Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Life Stocks/Renders

• Two Colours

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this time, we're rolling out some new stuff!

Theme Bank

Monochromatic

Self-made Backgrounds

Symmetry

Vocaloid

Devil May Cry

Axis Powers Hetalia

Angels & Demons

Zoids

War

Touhou

Yandere

Standardized Size & Text

Lens Flare

Tsundere

Picture Frames

Angels & Demons

Retro

In Transit

Nature

Flying Lolis

Ice Cream

Water

Teapots

Circles

(These are themes which may be a little hard to do or vague. You have post whether you want them to be included in the theme bank the next time or not!)

You can also suggest new themes for future contests! Remember, only three themes per person!

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
Also voted for RL stock/renders, you have to have some serious skills to be able to execute this well, since most GFXers, including myself only work with anime/manga renders.... I would love to see what entries we'd get from this. <3

[quote name='Lovely.']Also voted for RL stock/renders, you have to have some serious skills to be able to execute this well, since most GFXers, including myself only work with anime/manga renders.... I would love to see what entries we'd get from this. <3[/QUOTE]

its not that hard , i think the hardest would be dispersion

godofwar7

godofwar7 says:

Only one person did a standup job on the black white contest. I'd like everyone to challenge themselves again with just 2 colors.

Also I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of the themes in transit.

Explain, handrail.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
[quote name='Flupser']its not that hard , i think the hardest would be dispersion[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sorry that I fail. >____>'' I've met a lot of ppl who think so, but I guess it really depends on the person...

And I agree with godofwar... There really isn't much wrong with the transit themes, other than being vague, but the gfxers are supposed to interpret what they think the theme is like and go from there....

[quote name='Lovely.']

Well I'm sorry that I fail. >____>'' I've met a lot of ppl who think so, but I guess it really depends on the person...

And I agree with godofwar... There really isn't much wrong with the transit themes, other than being vague, but the gfxers are supposed to interpret what they think the theme is like and go from there....
[/QUOTE]

lol na i joined several groups on deviantart and they spam everyday my inbox with new creations , you learn a lot just by looking

[quote name='godofwar7']

godofwar7 says:

Only one person did a standup job on the black white contest. I'd like everyone to challenge themselves again with just 2 colors.

Also I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of the themes in transit.

Explain, handrail.

[/QUOTE]

Well, those are themes which members may have more trouble with. For example, Ice Cream. What about Ice Cream? It's a pretty difficult theme to do because it's hard to get ideas for it.

Anyway, it's not like the themes will be scrapped. I just want the opinions of others before I choose to keep it or not. :3

godofwar7

godofwar7 says:

I contest that.

Nature? The ideas are limitless. Animals, trees, plants, heck even any stock of the outdoors would do.

Flying lolis? Work with sky stocks and techniques that display motion, not to mention lolis.

Ice Cream? Any difficulty with this theme is the same that comes with real life stocks. And here I see a real life is up for nomination.

Water? If you can do fire, you should be able to water.

Teapots? Again real life stocks comes into play.

Circles? Difficulty with this theme is the same that would come with Typography. And that is the current theme.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
If ever polka dots wins this voting. I would like to suggest that the contestants make something really polka dottish. Because I have the feeling if this theme will win in this voting, entries would end up looking like those typical tags that abused too much bokeh effects. ^^

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Voted for RL, since I always find it a very nice change of pace on anime/manga sites.

As for the "In Transit" themes, the only one I see as really an acceptable theme is Nature. Rest of them are either way too specific (Teapot) or just a plain waste of time since they do not challenge the user in anyway (Looking at your flying loli's over there). Either way, its up to the masses~

Agreed with Maria, if polka dots win it should be made clear that Bokeh effects do not count as Polka Dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.