Paranoia AG: Post-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Alpha Complex
(If anyone wants to make a banner it would be appreciated)

Rules:
- All rules listed here do apply, I cannot and do not wish to change them.
- Your faction is absolute; betraying your faction intentionally and in full knowledge of your actions may result in being banned from future AGs and/or GM interference to correct the balance. I do not wish for either of these things, so don't do it.
- Punishments may be given out for minor infractions as described later in the post.

Inactivity:
- INACTIVITY IS NOT RELIANT ON VOTING
- Every living participant must post at least once every day in the discussion thread. Failure to follow this rule will result in their abilities being ignored. Two consecutive days of absence will result in death.

Spam:
- "No vote" in the voting thread counts as spam. Votes may be changed to or from "No vote" without consequence, but posts containing nothing else will be punished.
- Multiple paragraph posts containing absolutely nothing related to the game are sufficient spam to be punished.
- Posts such as "Too lazy to read thread, what have you been talking about" or equivalent sentiments are counted as spam.
- Spam in the discussion thread will result in your vote for that day being ignored. Spam in the voting thread will result in your vote for the next day being ignored. Two consecutive days of spam will result in death.

Systems:
Actions:

There are three types of action in this game: Standard, Free, and Move. Every player may use one of each type every day. Free actions will provide results as soon as I am able to process them, Move actions will take place instantly, or as otherwise indicated, and Standard actions will take place at the end of the day. Standard actions may instead be used as an additional Free action if desired. Free actions must be sent in at least 1 hour before the end of the day or else the results will be sent after the end of the day.

Clearance:
Every character has a Clearance, describing The Computer's trust in them. For the sake of this AG there will be only 6 ranks. In order: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, and Ultraviolet.
Computer Archive:
Every character may access the Computer Archive. The Computer Archive contains the information that The Computer has on everybody in Alpha Complex. Access is restricted based on your Clearance, such that you may view information on anybody with equal or lesser Clearance, and edit the information only of those with lesser Clearance. Attempting to access the Computer Archive from outside your Clearance will result in a security flag and will fail. Attempting to read a profile from the Computer Archive is a Free action, while attempting to edit a profile is a Standard action.

Area System:
Access to physical locations within Alpha Complex is restricted by Clearance. Abilities may be targeted on anybody within your Clearance, unless you are illegally positioned outside of your clearance. Attempting to move through a closed door without Clearance will result in a security flag and will fail.

More information about the area system here
Shared Abilities:
Every player will have the Attack and Hacking abilities, as well as legs with which to Move.
- Attack will attempt to kill a target, with success depending on your rank. Each rank will add 15% to your success chance, with rank 0 having a 10% chance and rank 6 having a 100% chance. Most characters will have a rank between 1 and 5. Attack counts as a standard action.
- Defend will use your attack rank to protect. Incoming attacks will have your rank reducted from theirs before determining the final result. If the resulting rank is negative, the attacker will recieve an attack of that magnitude.
- Hacking will attempt to override a computer's default functions. Hacking the Computer Archive will allow you to access player profiles as though your Clearance level was equal to your Hacking level. Hacking in this way acts as an action equivalent to accessing the Computer Archive in the same way. Hacking may also be used to override a door to provide access to restricted areas by overriding doors Open doors may be used by any number of people. Doors may be hacked to access areas with Clearance one level higher than your Hacking skill. Hacking doors counts as a standard action.
- Movement allows you to change your location. It counts as a Move action. Movement may only take place through areas which you have clearance for, or open doors.

Voting:
- Every day, citizens may submit a single name of a suspected threat to The Computer, if they wish. These submissions have been dubbed "voting" by the populace for an undetermined reason, and in an effort to appeal to the masses the term has been made official.
- The individual with the most votes each day is assumed to be the most treasonous and is executed.
- Executions as a result of voting will also remove all clones of the victim.

Citizen Registry:
1)placa_placa ---- High Programmer
2)Bloodrazor Head of the Troubleshooting department
3)noex1337 ---- IWW Leader
4)Biomega ---- PURGE Leader
5)Sanae Communist spy within the IWW
6)Lily ---- Communist spy within PURGE
7)Crestham Sierra Club member
8)VivaLaDimentia Communist
9)Kulitman Head of Internal Security
10)Xiga High Programmer
11)Chimer Sierra Club spy within the Communists
12)BlueDarkness Communist
13)Seraph Lucis Eli Troubleshooter (Pretending to be spying on the Sierra Club for the Communists)
14)Ray Sierra Club spy within PURGE
15)moi Troubleshooter (Pretending to be spying on the IWW for PURGE)
16)Ataraxia Leader of the Sierra Club
17)Arachna Sierra Club member
18)VivaLaPony Onee-chan Troubleshooter (Pretending to be spying on the IWW for the Sierra Club)
19)Shadowolf ---- PURGE spy within the Communists
20)Auron [Role deleted for balance reasons]
21)pimpd2331 Leader of the Communists
22)Zombehs ---- Head of Cloning
23)Nightmare Gear High Programmer
24)necrotyr PURGE spy within Sierra
25)Crazy PURGE bomb maker

Additional reference materials may be found here

THE DAY HAS NOT STARTED YET. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS, BUT NO ABILITIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE DAY 0 POST IS ADDED. READING THE RULES AGAIN IS MANDATORY, AND FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN NOT NOTICING THE CHANGES WHICH HAVE BEEN MADE IN RED.

The Computer thanks you if you aren't a treasonous bastard.

Day post 1
Day post 2
Day post 3
Day post 4
Day post 5
Day post 6
Day post 7

Day 0

"Good Morning citizens of Alpha Complex, Friend Computer has wonderful news to share with you."

