~Evil Inc.~ OOC + Sign Up

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Well, so far I liked the rp. And I like the idea that you control the environment. The way I see it, you provide me with stuff my character needs to overcome somehow. Way more fun then me having to think of all that stuff myself. Makes solving it so easy. Anyways, Ive been waiting for you to post something.

I'm not going against you, Chaos. I'm just rather put off by how you think something as trivial as Crestham, HappyNisa and I walking out of a base without first going through a sewer is enough for you to insinuate that we aren't RPing properly. You say you had a plan for something to happen to us in the sewers, but we weren't aware of such a plan, and since the others had exited the base without so much as mentioning a sewer or canalization and without even a single reaction from you (eg. "he exitted the place and walked down the street", "Aria began walking to the exit. Once she was outside, Aria headed towards a clothing store, she needed to change", "she walked out of the base"), we assumed that it would be alright for us to do the same.

The Jest

Beneath the Mask...
And I was never truly "Against" anyone, Mr. Chaos just happened to, unluckily, have been on the opposite side of my attempts to put logical corrections down in order to stop this madness.

-lexus- said:
Well, so far I liked the rp. And I like the idea that you control the environment. The way I see it, you provide me with stuff my character needs to overcome somehow. Way more fun then me having to think of all that stuff myself. Makes solving it so easy. Anyways, Ive been waiting for you to post something.
....I must confess, that's the first time I've heard someone say they actually liked this method. But I suppose that surely someone MUST like it for it to continue across the net.

Hadriel said:
You say you had a plan for something to happen to us in the sewers, but we weren't aware of such a plan, and since the others had exited the base without so much as mentioning a sewer or canalization and without even a single reaction from you (eg. "he exitted the place and walked down the street", "Aria began walking to the exit. Once she was outside, Aria headed towards a clothing store, she needed to change", "she walked out of the base"), we assumed that it would be alright for us to do the same.
And here's the major downside to this method of RPing. Speaking of which, I must apologize. I forgot that this method of environment instead of otherwise is actually another in of itself.

To control the environment like you do is actually called DM or "Dungeon Master" RPing. Inspired by the system of RPing made way back in the era of D&D. I've only entered one of these which is still going, and I have to agree that there is an upside to it, the thrill given does make one feel like their the character in the RP, makes one feel like how the character is feeling. BUT there is a downside or two. People and Patience has a ....What's the word I'm looking for, ...Inversive relationship. When one goes up, the other goes down. The more people you have, more impatience is seen in them and Vice-versa.

The other problem......Is actually exactly as Chaos said. Since he is the DM in this system, the RP can't work without him. Because, like in D&D, The DM controls what the player sees. The players acts based on what they see. They cannot act upon what they cannot see, and if they assume what they see the system falls apart, much like it is now.

For this reason alone, I'm not a fan of this system myself, but maybe it's because I have enough in my mind to be able to think about that stuff on my own. However, I am currently in an RP of this Method so I know well how it works.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
YOu know.... we get back at the start of the discussion again in here. That's why I proposed in the my first comments that he'd tell us either through a message in the OOC here or in the rp or even through pm that there is "something"waiting for us at a certain place.

Really if you tell me now there is something in the garden of the Heirall's that will cause trouble I'd might even let my chara's dog jump out of the car or something like that so that you can show us what's in the garden. But I do have to know you have "something" planned for us. Really you don't even have to say WHAT already just that there is something .____.

Like I said earlier you can't expect us to rp just one step of our character waiting for your response to let me character move another step. We don't know what you have planned for us and IF there is something that you planned for us. So yeah my only desire is that you warn us in advance that there is something that you have planned. I"m even okay with having to post just once a day after you made a sort day post of events you made up somewhere in the rp. <-- you know like I know if you have an idea for the gardens and for a certain shop and oh on the streets some extra policemen will be send out. We can't read your mind you know D: And yes you cant read ours, that's what we're just humans for and not one of our chara's.

I"m prepared to play WITH you according to your RULES and IDEAS, but you really have to tell them to me.

