Kingdom Hearts

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
I wanted to create this thread for all the Kingdom Heart fanboys and girls. Being myself a Kingdom Hearts fangirl I love almost everything about this amazing series. The intricate, rich plot is what gets me the most. It is so deep and in depth, Tetsuya Nomura is indeed a brilliant man.Hear we can talk abou everything related to Kingdom Hearts, the intricacy of the plot, the game mechanics/fighting system, the characters we most love/hate, what you love/hate the most about the series, and which one so far has been your personal favorite. Need help for anything in the KH games? Come here and ask.All the KH games I think, with an exception in CoM (in my opinion, please don't rage or hate on me if you loved it), have been spctacular. However my personal favorite KH game would have to be the first one. The beginning of the series, starting out the plot and leaving so many things out of grasp and making you want to know more and more, driving you crazy, is what I loved the most. The fighting system may have been a tad easy, but it was still fun to play. I replay every KH game over after a few months and I always look forward to replaying this one the most.So tell me, which KH game is your favorite and why. Also why do you like KH in general?

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
I liked 1 and 2 the best. The story was amazing, really grabbed me. Fighting system was fine for me. I don't mind if a game is on the easy side as long as the story is good. Chain of memories was okay, it can't compare to KH1 and KH2 though it kind of just explained the same story that I already knew with a few minor things different.I disliked the others, the story doesn't grab me and the character for me aren't as interesting. I like Organization 13, I think they're interesting and mysterious, but not enough to center a game around it, I played Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for a little while and just couldn't get into it.I am still hoping for a KH3, I look forward to seeing how they will progress the story.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
Well hopefully KH3 will be started to be worked on soon since Tetsuya Nomura is almost finished with FF versus XIII, he has been working on a lot of games, making us wait on KH3 D: shame on him, busy man.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
Yeah FF versus XIII looks amazing, well I'm biased haha I really hope it isn't crap, been "working" on it since like '06 I believe. Hah, wait too long for KH3? That's what he usually does, just like with versus, its been 5 years since its been announced, and it won't be coming out til 2012 so that's 6 years of waiting, and we've been waiting for KH3 ever since KH2 came out a few years ago, so if his track record is true it might be a while sadly

amandaluvsya

Staff member
Yah so I noticed, looking forward to Versus, that'll tide me over till KH3, hoping they keep everything the same (gameplay, characters, etc.) I hate when the sequel comes out and it's almost a completely different world from the others.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
I doubt he would do that, that would infuriate all the KH fans, everyone is looking forward to play as Sora so much right now, I don't think he is stupid enough to change everything.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
yah I don't think he would do it either. Wasn't saying specifically KH I was referring to another game that it happened in. I do look forward to playing as Sora, though I wouldn't mind if he let us control others for a brief time like in KH2 with Roxas.

What they need to do, seeing as how the ending of KH:BBS explains what the next one is going to be about, is to follow a theme of how there are multiple stories going on at the same time, and you can play through them with different characters. How cool would it be to have the choice to play through a full, non-handheld, game with each character? They could easily have Sora find Aqua, Riku find Terra, and Kairi find Ventus. Then, after they meet their counter part, what ever the actual plot is underneath everything, starts pulling them along until the final encounter with who ever the main enemy is. Just think, they could make the 2 people, and sometimes more than 2 depending on where in the story you are, come out like 358/2 and have them helping you out. However, this is merely wishful thinking. The main character is going to be Sora, and he is going to have Donald and Goofy with him. I just wish they could pool all these good ideas they have had in to the final version.