"After careful consideration, it has been decided that Alpha Complex is filled with treasonous scum that refuses to participate in the mandatory happiness duties they are assigned. Instead, they wish to destroy the glorious Complex and cause great harm to its civilians with such ideas as freedom and labor unions. However, these traitors are also very well organized and have managed to evade all attempts to destroy their operations."

"Thus Friend Computer has decided to initiate an Emergency Mandatory Traitor Awareness and Elimination state. This state will last for the next 7 days, during which time the cameras will be turned off so that citizens may brutally elminate this threat without risk of being mis-represented on recordings. Additionally, all records have been wiped of assumptions made by untrusted personnel. Official positions remain recorded in the Official Archives. We hope that you enjoy this Mandatory activity."

The announcement cut out to silence for exactly one minute before returning. "Also, in order to facilitate the elimination, all citizens except Critical Personnel have had their stored clones removed. Please refrain from destroying your current clone until the Emergency is over."

Panic set in at once.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Location Removed for Security Reasons-
"Did you hear the announcement this morning? We'll be hunted down like dogs!"

"No... No, this is good. The cameras are off yes?"

"Well yeah... Our spies and tech crews have confirmed that all cameras are inactive... But!..."

"No buts. We must use this opportunity to finish our goals. We have been fighting in stalemate for too long, and now there is a chance!"

"Without clones? Are you insane?!?"

"Perhaps... But if we must die make it death in pursuit of greatness!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Summary]
-Many backup clones have died.
-Actions have been freed for the next 7 days. At this time the game will end regardless of who has achieved victory.

GM hints: The Archive will be very useful.

Warning we have insane bad guys... oh great, a captain obivous >~>

So I guess the bad guys both have spies and teches, but no clones.

But what so great to achieve? owo

5am yey... gnight... *sleeps on the keyboard*

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
This looks to be fun i hope my newness doesn't hold everyone back

Please guide me from this point on :*87:

[Summary]
-Many backup clones have died.
-Actions have been freed for the next 7 days. At this time the game will end regardless of who has achieved victory.

GM hints: The Archive will be very useful.
What to do what to do :confused2:

noex1337

Emmie was here
Troubleshooters? Considering out opponent is the friend computer, that's an oddly relevant name.

EDIT: LOL me. I checked the wiki and that's actually a name of a group.

so troubleshooters are bad? And looking at the wikipedia page.... I'm only more confused ;______ ; I'm starting to wonder how many factions are in this game... paranoia indeed.

so troubleshooters are bad? And looking at the wikipedia page.... I'm only more confused ;______ ; I'm starting to wonder how many factions are in this game... paranoia indeed.
Troubleshooters work for the friend computer. Since the computer is the supposed antagonist according to the wiki, you could say yes..? Not quite sure.

I wonder if the friend computer doubles as GLaDOS.
Doubtful. The friend computer would need to be hilariously sarcastic and cruel. And also be able to double as a potato.

If the Archive is as our friendly GM/Computer said it is, then either reading it or hacking it may be some good ideas. It makes it easier to know who someone... is? (Unless of course, someone EDITS a profile *looks wearily at the Ultraviolets*) I would guess the obvious thing to do is gather info first, which I would do and will. I feel a little uneasy about the fact that a lot of clones are deleted, they're like our life system you know.

Ah, one public question regarding everyone to the GM: It is kinda unclear what we are able to do in ONE Day. Just how many Free, Move, or Standards actions CAN we do? o.o

P.S: GLaDOS is incredibly sarcastic, the FC takes a tone of voice much like a civic attendant, willing to please and stuff (from what I read from the wiki that is...). Thus, their basic voices and attitude differs. Then again, both are prone to unpredictability.

Sanae

Staff member
This seems to be a quite interesting game ^__^ So many interesting character types :O

Sorry if this post seems spammish, not sure what to say just yet ^__^;

Seraph Lucis Eli said:
Ah, one public question regarding everyone to the GM: It is kinda unclear what we are able to do in ONE Day. Just how many Free, Move, or Standards actions CAN we do? o.o
Exactly one of each, no exceptions.

So, do we post (Standard, Free, and Move) here or PM it to Kamil? I'm assuming we PM it because of this:
Free actions must be sent in at least 1 hour before the end of the day or else the results will be sent after the end of the day.
The baddies are the ones that help the computer, right? Or is it the other way around? I want to assume that those with a lower clearance like red are more or less the "villagers" of this game and those with high clearance are the "mafia."

This "moving" aspect of the game intrigues me though.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Ok, first off, read the wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_(role-playing_game)

The Computer serves as the game's principal antagonist, and fears a number of threats to its 'perfect' society, such as The Outdoors, mutants, and secret societies (especially Communists). To deal with these threats, The Computer employs Troubleshooters, whose job is to go out, find trouble, and shoot it. Player characters are usually troubleshooters, although later game supplements have allowed the players to take on other roles.
Computer is bad in the (actual) game. The computer appears bad here as well, based off this: (Plus the following paragraph where it sets up the "regular" users being hunted like dogs)
Thus Friend Computer has decided to initiate an Emergency Mandatory Traitor Awareness and Elimination state. This state will last for the next 7 days, during which time the cameras will be turned off so that citizens may brutally elminate this threat without risk of being mis-represented on recordings. Additionally, all records have been wiped of assumptions made by untrusted personnel. Official positions remain recorded in the Official Archives. We hope that you enjoy this Mandatory activity.
Since the computer is bad (Aka Grand master role most likely), its safe to assume the Troubleshooters are bad, since the wiki states that the Troubleshooters serve the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.