HOT spicy food!

Shinji Ikari

Pilot Evangelion unit-1
Who likes the heat.... no posers please. I'm talking about people like me who will eat raw peppers of all kinds... you'll eat the spiceeeeeness untill your eyes are watering!
I love hot food, grew up with it! I scare people when i eat! Who else is into hot spicy stuff!!

PS: normal hot sauce and buffalo sauce DO NOT COUNT.

Oh, post some of your favorite stuff!!
there is a site called mo hotta mo betta that has awesome stuff!!

Shinji Ikari

Pilot Evangelion unit-1
OK, shinji's hot cooking tip #1

If you have hot peppers or dried crushed red pepper, cook it il a little olive oil.... it'll pull all of the spice right out and magnify it nicley.... for example, take your average bland crushed red pepper... dump a couple of tbsp on a small steak with a cup of olive oil... let simmer slllloooowly, and that bland pepper will come to life nicley!

tyron256

turnabout moderation
Nice tip, i'll have to keep that in mind.

BTW, anyone else have problems when cooking for other people? i think its kinda funny the way it works sometimes when i make "mild" (at least to me) dishes and have others think its too spicy. not to mention seeing the looks on their faces while the people who like it spicy add even more red pepper, chili water, etc.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
lol, yea wasabi! its a different kind of spice tho, not like a regular hot pepper. its more like a nose-burning thing rather than something that makes your tongue go num. different from the capsaicin, not sure exactly what its called

B StAR

2D Complex.
you know I used to hate spicy food, but I slowly ate sweet kimchee instead of spicy so I slowly adapted to it. Now im eating it like at every meal and analyzing other people's kimchee lol

I suck when it comes to cooking for other people, usually with spicy noodles instead of water as the base I just cook the noodles, drain and mix the powder with the left over water on the noodles so it is uber spicy

tyron256

turnabout moderation
that's gotta suck big time. if anything i'm probably going to give myself some kind of stomach problem. i wonder if consuming a lot of spicy food over time can do that?

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
i like spicy food, but i have ulcer and am not allowed to eat it.
of course i eat sometimes, but after that i curse myself for doing so.

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
I love reaaaally spicy stuff :p but I don't want to have it uneatable... xD

Wasabi on my sushi. So much it makes my eyes water. I don't like the flavor of peppers, but yeah, I like spicy things.
Wasabi is rather rare to find, but it's freaking awesome :p