SOTW #14 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Oh, those are good. But #4 will get my vote.

I meant #1 GMV - The effects are nice, there is a good depth, nice focal and to the point. The text is not that bad. And very thematic if you tell me. Though, it is too bright, which I don't mind.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
4 GMV - Despite it being very simple, the others are over-cluttered with pointless effects that ruin them. 4's simplicity is what causes it to shine compared to the others. Though the text kind of sucks on all of them, 1 might have gotten my vote if it wasn't for the ruined/forced light on the right side.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
I will go with number 1. I don't like the vertical design. Actually, I despise it, but the depth and blur make it so the watch is the first thing I pay attention to.

Number 2, not a fan of monochrome.

Number 3, were layer styles used to create those shadows? It completely ruined it for me.

No#4 is interesting, but ehh, it's almost as if the focal was the whole sig, which makes it kinda awkward. A little depth instead of oversharpening would have fixed it.

Chimer

★('°Ch†mR°') ★
Number 1 GMV... but i'm not fan of the "colour saturation" of the clock... maybe you can soft a bit the blue and the yellow...

# 2 and #3 have good idea but some effects kill them...

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
#1 GMV
It is really appealing. Though it seems to be over contrasted. The concept of it submerging into water(?) is good. But the lens flare somewhat killed it. Just how the hell does light passes that solid under the water? o.o
Could use some more color tweaking. Lessen contrast and add brightness.

#4 could have won my vote but the lack of good blending really irked me. I still can see a faint violet outline in the rose part. It's somehow a bit noticeable because of the unbalanced blurring. Could use some more masking of some layers. Like the rose for example. To tell the truth, the blurring killed everything pretty in this tag. It would look better if the GFXer tweaked the blending of the BG and the render first and made it B&W then do the color splash thing.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
1 GMV.

Its simply beautiful. I really like it.

4 was pretty close but 1 really just stole it with the awesome background and depth.

@Maria ojou sama. Hiiii

#4 GMV
I liked the simplicity here~
Although the depth and everything was much better in #1, I felt the lighting was way too overpowering in my opinion in #1. #4 kept it clean and simple.

Entry #2 GMV
It's simply pleasing to look at. I like how the text was integrated though it could have been done better.

#1 is too bright. If it was darkened a little more it could have been better.
#3 ruined it for me with those white streaks, and that effect on the bottom right corner seems to overtake the boombox a bit too much
#4 is incredibly simple (simple seems to be in :) ) Collectively, it seems kinda bland and the focus seems to be split between the text. The work kinda seems like "oh look" and then you forget that you saw it :/

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Ehhh Entry 1 and 4 are my favourite ~ Though both have a something that I like and dislike about them.
In the end entry 4 gets my vote. The simplicity is nice though I would have wanted that the render was blended better with the bg. Still a pretty good job~ :3

#1 GMV.
Although it lacks in some areas (too much colour contrast, blur tool is overused on the top right of the tag), its typography is better than the other three tags (though 'Ever flowing' should be kept simple... use Arial font, maybe). The idea is good. If the tag was polished up in some areas, this would be definately be a great tag.

I also like the idea of #3 but unfortunately the stock doesn't blend in well. And personally I don't like the colour scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.