Separation of "Muffin Central" and G2Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, as if I ever was given a choice. You blocked all my attempts to save vB's forums, give you a license. If I didn't accidentally ask, I wouldn't even know you were doing a conversion on Thursday. And I didn't know I was kicked out and you taking the rights to everything until I read this thread. Yeah... And I'm now being kicked for what? Alan agreed to gathering funds for a vB license, I posted the log, and suddenly Tempest didn't like it and I'm kicked out? China moar plz.

Does the rule of advertising REALLY apply to every forum or is it just a rule that the forum host/owner/admin decides is a rule? If else it should be aken an exception.

And its good to hear that she can stay here as a member if she wants to.

roselillya

Bleep Bloop
Staff member
Does the rule of advertising REALLY apply to every forum or is it just a rule that the forum host/owner/admin decides is a rule? If else it should be aken an exception.

And its good to hear that she can stay here as a member if she wants to.
Most websites don't like you advertising places that could take traffic away from the site. All forums I have been to have a rule similar to that.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Rawr, as if I ever was given a choice. You blocked all my attempts to save vB's forums, give you a license. If I didn't accidentally ask, I wouldn't even know you were doing a conversion on Thursday. And I didn't know I was kicked out and you taking the rights to everything until I read this thread. Yeah... And I'm now being kicked for what? Alan agreed to gathering funds for a vB license, I posted the log, and suddenly Tempest didn't like it and I'm kicked out? China moar plz.
Don't pin this on me. You didn't work with any one of the admins, especially the ones that actually do the conversion work and makes sure things run properly. This is a direct result of that.

Canabary

Administrator
We told you the second we recieved the cease and decist order from vBulletin that we had to do something. In a conversation about that you agreed to, or at least seemed to agree to, a change to avoid legal action. You even said you would ask Rina to ensure the members understood it and would be on board with it.

After that point we gave you 2 weeks to facilitate a move. After that time the threat of legal action became more pressing and a decision was made to change the forum software as soon as possible. On Friday you were told this would happen as soon as possible, hopefully by that sunday if all went to plan. As sunday came we were still preparing for a change, yet you seemed oblivious to previous conversations. I said once again that we needed to do this as quickly as possible. Tuesday came and I told you that the conversion would happen on wednesday at the latest. You had 2 weeks from the point we got the cease and decist letter to the actual time we did the transfer to prepare yourself and members.

Wednesday came and the move happened at 11PM GMT+1. There was no way to cut it any shorter than that.

Once the move was completed myself, Eduardo and Boyd were left with a long list of changes you wanted to done. With the comment "Once you're done with those changes feel free to say I acknowledge xenforo". A mere two days later and you were attempting to get donations for a vBulletin license. The fact that you kept pestering us about the changes when you had no intention what so ever to stay with the forum software and was planning to get a vBulletin license all a long... I'm sorry but that's just not cool.

You purposly decieved us, went behind our backs to gather support for vBulletin and did whatever you could to sabotage any acceptance of xenforo...

Darkchao45

No More Heroes
Staff member
Not sure what has been happening behind the scenes as I lost my powers in the merge some weeks back but, I'm sure there is no ill will being inflicted on anyone's part. Shit just happens. Especially when you have various people disagreeing on how to run a site that was merged from 3 others...

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Cana, 2 weeks you say? Than why was working on the skin done last minute? Why was I notified of the conversion an hour before it was done? And I only needed 3 days to get enough money for a vB license, so please stop with the "cease and desist" letter, since it's not legit when I said I could solve it. Boyd wanted xF for his server and others were tasked with forcing it.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
The vB licence is the most confusing thing for me in this drama.
It's so easy to settle since there are many active forumers that come here just for the forum!
Don't say two weeks, it will probably settled less than a week.
From the very start I feel like this xF thing is forced into my throat.

And don't talk about directing people's money.
If they want to keep vB, they will donate and none of you will be having trouble with extra task at all!

*Separation
*Central

And seriously? Separating over forum software? That's like not going to school because you can't decide on what shoes to wear.

Just wondering: If the two parties actually agreed on a standard forum software and worked towards it, would this have happened? Or are the faultlines deeper than that?

Im just saying, Emmie's influance and all the merges come into play yes.
But from what i see it's not about the server and all that it's where you money went and how it's being spent.
When i know perfectly well we could have gone to a free forum and run the forum with there address for free, then their would be no fighting. No worries about a licence or a debt.
I mean i ran a forum that looked just like vbulliten on Zetaboards for free.
The only thing i had to have was zetaboards.com/ (whatever my forums name was) and bam i have my own forum on someones sever.

Darkchao45

No More Heroes
Staff member
A members say is always important but at the end of the day there is a reason web sites, politics, and anything with a large group of people involved have leaders. They know things we don't know or simply can't comprehend. It may seem like I am siding with the admins here but I can understand where they are coming from as I was a second rank admin on AnimeTempest and am a moderator in various other sites. Someone's incompetence can lead to the downfall of everyone.

As a Forum leader, I say this could have been handled differently if people weren't so worried about their money. Cause thats all i see is this issues is all about money.

Rascal

whether or not theres a news post, the new site will be announced lol, word of mouth, msn, skype, spamming on the forums, we'll all find each other again

boyd

Staff member
Cana, 2 weeks you say? Than why was working on the skin done last minute? Why was I notified of the conversion an hour before it was done? And I only needed 3 days to get enough money for a vB license, so please stop with the "cease and desist" letter, since it's not legit when I said I could solve it. Boyd wanted xF for his server and others were tasked with forcing it.
True i did want to move to XF because VB was old and a nulled version, the only time i said we have to move was because that day we received that letter from VB.
All the last minute work was because your list of requests only got longer and we did our best to help you get what you wanted, actually cana did your list and he told me he went to bed at 4 am in the morning because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.