SOTW #1: Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your enthusiasm, entrants! In our inaugural SOTW, we've managed to get 11 entries! You guys rock!

Here are the entries. Make sure you take a look at the voting rules before voting!

Theme:

Freestyle

Entry #1:

Entry #2:

Entry #3:

Entry #4:

Entry #5:

Entry #6:

Entry #7:

Entry #8:

Entry #9:

Entry #10:

Entry #11:

(If your entry isn't here, please PM me ASAP!)

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
:noway:

4 and 10 is...epic...

:cry: dang i knew it i just cant win.

hmm entry 4 GMV

PS:dont we get to know whose work those are?

[quote name='Graham Aker']:noway:

4 and 10 is...epic...

:cry: dang i knew it i just cant win.

hmm entry 4 GMV

PS:dont we get to know whose work those are?[/QUOTE]

You don't get to know until the results are announced. This is to ensure you don't go "HEY HE'S MY FRIEND *vote*".

And offer some reasons guys! I'm sure the entrants want some comments on their works as well!

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Entry 10 GMV. It's easily the best piece in the pool, the typography is perfect, the lighting contrast makes it look good.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
i believe 4 and 10 had some really good stock on hand.

But i like 4 more cause it looks fighterlike. :grin:

well you know me...im the guy who goes for fighting and badass stuff.

@entry 11. Sorry i find this one in particular to be too flashy.

Entry 1 seems abit distorted.:><:

well the rest are great works too and 3 is pretty good. but 4 and 10 are definitely outstanding

btw number 10 reminds me of someone over at MF....hmmm same typo style

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
To me entry #2 and #10 stood out the most and were the best skill wise... At least in my opinion....:) Don't get me wrong the other entries are really good too, but 2 and 10 just seems the best with how there isn't too much negative space, good placement, and typo.

It's a hard choice but I suppose I'll go with entry: #2

---

#2 has both the fine detail and texture while having alot of empty space as well to balance the graphic. Also, placed well to show the parts of that character where needed to show. That's why i place my vote to that.

I like 2, 3, n' 4. I'll go with 4, cuz it has two of the colors I like the most.

And cuz of pirates.

[youtube]3AzpByR3MvI[/youtube]

I'll give my own little CnC of some of the entries.

Entry 1 - Nice, but looks a little bit low quality

Entry 5 - NICE MOTION BLUR. I MEAN IT. I can feel the guy stabbing forward

Entry 8 - Pretty classy, though the low quality is a bit of a let down.

My vote goes to entry 10. It's beautiful, that's all I can say. The lighting is amazing, and the typo blends in perfectly. It's definitely a cut above the rest.

Now I dunno, really. I'm stuck between 2 and 10. >_<

2 I guess. I've got a preference for colder colours right now.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Let's see...

#2 had big chances of winning in my eyes, the floral brushes were added seamlessly, the colour manipulation fits great (I've seen the original render long time ago), the text doesn't stand out. But the cons, well, it's a bit unevenly empty, there is no border and worst of all, it's HUGE.

The oh so popular #10 look good as an image, as a sig not so much. The text and blending are nice, altough the render looks too stickied to the background, and with the really bad ratio, almost square like, and the too thin choice of a render, it doesn't give a sig-like feeling. Especially when you look at the border type, which doesn't fit such ratios at all.

And now for the best - no#4. It may be big, but you don't get that feeling. You also don't get the feeling it's empty. The left part doesn't stick? You don't pay attention to it anyway. The use of font? Brilliant. Black special fonts fits perfectly with render where black is one of the dominant colours. A quite standard border that doesn't get in the way, also a plus. Normally I'd say the high contrast is bad, but here it does it's job surprisingly well. I'll say this, this sig is a perfect example were good design and a bit of creativity and common sense triumphs.

No#4 gets my vote.

Note: Please do not post more than once in this thread. If you have something to add, edit your original post.

Such amazing tags from everyone =^^=

my vote goes to #10 I love the blending and depth in the tag. Idk if it's the render or a stock but the way the pictures blend is amazing~~

the typo is beautiful too ^^

nice job ! :)

Entry 2, 4, 8 and 10 give out strong impression on a glance.

I may unable to be objective as my limited knowledge in GFXing, but I'll try to CnC.

#2 : The black and empty BG makes the merry and bluish focal stands out a lot which dragged all attention to it. However, the BG feels tooo empty, maybe if it were resized into smaller with the proposition of BG : focal is 40: 60, I think it will look nicer. As for the text, i think it doesn't go with the personal theme, the girl doesn't emit icy character.

#4 : The contrast between black and mostly yellow makes it catchy, but it feels heavy, not sure why, maybe because both the character and the text stand out at the same level which lies on a rather confusing BG. On the left BG it looks like nature / forest like, on the right its like a cloud fire and those green butterflies on it, it's not flowing well to me >.>

#8: Looks nice, simple and glowy. The only stranger is the tag, its better without it I suppose.

#10: I actually like this style, although I don't like the border, and the character/render doesn't blend well, maybe if he stands under the light (?).

Eventually, my vote goes to entry #2

Sanae

Staff member
Entry #10 GMV

All were very good, but 10 caught my eye the most ^__^ Nice effects and lighting ^^ While not being too overwhelming that it distracts from the render ^^

I vote for Entry #3 !

