SOTW #16 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
No.2 GMV - I love the stock and the render. Just amazing. And that text is not really bad. Though, it's a bit darkish(which I really do like, but for the other people, not so much). Haven't seen a border in while.The other two are done nicely, but they are cliche(iridescence and kaleidoscope... seriously... that's the last thing I want to see in a Pony themed sig)

Chimer

★('°Ch†mR°') ★
#2 GMV => nice atmosphere.
#1 => too much blur on the Bg i think...
#3 => a bit too much for me...

Anyway... for all the entries => nice ideas ^^

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
3 GMV, It wasn't great, but I liked it much better then the others.

Absolutely hate the style used in Entry 2, so there was no way that was getting my vote. Entry 1 had numerous problems, so it was also out of the running fast. Entry 3 would be a lot better if the blending was done properly, the top and bottom of the pony just looks strange and forced to me.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Entry 1 had promise, but it's an unfinished product, especially with the pure black background.

Entry 2 would have gotten my vote, but Rainbow Dash's colours turned out just so... bad. It need more care for such big details like your focus.

Entry 3 gets my vote, despite having blending problems, the result looks quite promising, and I could see some work actually done with it.

[MENTION=55]Hadriel[/MENTION], make a post on the main page about sotw voting.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
It was between #2 and #3 for me. I like the 2nd but it was so dark; I would have liked it to be more bright and happy. The third is a bit messy, but it's really colorful and I could tell they put a lot of effort in it. Some parts of the blending is a bit weird though...

In the end, Entry #3 gets my vote~

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
WHERE IS FLUTTERSHY?!!! D<

Entry #3 GMV. Despite the lack of the right execution and composition. It's the most vivid in terms of color and most appealing. Technique-wise, there are some parts that should be left as it is, like the outline of Rainbow Dash for example. Also the blending of colors is too much. Try not to follow the same color scheme of the render you're using to avoid unnoticeable-ness of the focal.

Overall, it is a great entry.

And to the others as well.

Short CnC for the two:
1-The blurring kinda killed the effects behind. Plus, there's so much going on the left side while the right side is so empty.

2- The blurring kinda irked because it killed the 3D-ness of the BG. The concept is nice but it would be nicer if you add effects. Like some random pentooling on the render or adding textures just to put some action on the focal.

Anyways, I'm still quite disappointed for not seeing Fluttershy. D:

-Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.