this company anymore.Just gonna keep playing Parasite Eve II and cry myself to sleep over what could have been.​