Reasons:

- Because it pops out! It caught my eyes!

- Green bg colors matching the hair color

- Nice use of brushes

- The typo can be improved though

//OOT

- the render drawing style is beautiful. totally the style I want >.<

on another note...

- I think it s obvious who made the entry #5. lolz

- I suggest that we disable signatures to vote here. For easier vote count, right? ^^

these catch my eyes:

3: pretty nice placement and 3/4 background effect catch my eyes. If only the typo is clear this will definetely got my vote

4: a pirate nice idea, cute character, good effect to solve all typo problems. Unfortunately I fail to see connection between pirates and this one, that's too bad

10: Awesome is not enough to describe this, THIS IS EPIC. It feels like going to the sunny wood with the character, there's nearly no problem on this one. However if only the typo bit brighter this would be perfect

11: an idol must be flashy, you're doing it right. Effects, lightning, typo, and background all good. Now if only i understand what's the Hiragana there means...

my vote going to entry #11

sry #10 for me typo is a soul for signature

and yours is too darkish and thin >_<

Bố

Entry #1: Seems squeezed in to me. Looks oddly uncomfortable. Needs to work on composition, bro.

Entry #2: Nice and all, though you could done something more to make the text stands out.

Entry #3: I like what you did on the background, though you could make the text stands out from the background a little more.

Entry #4: Everything is cool with this one. Typo is nice, border too.

Entry #5: I like the lightning out of his spear. There's also depth, given that you made Lubu looked like he was really moving forward in motion. Good job.

Entry #6: Cool, though you needs to make the text fits into the tag a little bit more. White somehow doesn't fit with purple much.

Entry #7: Like this one, though it looks kind of...looks dirty.........as in color. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there another layer behind the tag or did you use some color tech in here?

Entry #8: Lightning is great, background is great, and border too~

Entry #9: Seems squeezed in like the first one, but overall I've nothing to complain.

Entry #10: Nice entry. Lightning is great. Text is great. I'm curious to see the original image.

Entry #11: Cool. Nothing to complain about.

I voted for #5: I voted for 5 because it has depth unlike the others and that made all the difference. All the tags looked great, could have fixed a bit there and then. Great nevertheless.

Jimzy

First, I would like to thank the participants who sent their entries for the very first SOTW. This won't be very successful without you, who paid attention just to make and beautify each of your works. Congratulations and hope to see ya' next week again. :)

I suggest to wrap each in a spoiler.

Seriously, the image breaks after attaining complete formation. Which make me NOT TO VOTE YET.

So please wrap each in a spoiler for I to compare each works.

CnC to those images which retained their formation:

Entry #1 = I suggest to put a typo to emphasize what specifically are you trying to imply. Seriously, I dunno what's what here.

Entry #2 = O.O Kewl! But the arm is messed. xD It's not a girl's arm!

Entry #3 = It's simplicity makes it nice. Juz a little suggestion, it would be better if you make your typo and stars on the background shiny... At least they connect ; stars = shine. So that it would be more attractive.

Entry #4 = It's kewl! :) All the elements are pretty well connected.

Entry #5 = It's obvious. Aker? xD Well, also my concern with my set I requested to you before, IMPROVE YOUR TYPO! Other than that, I can say that you are improving very well. :)

Entry #6 = It's nice too. But the typo is simple. (Test: 0 ; O) Did you use Zero instead of big letter O in OBEY?

Entry #7 = It's awesome! :D I like how you made this. You have a very good stock! Your point of view is specified clearly. The typo somehow fits the whole siggy. However, there's one thing I noticed, when you first look at it, your full attention will be on the face. Next on the typo. Then third on the hands above her head. What she's carrying is ignored. I would like it more if what she's carrying is removed, or maybe lightened/dimmed so that my view next to the face would be on it.

Entry #8 = Pretty good. The Puella Magi Madoka character is pretty seductive in her pose. xD

The quality is low? And try to use different style in typo. Maybe make it a lil smaller and put dot(s) as well? And bold the letter S instead of o, t and w.

Entry #9 = The stock you used (am I right in pointing the stock? the character on the left? xD) is inappropriate. I dunno but for me the background and the image on the left is not connected. The background is so dim. While the image on the left is bright. The central blurred image seems to be an outcast. I guess it's better if you paid your attention to the center image, and made it the center of attraction.

Entry #10 = The best. Hands down. The usage of stock, the typo, the effects, all are blended very well into an EPIC Siggy. It deserves 100% the first spot in the Anthology of Fame. I have a hint who made this. *sneaky* I'll be using this after the contest if you don't mind. >.>

Entry #11 = Good. The typos fits perfectly for me. Maybe juz make it more 'detailed'? I mean, sharpness? Something like that?

It's an epic fight. All of you guys did a good job. Thumbs up to those who joined. :]

Since I want a memorable and very deserving spot for the first ever Signature in the Anthology of Fame, I'll be voting for ENTRY #10~

-=>Great and worthy of the title. *salutes*

Ranking:

1.Entry #10

2.Entry #7

3.Entry #4

4.Entry #2

5.Entry #11

The rest are tied for the 6th spot. ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.