So yeah, I'm okay with continueing the rp as long as you don't get mad at us for doing something we didnt know about. Ofcourse by now it should be clear NO killing, only attempts to kill so you can decide if it works and if the NPC is dead or not.

Do you have more rules btw? YOu never ever posted them somewhere ._. you just put warnings in the rp and now I'm the type that reads EVERYTHING, but I know some people are too lazy to check every post. So it would be nice if you posted some rules somewhere ^^ YOu know to remain peace~

O_O Erm, well I'd like to continue this RP if that's your plan Choas, though it's fine if you decide not to I suppose. About the policemen, I didn't really know it counted as something wrong, just thought it was natural for there to be policemen around the scene... Though I am sincerely sorry for doing anything that messed up your RP. And about walking out the place, I wasn't sure how to get out, haha, so I thought it was ok to just do so since others did before me, or rather just one person. *shrugs* But I probably don't have much of a say in this since I didn't read this whole discussion. But again, sorry for doing anything out of hand.

@Hadriel: we already are way past this part and i said, you guys were simply UNLUCKY, EVERYTHING I SAY COUNTS FOR EVERYONE, how many times do i have to say that..? O__O"

@nisa: well, the rules are in the very first post, bottom .___." were there since the very beginning .__." and if you wanna make a big scale move, at least mention that you walked through the sewer... to be honest i actually expected you guys to ask steve how to get out of the base since it's like, 10 km below the ground ._." so yeah that was simply a miscalculation ._." and the problem with the events is simply that i dunno when i'm gonna add them, that's a completely random thing... so yeah, from now on i'll simply try to improvise things somehow if you move further than i thought and that's it ._."

@jest: so there are more people who RP like that..? naice.. and yeah i'm totally aware of that downside but as i said, i simply lack the skill to RP normally in my own RP so i either RP them like that or i won't even bother making them up, it's either this or that, can't change this ._." this is really just a way to cover my RP'ing weakness and still be able to bring up my ideas ^^"

btw, i might even up another RP with an exact battle system where people can even go around and kill things without me being here, of course there are some restrictions because there's a real skill system and stuff..

@lovely: it's okay, since you at least say sorry everything's fine :3 i mean you're new to RP'ing as well soo.. aaanyway, i think i'll continue it ._."

Chaos8ringer said:
@Hadriel: we already are way past this part and i said, you guys were simply UNLUCKY, EVERYTHING I SAY COUNTS FOR EVERYONE, how many times do i have to say that..? O__O"
I know that. I'm just saying that my original cause for annoyance was that. Other than that, I have no other qualms. : D

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
....I must confess, that's the first time I've heard someone say they actually liked this method. But I suppose that surely someone MUST like it for it to continue across the net.
I play D&D with a bunch of friends as well. This is similar. Im put off when I get all the freedom to mess around, when its only me that can create an actual obstacle that I have to deal with myself. This way is more challenging.

The Jest

Beneath the Mask...
I play D&D with a bunch of friends as well. This is similar. Im put off when I get all the freedom to mess around, when its only me that can create an actual obstacle that I have to deal with myself. This way is more challenging.
I see, So this system's right up your alley.

Chaos8ringer said:
@jest: so there are more people who RP like that..? naice.. and yeah i'm totally aware of that downside but as i said, i simply lack the skill to RP normally in my own RP so i either RP them like that or i won't even bother making them up, it's either this or that, can't change this ._." this is really just a way to cover my RP'ing weakness and still be able to bring up my ideas ^^"
I respect that. It shows how motivated to the RPs you are regardless of lacking the key traits to do them.

Well, Since you haven't been able to establish your PM system, (If you don't know how it's "User CP>Edit Options>Enable PMing." (Thanks again Lord Crestham.)) Should I just say my concern in terms of my characters here? I suppose I might as well say in public so everybody can understand it.

oooh so that's how ya do it ._."

well yeah, do as you like, whether here or via pm, it's the same ta me, i mean, you'll write your charsheet and post it here either way =D